Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #61  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Beginning to lose some of the tons of water weight I gained for TTOM... Should have two more days of TTOM and then we'll see what happens.

Have to clean the kitchen and pick up the mudroom today and then drive all the way to Dulles to get her from the airport. I won't be volunteering to do that ever again. It's more than an hour there with no traffic and she'll get out just right as rush hour starts so it will be 2 hours home. AND... I'll have my 6 year old with me - sitting in a car for over 3 hours, for what????

We have an airport closer (much closer), but she didn't want to use that one because her layover would be longer... so what's worse? a long layover or an excruciating car ride home that inconveniences even more people? Ugh.... dreading today about as bad as yesterday with making those blasted curtains.

ETA: rereading my post and yesterday's... I think I can tell I don't like my MIL very much and I'm not happy she's coming back home... it would have helped if her trip away was actually restful for me - but no - two hurricanes, two people with pneumonia, started a new part time job, schools started, etc.... I didn't feel I got a break (though those times were easier with her gone as she is a time drainer too and doesn't help).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-27-2011 at 07:44 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #62  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - I hope you slept well I still have to actually take two melatonin in order to sleep, but who knows, maybe someday my body will be all used to it and will make up the difference when I don't add it

nevaeh - I eat 2 boiled eggs almost every morning. Not only are they a wonderful way to fit in some protein in the morning, my nutritionist recommended them, but they are also low calorie I like to just get them out of shell and eat them (easier to do when you are grabbing something for the car)

AFM - I managed to kick the gym's behind last night! Did my strength training, did full body, plus ended with pilates (love the stretch from it)... so really feel proud of my efforts last night
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #63  

Morning everyone!
Had a good on plan day yesterday, was hungry but able to stick to my plan, just added in a few things along the way and reduced my dinner a little. I think I am gearing up for TOM within the next 5 days, so I should expect some stomach growling. Did my weight workout and ended up walking on my treadmill due to the rain.
Looking forward to my walk this morning and then I hit the weights again. I am a little sore, but not like I thought I would be.
I have a busy day today, I will check in a little later.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #64  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Hi there everyone!

My name is Dina. I just started my weight loss plan this week and it's going alright. I'm still getting used to how much food my body needs. (I ended up with 1200 calories yesterday and felt fine. But this morning I felt like poopy and super weak. ) It's already been a hassle to figure out dieting/exercise while I'm in college. Finding a place, time, and courage to work out in recreation center is impossible for me right now. But I bought some equipment for my dorm room and am trying.

Good luck to everyone this week!!

Last edited by Soft Speaker; 09-27-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #65  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Berry I hope traffic treats you well today as the rest of the ride will be stressful no matter what. I feel bad for you and your son, it's too long of a drive without some sort of reward for little ones. Glad the curtains are done and really sorry you didn't get a good vacation out of it.

ItsMyTurn glad you got in the exercise. If I don't do it early on I really struggle to get it out at all. Good job.

Jomatho hope you enjoy your walk with your friend. I wish I had a walking buddy. I don't know if I could keep pace, but at least the time would go by faster.

MzJ thanks for getting motivated last night. After I read your post, I just HAD to go out. I didn't feel better physically, but mentally I know I did something good for myself.

nevaeh it's the incredible edible egg. I agree with the others. The egg will keep you fuller longer than the oatmeal or it does for me, but oatmeal is good too. Maybe switch up days.

Larry hope you are doing well.

Diana good morning

Good morning to all.

It's going to be hot and muggy today, so no exertion here. My muscles don't like this humidity. DD is home with tummy trouble, looks like she's allergic to a new veggie (squash), that make 3 now. I feel bad for her. She's gonna need to start taking a vitamin. DS is icky too, but won't stay home and won't see a doctor until he can't barely walk. So I am in mommy mode taking care of my babies

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #66  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Weigh in ...... No CHANGE!!! I am getting discouraged. For the past few days, I have been using the Wii for 30 minutes to get some exercise right after I walk my fur babies.

I swear the mosquitoes were attacking me as I was walking! It was muggy. Early morning walking is the key.

Anyway....feeling discouraged. I was looking forward to moving my ticker along.

Great going on getting those blasted curtains done! I know you are happy to get those off your work list.

Last edited by WannaBeLoserAgain; 09-27-2011 at 08:53 AM.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #67  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ugh... someone got into my car last night. Sometimes I forget to lock it. (Stupid me). Last time it happened, they took my container with change. This time they took my Garmin Heart rate monitor - it will be useless to them without the charger and without the monitor belt, but ACK!!! There went $120! Grrr.. and it was my stupidity for not locking the door. Fortunately, they didn't look in the trunk where I had my three new pairs of shoes (which would have been a $160 loss). Now to decide if I 'need' to replace that heart rate monitor. I probably don't... at least not now. I don't think I'll ever forget to lock it again!

I'm not going to sweat the rest of today (Ok, I will work up a sweat cleaning, but I mean 'sweating the small stuff"). So... I was stupid and lost the heart rate monitor - it was acting funny and I only could use it on my old PC. My mother in law will be nice to start out with as she'll have missed us... I can put on a happy face for a few days. Good news is that everyone is now healthy, the big monkey of the curtains are DONE and now it's just doing the more 'fun' stuff I want to do around the house. So, things will get better!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-27-2011 at 09:04 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone!

