Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 08:54 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Talking ~~~Jaded Ladies #1~~~

Hiya Jaded Ladies!

Here it is,our new thread with our new name! Here's a proper goodbye to the Featherweights:

Anyway, hope everybody finds their way here and that we get some new members. We are a small but caring bunch who encourage each other through the ups and downs of everyday life. Lurkers, jump right in and join us!

I personally have a LOT of weight to lose, and am psyched up to do just that! With a strong support system here and at home, I intend to Just Do It!.

Earlier today I found a recipe for Crustless Pumpkin Pie, which the whole thing has only 4 points. Anyone try this? Is it good?

Better run. Later Taters!
Old 01-28-2003, 09:09 PM   #2  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I *love* the new thread name! *grin*

Ruth, I think I found what you lost. This morning the scale read 124...the highest I have EVER been, and a value that out my BMI over 40, officially morbidly obese. (I'm 5'2")
Old 01-29-2003, 04:36 AM   #3  
Fit and Feisty

Welcome to our newly named thread!

Jana: I have not tried that recipe, but it sounds great!

Kat: I haven't weighed 124 since 1972 and would give anything to weigh it again!

Love,
carree
Old 01-29-2003, 08:54 AM   #4  
Fit and Feisty

Default Photo of carree

Here it is! Taken in November in Aruba.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:08 AM   #5  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Carree, you are gorgeous! Thabks fir the reframing on the weight issue...every little bit of perspective helps.

Now if I could get my back to stop going into spasm.

Oh well, there is a new women only (not that I really care about that) gym in town and they offer a free week. I maytake advantage of it to get a workout set up and thengo do the same workout for free at the Norwich gym...after all, I pay close to 20G per year to attend the school, I might as well use some of the resources my tuition helps support.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:10 AM   #6  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Argh. The space bar on my keyboard has been gettingstuck lately, so sometimes instead of separate words I get one very long word. This weekend I 'll have to take the bar off and see whats under it causing theproblem.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:20 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hiya Ladies,

Kat - please tell me you mean 224... otherwise I don't understand the dilemma! Hope you get the space bar figured out. We had the same trouble once, and you wouldn't believe what all fell outta there! I think it is a good idea to do the gym thing. I wish I had the guts to go myself. But that would be just one more place that I would be the biggest one in the room, and I just can't handle that right now.

Carree - you are a very good looking woman! It is so nice to put a face to the name. Aruba? You got to go to Aruba??I can't even get to the state capitol! I'll be trying the pumpkin stuff soon and will let you know how it was.

Have you guys seen the movie 'Trapped' with Kevin Bacon? It is an on-the-edge-of-your-seat thriller, if you like that kind of movie.
The little girl in it - Dakota somebody - is a wonderful little actress.
Also for you Columbo buffs, he has a new episode being shown tomorrow night. About time!

My eating today could've been better.... but it sure could've been worse, too.

See you later!

Jana
Old 01-29-2003, 11:52 PM   #8  
The Rockinghorse Gal

*lol* 124 must havebeen a Frieudian slip--I would be below goal if I were there! Its a nice thought though. Yes, I did mean 224.

Letterman is a rerun, but its a hoot...he's got 24 guys in Santa suits and one dude in a Superman suit in one tiny little bar--does anyone even notice? Nope. Its NYC whereyoucould have 25 naked folks in a bar an no one would notice.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:46 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Kat - I haven't seen Letterman since I moved to the country 2 years ago. Cable doesn't come out this far, and satelite won't give me NBC or CBS. Somehow I was lucky enough to get ABC, though. Ol' Dave is from my homestate and I like him and especially his Top 10.

Carree and Ruth, hope you're having a good week.

I woke up at 5:10 this morning ready to eat anything that didn't move. I had an Eggo waffle (2 points) with 1 T. peanut butter on it (2.5 points) for a tasty little breakfast that will stay with me awhile.

What's your favorite breakfast?

Have a good day!
Jana
Old 02-01-2003, 05:59 AM   #10  
Fit and Feisty

Angry Ruth where are you?

Jana,

Some of my favorite breakfasts:

3 graham crackers, 1T peanut butter

1/3 or 1/4 cup cottage cheese on raison toast

1 1/2 cups Kashi, 1/2 cup 1% milk

WW Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin spread with 1T peanut butter

I have never cared for eggs, bacon, etc. for breakfast so I could not survive on the Atkins diet.

