3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   NSV Bust-Public Bathroom Doors (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242918-nsv-bust-public-bathroom-doors.html)

guamvixen 09-13-2011 04:04 PM

TOO FUNNY! Thanks ladies! This was a great laugh, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences this, nor is Texas the only state with this issue!

I agree with mamakat, men had to have designed these things!

my2cats 09-14-2011 03:12 AM

I agree the stalls are too small, but I think it makes sense for the doors to open inward (they just need more space in the stalls!).

I'm thinking to various times in public restrooms when the lock comes undone and the door starts to swiiiiing in.. thank god it was swinging in not out, so I just had to push it closed. :P

Also given many women's bathrooms are a double-sided gauntlet of stalls, I could see it being pretty hazardous walking down a row, only to get clocked in the face with a door by someone coming out in a hurry. :lol:

NiteOwlMommy 09-14-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 4030069)
Nothing like trying to cram yourself AND 2 kids in a stall. "Alex go in and stand next to the toilet NO DONT TOUCH IT JUST STAND THERE, Samantha go in and stand on the other side, in. IN. IN!!!!!!!!! Yes I KNOW you have to go but just get out of my way for a freaking minute. GET FARTHER IN THE STALL SO I CAN GET IN AND LEAN OVER THE TOILET SO I CAN SHUT THE DOOR.

Small stalls with small children = huge disaster LOL I also have a little girl name Samantha and taking her to public restrooms is a pain unless there are family restrooms which normally are HUGE!! once I actually went to one that had a small toilet and small sink just the right size for my 2 year old! It was an awesome find I must say! But I agree small stalls with those awful inward opening doors suck!

XLMuffnTop 09-14-2011 02:37 PM

I heard all the bathroom drama when a whole floor of a building was being renovated for our department to move into. Lemme tell you, it's amazing they get built at all! They mismeasured the area by THREE FEET and didnt notice until they were framing. So they were just going to remove a stall. That would have left two for a crap load of women.

Everyone revolted and yelled and stamped their feet so they had to take room from another office to add a third stall. None are the same size. One was ridiculously narrow and the toilet was off center in the stall. The side that was closer to the wall, they put the toilet dispenser on so you ALWAYS bumped your elbow on it and had to contort yourself to grab a few squares to toilet paper before wrenching your back.

After all this effort, they had to tear down the stall doors and move them all over closer to the (one) sink because it wasn't ADA compliant!! :lol:

Really?!? And yes, all the stall doors (except the handicap one) open inward.

HadEnough 09-14-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop (Post 4032579)
a crap load of women.

ROFLMAO! No pun intended I am sure!!!!! :rofl:

Bethedee 09-14-2011 05:18 PM

This thread basically just made my day. You're right, the construction is super annoying; I just never noticed it before! Usually I just skip off to the handicaps, subconsciously understanding the pains of inward opening doors!

XLMuffnTop 09-14-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HadEnough (Post 4032674)
ROFLMAO! No pun intended I am sure!!!!! :rofl:

:D Puns are my specialty.

Tomato 09-14-2011 08:55 PM

It's not just you. I find that in most public places the toilet stalls are just ridiculous. (BTW, I prefer the handicap stalls for the same reason). I have never really been that big but I always found it hard to squeeze past the door (open inward) without wiping one wall with my back. Ugh. And the worst thing is that often the area in front of the stalls is big enough for ballroom dancing.
I don't know who designs these.

XLMuffnTop 09-15-2011 01:39 PM

Heh! Some very not smart people! It's bad enough not having room in the stall but the reno of the men's bathroom here went just as bad!

They installed the door to the men's restroom to swing in a way that would allow everyone to see anyone standing at the urinals when open. :rofl: Yet another thing that had to be corrected. They really need input from "regular" folks. ;)

Mimzzy 09-15-2011 02:12 PM

I agree! I have large breasts for someone of my size, my mother actually calls me a freak of nature due to having a waist size of 32 and a cup size of J. I have a problem with the girls getting in the way of the door! Sometimes I actually need to squish them down a little in order to get out of the damn bathroom! l was always embarrassed to admit this, but thanks to everyone I now realize its not just me :D

Mickeypnd 09-15-2011 02:43 PM

I hate public restrooms! not only because they're public restrooms, but because of the stalls. The only ones i found i can use without problems is the ones at walmart. lol.

i think we should start a boycott on public restroom stall doors...

SoHereitGoes 09-15-2011 07:37 PM

I wonder if it differs from place to place because I've seen this issue on these boards a lot.. but have never experienced it myself. Even at my highest weight :?:

Regera Dowdy 09-15-2011 11:13 PM

SoHereitGoes, I was wondering that too. I haven't seen a thread like this before, so it's news to me. I never realized all the doors open inward until you all mentioned it, but it's rarely a problem for me unless the stall is very narrow. I'm glad if the lock works and there's soap and tissue.

Now I wonder if they build massive stalls in my neck of the woods. If I were venture elsewhere, maybe I'll put up an epic struggle to exit the stall...and end up falling into a toilet. :o

April Snow 09-15-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypie (Post 4031135)
I always notice after a drink or two that the toilet is always off center too lol

ha!!

loving this entire thread, because it is so true. and why is there always that one stall that is barely wider than the toilet itself? you'd have to be a munchkin to fit in there!

Sunshine73 10-04-2011 11:10 PM

This might be one of the most awesomely weird threads I've ever read here! But it's SO true - I don't know who decided that the stalls had to be SO itty bitty that even a skinny gal has to practically flush herself to the Ministry of Magic just to open the door. Bleh!