I had a 4 day weekend and am now back to work. My parents' party was a success. The day started off with a very steep hike (1300' elevation gain in less than 2 miles) and even though it was a really humid day, I had an easier time with it than in years past. (Except really distant years past when I used to run up it like a mountain goat. Those days are gone.) Even though I worked pretty hard a lot of the time I was there, it was really nice to get away.

I'm trying to decide what it is I'm capable of fitness- and diet-wise these days. My plan was to just keep tracking no matter what, and I just. can't. do it. I feel silly coming here time after time saying that I didn't track again this weekend. But I don't want to give "here" up, or give up on the progress I've made. So I'm trying to figure out if there's some easier goal I can set for myself, to carry me over until I can get to the point where I can focus again.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #69  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

My post from MFP:

Dear TOM, It is ON!!! I am not backing down. I WILL stick to my plan and you WILL give up the water!! Down that same .4 today back to 188.4 again. I an ON PLAN and will continue to wait it out.

That is all.

zoodoo: Great job on working on your exercise. I think tracking it is a great idea to know how you're doing. Don't overdo it. Start slow and once you feel comfortable with that, you can move on. Great job!

melissa: I'm sorry someone got into your car! We know that I, for one, can surely sympathize! I never locked my car until this summer. Now, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't check it at night, just like the windows. LOL I learn most of my lessons the ultra-extreme hard way. I'm sorry you had a taste of that.

Wanna: Stay strong! Don't get frustrated....you ARE holding steady! I'm right with ya. Been here at this number all week. Stay on plan. Stay focused. The scale will give in. It has no choice.

Mamakat: Get lots to drink today! I wish we had your hot and muggy all the time. It makes me tired and grumpy but I'd rather that than any form of being cold.

Soft Speaker: Welcome to the greatest support thread EVER!!!!! You will LOOOOVE it here!! Great job starting off on your new healthy way of life! Great job putting your health first! A great way to figure out how many calories you should be eating is to look up your BMR (basal metabolic rate). That is how many calories your body burns in a day just by existing. If you want to lose weight, you eat a little less than that number. As far as exercise, there are all kinds of exercises you can do at home. There are many of us here that work out at home. My dear, you have come to the RIGHT PLACE!! Ask any and all questions you have, we all would love to help!

Jo: I don't know what it about you. I think of you almost evertime I get on my treadmill. Maybe it's your avatar. I think it's because our stats are so similar and we're at close points on our journeys. I love it when you post. I loved your other post about the changes you have made. I actually printed that out and kept it. It's going in the Fitness Bible that I am creating while on my own journey. It's going to be the book of info that I refer to when I have my own clients. Anyway, I appreciate you.

I'm feeling very connected to my 3FC family today. Bob Harper put a quote on FB last night that got me reflecting and I think it carried into today. "Never forget where you came from."

I'm reflecting on that today and I am thinking of people we don't see here much anymore and hoping/wondering if they are ok (mamap, leahnoel, cutiecourt). Sending happy thoughts their way today. :
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello and I hope you all have a great day!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #71  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Stopping by to say HI!
Going to bed, b/c frankly I'm exhausted!
Too much partying for me last nite & the nite before.

LARRY!!!! Where are u??
I'm WORRIED!!!!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #72  
Lets do THIS!

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 5'8"

Smile Hi!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, came across the site while "web surfing" thought this maybe just the extra kick I need!
I've been dealing with weight loss for about 12 years now, have been a yoyo after the birth of my son.

Can anyone tell me how to get the tracker for the bottom of my postings? Love those!!

Thanks everyone!
Jen1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Thanks to everyone who gave me some feedback on eggs I love my eggs :X And I have a little plastic thingy that makes them in the microwave, so it's a really easy, clean and healthy* option for me

ItsMyTurn: Thank you for the myfitnesspal app recommendation! I installed it and have started using it, but just like everyone else I'm often not sure how many calories my food has, I make an estimate most of the time.

Jen1982: I'm also new, we can't get the tickers or any signature until we have a 20 posts and 20 days registration, you can find this info right at the top of the forum, in the Announcements, the thread is called: 'the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!'

Althought I can't post it here, I've already made my ticker Keeps my eye on the prize and it's cute, LOL. You can find the links to the tickers on the thread I mentioned.

Now I'm off to do another 30DS session before bed, I hope my neighbours downstairs don't mind me shaking the building with my jumping jacks...

Good luck everyone
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #74  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Neveah: I'm on MFP too! A bunch of us are. Add me as your friend. I MFP!!!!

Jen: Welcome aboard! This is a great place for support!!!

K9: Hope you get some rest!

Linds: Hey girl!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Neveah: I'm on MFP too! A bunch of us are. Add me as your friend. I MFP!!!!

Jen: Welcome aboard! This is a great place for support!!!

K9: Hope you get some rest!

Linds: Hey girl!
Hey Vixsin, I didn't know you were on mfp!!!!!!!!!! Add me girlie, my username is jomatho on there too. Anyone can add me, I love seeing other peoples status and accomplishments, keeps me going!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote