Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/135

Height: 5ft 3in

Exclamation please, someone, help me save myself

I've hit this point where I know I'm not getting anywhere but fatter and more unhappy. What do I have to be unhappy about? For one, a marriage that I am letting fail because I llow my weight to dictate my whole life or lack there of. My husband is bored. We don't go anywhere or do anything because I'm fat. Unfortunately I cannot look to him for help. He hinders more than helps. He's too negative. Now we hve a daughter and I notice more and more everyday that my butt just sits in the recliner while I allow her to play. That's not cool. I have seriously let my weight and addiction to food ruin my life. I need help. I need accountability. I need inspiration. I need a friend. I need someone to help me in this very difficult journey. I'm 5'3", 240lbs, and 27 years old... and I feel 50. Please, I'm just looking for someone to talk to...
msnatalieann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #2  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

the willingness to do something about it is a major step. so many people don't even try because they don't see any reason to. so knowing you need to make a change and being willing to make that change are very good things.

have you considered which type of plan you want to use? ruled out any in particular? weight watchers? south beach? simple calorie counting?

is there any particular physical activity you like doing? can you take your daughter for walks? go to a gym? have a wii fit?

there's a lot to consider, and lots here to read for info! snoop around. and i always find the 'goal' threads to be very motivating. if all those people can lose a bunch of weight, then certainly i can do it too! and if *i* can do it, then i'm sure you can!

welcome to 3fc!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I think there are a lot of elements going on right now (marriage, self-image, depression, etc) that other people are more inspirational and better equipped than me to handle, but I was on when you posted this so I wanted to say hi and give you a

There are SO MANY people here who were where you are- weight-wise, height-wise, emotion-wise. And they did it! They got to where they wanted to be and found the "them" that they wanted to become. Check out the "goal" section of this website- they did it, you can too.

3FC has so much support and wisdom, and you absolutely deserve every bit of it.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 AM   #4  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Making this post and joining this forum is your step towards a better you!! Congratulations on making the first step!!!

Have a peek at the Goals section, I'm sure it will inspire you just as much as it did for me. Rock on
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

If you need someone to talk to then you have come to the right place everyone here is supportive, offer advice and comfort. It's time to get up and make a change for yourself and even your daughter. Live!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC

You haven't just found someone to talk to... you've found a lot of someones to talk to.

You aren't alone in this. We've all been at a point in our lives when we made the decision that "enough was enough". The good news is that 3FC is a very supportive place where we can turn to get encouragement or a nudge in the right direction.

We're all going through the ups and downs of weight loss. Together.

Post. Participate where you're comfortable. I hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Your post is wonderful! Because it sounds like you have come to the point where you are ready to change!

One option would be to keep a journal of what you eat every day--and if possible, what you are feeling when you reach for food. This isn't to change it, it's just to see what it is. It doesn't have to be in a fancy book, although it could be. But just a loose leaf binder or paper pad is just fine--you could even do it on the computer as a document. You'll learn a lot from this! You may more easily see things you could change.

Another option would be to start easy with some activity--something like going for a short walk during the day. You probably have a stroller for your daughter, so you can take her along. If she is old enough to walk, maybe she could walk for short distances holding your hand. That way you will both get some exercise. If you have some friends, you could ask them to come along. If not, you can do this on your own. The mall is a good place, when the weather is bad.

You'll always find lots of ideas by posting on 3FC. Welcome!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! All of the above posts have given you good advice.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome. You have received some great advise above. I wish you all the luck in the world as you travel this road. I look forward to seeing your success.
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #10  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC. This forum is extremely supportive and I'm sure you can find some folks who can be that support that you need in order to start this journey.

Start off slow right now. Maybe start off exercising a few times a week before you even start watching what you eat. The exercise will help you feel happier and stronger, and you'll be more motivated to watch what you eat. You'll also feel a lot better about yourself even if you don't start losing weight right away

It doesn't have to be a lot. It can just be walking for 15 minutes 3x a week until you build up to something more.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Msnatalieann, Welcome, welcome!

This place has become my every day refuge. I hope you will come back and post often. It is a home of hope and inspiration with people of all ages and sizes. Many have lost an amazing amount of weight and makes me believe that anything is possible given determination and support.

Your first post is the most important one. I'm so glad you have gotten to that point. Now, you can focus on YOU. Come up with a plan and stick to it. For me, Low Carb works and doesn't leave me hungry...but, you have to pick one that will work for you. There are 3FC threads for so many ways of eating and you can find experts in any one.

My tip is to fill up a large glass of water and drink out of it as often as you can throughout the day. (I run to the bathroom alot but it fills me up.)

Hope to see you again soon, you can do this!!

Last edited by zogo; 09-22-2011 at 08:31 AM.
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #12  
tired of being tired

S/C/G: 160/151/110

Height: 5'1"

Now is the time Natalieann! I know how sick and pissed off at yourself you are.
But you are a hot smoking Goddess under neath all your weight. I know you are. start today. Replace that oreo cookie w/ an apple.
brush your teeth and hair. tell yourself that 8 p.m. is cut off time. no food after that.
these are the small steps i took to cast off the chains of food addiction. Join me in a quest to reclaim our selves.
arrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

I really encourage you to think of heavy people you know who go out and have a good time! I am constantly amazed when I really look around and stop being so critical of myself! There are SOOO many women out there bigger than you and I who dress cute and put a smile on their face and enjoy life!! Do you want to let the depression win or do you want to win? Then get out and don't let that depression rule you anymore. YOU have control over this. YOU can do it!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Like so many things, getting started is the hardest part. Like getting into a cold swimming pool. Jump in there, and get going.
Once you're in, every day can bring a feeling of power and control. It's a pretty intoxicating feeling at the end of the day to know you made it. Maybe there won't be any visable improvement, but you know that you did good things for yourself. Good luck to you. Build up that strength day by day....hour by hour...minute by minute.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/240/135

Height: 5ft 3in

Red face thanks for all the responses!

Omg, all the responses have left me speechless. I feel stronger already. I have decided to start a juice fast. I'm very familiar with them from my church when I was a kid. I know I have put so much junk in my body (especially fast food) tht I owe it to myself to do some seriously cleansing. I'm very excited about it. I love veggies and fruit. I've been researching the different recipes and using nutriondata.com to look up the main qualities in different veggies. I have a small goal to run in the next firefighter fund 5k. I think its in march or may. I love to run and just really want to build up to higher runs. I just want to be a better me. I used to be fun, sweet, thin and kind of pretty. I need that again. I want s bad to feel sexy for my husband. I want him to be proud to show me off. I know I'm lucky because he's never been unkind about my weight. His family, now they have. To give you some background, we have been together for 9 years. We met when I was 18 and weighed 115lbs. In two years, my weight doubled. Yes, I have a thyroid problem, but seriously, that's a lot of gain! I actually HATED our wedding, I felt like a whale on display! But he hasn't ever said nything or treated me different. He says he doesn't care, just wants me to be happy. I know he cares. He is a man!! Anyways, he is a firefighter. He fit and muscley and works out every shift. I just can't believe I let it get this bad. I lost a ton of weight being pregnant... 40lbs to be exact. I was so much healthier. Ganed it all back from stress at work. Gained it in 6 months! OUCH! But I'm not working anymore. I used to joke at how pathedic it would be if I was home all day everyday and couldn't excersise... CHECK: pathedic! Its been 3 months! Thank you all for your reponses. I hope that with your help, I can do this!
msnatalieann is offline   Reply With Quote