Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
My post from MFP:

Dear TOM, It is ON!!! I am not backing down. I WILL stick to my plan and you WILL give up the water!! Down that same .4 today back to 188.4 again. I an ON PLAN and will continue to wait it out.

That is all.

zoodoo: Great job on working on your exercise. I think tracking it is a great idea to know how you're doing. Don't overdo it. Start slow and once you feel comfortable with that, you can move on. Great job!

melissa: I'm sorry someone got into your car! We know that I, for one, can surely sympathize! I never locked my car until this summer. Now, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't check it at night, just like the windows. LOL I learn most of my lessons the ultra-extreme hard way. I'm sorry you had a taste of that.

Wanna: Stay strong! Don't get frustrated....you ARE holding steady! I'm right with ya. Been here at this number all week. Stay on plan. Stay focused. The scale will give in. It has no choice.

Mamakat: Get lots to drink today! I wish we had your hot and muggy all the time. It makes me tired and grumpy but I'd rather that than any form of being cold.

Soft Speaker: Welcome to the greatest support thread EVER!!!!! You will LOOOOVE it here!! Great job starting off on your new healthy way of life! Great job putting your health first! A great way to figure out how many calories you should be eating is to look up your BMR (basal metabolic rate). That is how many calories your body burns in a day just by existing. If you want to lose weight, you eat a little less than that number. As far as exercise, there are all kinds of exercises you can do at home. There are many of us here that work out at home. My dear, you have come to the RIGHT PLACE!! Ask any and all questions you have, we all would love to help!

Jo: I don't know what it about you. I think of you almost evertime I get on my treadmill. Maybe it's your avatar. I think it's because our stats are so similar and we're at close points on our journeys. I love it when you post. I loved your other post about the changes you have made. I actually printed that out and kept it. It's going in the Fitness Bible that I am creating while on my own journey. It's going to be the book of info that I refer to when I have my own clients. Anyway, I appreciate you.

I'm feeling very connected to my 3FC family today. Bob Harper put a quote on FB last night that got me reflecting and I think it carried into today. "Never forget where you came from."

I'm reflecting on that today and I am thinking of people we don't see here much anymore and hoping/wondering if they are ok (mamap, leahnoel, cutiecourt). Sending happy thoughts their way today. :
Aw, thanks Vixsin! That makes me feel so good. I am happy to inspire anyone as I have been inspired by so many people on here (including you). I am usually quite a private person, but have witnessed along the way what valuable lessons we learn from each other and although this is not a one size fits all journey, I figure someone could learn from me too, so I put it out there when I can. I think you made my day, I was feeling a little blah until I read that
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #77  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jomatho - I am with you for the soon to be TOM, and not liking it... my energy drops, your appetite goes up...why is this thing so evil? Doesn't mother nature we are trying to lose weight???

Dina - It sure can be difficult to start, but if you persevere you can accomplish anything!!!! Your attitude for success is in you and you just need the actions to follow Welcome and good luck with your weight loss endeavour!

mamakat - I am an evening exerciser. I get up at 3:30am to begin my day, get the kids' meds all situated for the day, have my coffee, get ready for work, make DH's to do list and supply him what he needs (money, bill info, etc), then it's off to work.... home around 6pm... relax about a half hour and exercise (this is where it can get messy with kids' appointments, but last night there wasn't any that I had to attend)... supper/help kids with homework while I eat, shower, bed around 9:30-10ish... as early as I can possibly manage. I am so not willing to get up any earlier than 3:30... heck, I struggle to get up then sometimes, Sounds like you are full on mommy-mode today for sure! I have my DS home sick as well, but DH is there with him as much as possible. Too bad we couldn't snap our fingers and make things perfectly ok for the kiddos again

Linda - Don't allow discouragement to get you down. The scale is simply a number, and from seeing yours, you have lost 12 Lbs!!!! That's no small accomplishment, that's huge! Look at how your clothes feel, the narrowing of your face when you look in the mirror.... do those sound like reasons for discouragement? Brush yourself off hon and stay focused - you are doing so well the scale can't keep up with ya

Melissa - So sorry someone got into your car. That is so wrong of them! I am also sorry you had your monitor taken from you. I am so glad they didn't see the shoes... it's hard to get all this stuff back when someone steals it... cause unlike those people who took it, we all work hard for all the things we manage to get

zoodoo - I am sorry you are feeling so unfocused. I think everyone has to re-evaluate where we are and what we can do from time to time... drop-back and punt is how DH and I refer to it, lol. We don't want to let you go, so stay with us and anything is better than backwards

Vixsin - That's it... go get em'! LOL!

Lindsey - HI!!!! Hope your day is grand!!!!

Krystal - Hi!!! Sleep well!

Jen - Welcome and good luck with your weight loss endeavour!

nevaeh - The Fitness pal also has a place to track the food. Almost every food you can think of and brand is in there as options, so you don't have to think on that either. I don't have time to "think" about what I do in a day... since discovering that, have done better to actually see where I need to improve My Fitness screen name is "StarIsMoving" if you would like to add me
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #78  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Thank you so much yall!
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #79  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Finally I get to see the doctor today. I am going to ask to be taken off Zoloft, it's just zapping my energy and I don't like that, plus I've napped practically every day since I've been on it. Luckily I've also been sleeping at nights to, but sleeping is a sign of depression for me so I think the Zoloft is working the opposite direction for me. I've also noticed I'm feeling ultra lonely lately for no reason so it's not doing me any good. Plus my heart has been racing with anxiety which is the whole reason why I started it in the first place. I hate Zoloft.

The day turned out nicer as far as cooler weather, I should have worked out and now feel uber guilty for not doing so. Maybe after the doctor's appt. I should get my monthly measurements too. I haven't been to my gym in a while so I haven't done any of that. So maybe I'll come home and bike and do weights...plus another 30 push ups...we'll see. I need to sing out and I surely can't do that while on the boardwalk

Hope you are all having a great day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

hum... I have a confession to make: I went to TGI Friday with some friends and had a half portion of Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner, it was the healthiest thing on the menu (the menu here is different from the US)... And it was pretty tasty but I felt bad for eating it though - on a side note, that was 6 hours ago and I haven't eaten since!
I find eating out with friends the hardest thing when trying to be healthy/count calories!

Guess my sin was anything between 400 and 500 calories as there was a truck load of dressing. I'm within my 1200 calories but I felt sooooo bad

Anyway, do you guys have zero calorie jelly? Or any other zero calorie snack? I am thinking how can a pack of jelly have 180grams and zero calories, zero fat and 8 grams of carbs?! Carbs with no calories, is it possible?
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry Great job on getting all of that work done! Sorry to hear about the HRM. I hope the drive is better than you are anticipating.

Itsmyturn Which melatonin are you using? I have a sustained release product that I use at times. The main times that I have insomnia are during TTOM. Great job at the gym!

Jomatho Great job staying on plan, yesterday. I hope you have another good day today.

Soft Speaker Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Mamakat It is really muggy here today, too. We are suppose to cool down by the end of the week. Looking forward to that! I hope you get some relief, too. ETA: I just saw your next post about it being cooler. Sorry about your DD being allergic to squash. I still can't believe all the allergy testing I have had and it was all negative.

Wanabeloseragain Don't get discourged. Give it a couple weeks to see if there are any changes. If you don't see a loss, then you can tweak your program.

Zoodoo I would suggest to keep trying to find something that works for you. Maybe have a modified plan for the weekend and make sure you follow your main plan closely during the week.

Vixsin Thank you for sharing. I miss people that hasn't been here in a while too. If anyone is lurking around, to you.

K9 Based on your knowledge about the type of surgery that Larry had, how long before he would be able to be back here? I have been worried about him.

Jen1982 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! I think you have to be a member for 20 days in order to get a ticker.

Lindsey Hi I hope you are having a good day.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #82  
~Star~

Diana - It's just a vitamin one under the brand Nature Made.... I can take 1-3 tabs at night for sleep... I usually take 2 and it helps. I am ADHD, by evening my meds have worn off... this is the first time I have been able to sleep fairly regular without needing Clonodine (a prescription...and I hate scripts if I can avoid them) and still get more than an hour and a half of sleep a night. As far as I am concerned... it's a natural supplement that helps me be "normal" as far as sleeping I don't recall seeing a "long lasting" or "time released" type thing on the label... so suppose it must be just straight up Melatonin?

Larry - We haven't seen you check in... worry is abundant
Old 09-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

ItsMyTurn If you ever start having problems with waking up, you can change over to the sustained release type product. The sustained release one is suppose to stay active in your body for at least 6 hours. Some people have issues with the immediate release products because they don't stay active in you as long. Everyone is different, though. As long as it is working for you, that's all that matters. Not getting proper sleep is a miserable thing.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #84  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Daily accountability is just what I need, so I'll hop in.

I'm mostly focused on losing fat and getting back in peak shape (when I could squat 1.5 x my body weight, those were the days). I'm at a "normal" weight, but being the perfectionist I am, that's not good enough.

The last few months I went through a lot of stress (quitting the old job, moving countries with 3 cats in tow, delays after delays in immigration paperwork for the new job to the point I thought I'm not going to get the visa and I'd be undone, plus my partner going through seven kinds of **** with his own problems). This had the unfortunate result of me falling off the eat-healthy-and-exercise wagon for a few months. Now it's time to get back on.

Since last Monday I've been on plan (minus a planned refeed day on Sunday). I've been eating under 1200 calories a day (most days under 1000 even) and all of it was healthy foods.

Today I've had scrambled eggs with veggies for breakfast, chicken breast and salad for lunch, greek yoghurt with strawberries for afternoon snack and another chicken breast with salad for dinner, for a grand total of 947 calories.

Tomorrow I'm planning tzatziki with turkey ham for breakfast, chicken breast with salad for lunch (I like chikkin!), ground beef and green beans for dinner. Snacks are still open for discussion, depending on what I feel like. Probably salad or some fruit.
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

Kittenmancer Hi and Welcome to the check-in.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #86  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Diana - It's just a vitamin one under the brand Nature Made.... I can take 1-3 tabs at night for sleep... I usually take 2 and it helps. I am ADHD, by evening my meds have worn off... this is the first time I have been able to sleep fairly regular without needing Clonodine (a prescription...and I hate scripts if I can avoid them) and still get more than an hour and a half of sleep a night. As far as I am concerned... it's a natural supplement that helps me be "normal" as far as sleeping I don't recall seeing a "long lasting" or "time released" type thing on the label... so suppose it must be just straight up Melatonin?
This has me a bit puzzled.
"this is the first time I have been able to sleep fairly regular without needing Clonodine"

Clonidine for sleep?

Last edited by K9Owner; 09-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #87  
~Star~

Am I not spelling it right? It's a tranquilizer type medicine.... also helps with anxieties.... anywho, was on it as a PRN for about 2 yrs... cause honestly I never thought anything was wrong with the way I slept... or didn't sleep. It's amazing the things you think are normal until they are pointed out to you... my father has always been like I was too... so it's not I didn't "fit" within my family growing up either. I know it started with CLO...and ended with "dine"... but with my children all being on so many meds presently...and me not "needing" to know that information anymore on myself... VERY possible I named it incorrectly here
Old 09-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #88  
~Krystal~

I can’t begin to express the exhaustion I have at this point! I don’t know if I’ve ever shared this with you guys before, but I HATE partying at work! I like uneventful evenings. This may seem like a no-brainer, but we actually have people who work in the medical field who get their kix off of the adrenaline rush of eventful episodes! I am NOT one of these people.

The past 2 evenings have been eventful for me. Sunday started with me being pulled to another unit to work. I used to work this unit, b/c we were combined (MI/Arrythmia/CHF), but then they separated our units. Now, CHF is it’s own independent unit from the other 2.

Anyway, the whole night was just eventful, from skyrocketing blood pressures, near coma blood sugars, and even a profusely bleeding patient—it was h-e-double hockey stix on wheels ALL night. Then, last night, I returned to my unit and everything was going grand until 4 a.m., when one of my own patients—who was scheduled for discharged today---became increasingly short of breath, to the point where I had to call the ICU nurse to come and assume his care. I felt so bad for this patient, b/c he had done so well overnight and he was ready to go home, then BAM all of a sudden he couldn’t breathe.
I was SOOOO thankful that I had started rounds at 3 a.m., instead of waiting until 5 a.m., like we typically do. I wanted to be done on time, since this was my last day for almost 2 weeks, and I have A LOT to do this week before Thursday night—my departure time for my 9 days out of the city! Needless to say, I left an hour LATE! GRRRRR However, once they get me there, I am committed to my patients, and there was no way I could leave him to the oncoming nurse. (It’s actually getting me to come to work that they seem to have the most problem! )

I’m tired, but restless.
Exhausted, but unable to wind down.

And it’s 1700 here, that means it’s 1800 in FL, and I am more concerned than ever for “my internet patient and friend”—LARRY!
Why on earth do I have to KNOW TO MUCH! Oh yeah, it’s because I prayed for wisdom 10 yrs ago!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #89  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Am I not spelling it right? It's a tranquilizer type medicine.... also helps with anxieties.... anywho, was on it as a PRN for about 2 yrs... cause honestly I never thought anything was wrong with the way I slept... or didn't sleep. It's amazing the things you think are normal until they are pointed out to you... my father has always been like I was too... so it's not I didn't "fit" within my family growing up either. I know it started with CLO...and ended with "dine"... but with my children all being on so many meds presently...and me not "needing" to know that information anymore on myself... VERY possible I named it incorrectly here

Klonopin perhaps!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #90  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

Klonopin perhaps!
Oh yes! That's the one! I was getting it confused with... oh lordy, no wonder you were thrown... I confused it with my son's anti-hallucination medication (for audio and visual)... dang, yea... world of difference. He isn't on that anymore either, so hard to remember who was on what for what all these years...and since I was only on mine a short time compared to all theirs... I am not a priority for memory That was it though...and never failed, I felt groggy in the morning, like cloudy almost, on the nights I would break down and take it... hated it. I do feel like a dork for messing that one up... but with my son on so many meds (and having BEEN on so many others), and same with oldest daughter...it all gets totally jumbled