Love,
carree

P.S. Hey, everyone, it's a brand new month!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:32 PM   #11  

Morning ladies, I hope that you are having a good weekend.

I really like the name change! Jaded Ladies sounds like women with staying power!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I was busy the first part of this week with writing and practicing a speech for class. UGH!! Now only five more to go!! Anyone want to write the rest of them for me. Okay, I'm just kidding, I'll do it myself. I gave the speech Thrusday and then had to cram for Econ test on Friday. Studied a few hours the night before and an hour the morning of the test, made a B.

So today I'm trying to catch up on all my reading for school and get a little studying in before. Next time I'll make an A.

CARRIE, I agree with Jana, I really like the photo. How tall are you? Oh, how do you resize photos. I'd add one, but I don't know how to resize.

JANA, my favorite breakfast is IHOP!! I love omelettes.

KAT, let us know how the exericising goes. I did so-so on exercise two weeks ago, but didn't do anything this week.

Well, got one more thread to say hello to and then back to the books.

Ruth
Old 02-01-2003, 07:05 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Carree - thanks for the breakfast ideas. I like graham crackers with peanut butter on them, too. Can't remember seeing the WW chocolate chip muffins at the store... are they with the diet stuff or Hostess or where?

Ruth - I would sure help you with your speeches if I could since I like to write. Way To Go on the B in Econ. That's one class I couldn't appreciate back in high school and still don't like the subject, so I am doubly amazed at your success with it.

Well, I made the pumpkin custard recipe, and although it was pretty good for "diet" stuff, I figured my own regular pumpkin pie recipe (with no crust) on the recipe analyzer and it came out to 2 points per 1/6th of the whole thing, compared to 1 point for 1/4th of the whole WW one. I know the fam would like the regular best, but they have been real good in supporting me. The fat-free Cool-Whip is de-lish! I have to admit, I never had bought it before, chosing the Lite instead. I even dipped some celery sticks in the ff stuff last night.

Don't you just feel awful about the space shuttle crash? Things like that make me feel guilty for sweating my little problems. Lots of extra prayers will be said for their families to be able to cope.

Better run. Have a good Sunday!!
Jana
Old 02-02-2003, 05:48 AM   #13  
Fit and Feisty

Good Morning Everyone!

Ruth: I am 5' 3" and as for resizing the photo....I had to email it to myself in work where I have Microsoft Photo Editor. Then all you need do is to "crop" it until it is small enough so that it will be accepted when you try to post it here.

Jana: The WW muffins are in Stop & Shop here in CT in the frozen section near the Boca Burgers and Bagels. WW also makes a Blueberry muffin, but it's just okay....the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins are really good, so moist you have to eat them with a fork.

How I got to Aruba.....a woman I work with goes there every year for the last 12 and raves about how nice it is. She also got me a great travel package. I decided that after all my DH has been through being unemployed for so long and for so many times he (and we!) deserved this treat. So with the income tax return that we received last year, I decided to book it. I am no longer postponing my life "until I lose weight." Life is too precious to postpone.

Love,
carree
Old 02-02-2003, 07:19 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hiya Ladies,

Carree - I think it's great that you and your DH got to go to Aruba. We are saving money to take the whole fam to Disney World again. Son-in-law and twins haven't seen it at all. We will wait til the twins are almost 4 before we go again. In the meantime, I am hoping DH and I can get away for a weekend here and there. Thanks for the info on the muffins.

I am down 1 3/4 pounds again this week for a total of 9 pounds. I am real close to reaching my first goal of 10 pounds!

We had a good weekend. DD and her family were here for almost the whole day, and with the temps in the low 60's, we had some fun outside.

How was your weekend? Lurkers, jump in and join us!

Jana

Last edited by Jana; 02-02-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:58 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Default BUMP!!

Com'on Ladies, where is everyone???

I had a yummy new treat today. Took 1/2 cup of salsa and added 2 T ff ranch dressing to it, for a veggie dip. Probably I'm the last person to know about this, but if there is anybody out there in cyberspace who hasn't tried this, give it a go. It's only 1 point since the salsa is a freebie on WW.

Be good!
Jana
Closed Thread