Fell off the wagon!!

• Actually, I fell off the wagon, the wagon drug me down the road and ran over me!! I had total family drama and I let that get me totally off track. I started back on my low carb diet this morning. Fingers crossed that I can stay on track this time. I hate that I allowed myself to get so behind. Here's to another try.
  • Good luck! It happens to the best of us.
  • This has happened to me recently, as well. I'm still easing myself back into the low-carbness... I'm hoping that my new 'lifestyle' will take better hold this time (I think it's hard to just up and change the way you eat like a switch of a button)... good luck to both of us!
  • I was off track for all of July and August! The important thing is that we're able to hop back on the wagon.
  • It happens~ Just get back on- Pauses in program happen.
  • Yep, it happens to nearly everyone. And you aren't "behind" because it isn't a race and there is no deadline. It's just part of the process - if you can get yourself back on track, that alone is a huge victory. You can do it!
  • I'm probably the worst person to say this because I struggle daily with this on and off the wagon thing, but I'm trying to look at it a new way.

I'm trying to think of our journey as a railroad track. Many days it's a straight line that requires a few shovefuls of coal to keep chugging along. But, there are those days when we run into a sharp turn or a hill. If we aren't shoveling in as much coal because we're tired or distracted by a problem on the other end of the train, we may slow down at those curves and hills, but it's extremely rare that we completely stop or jump off the track. If we do jump the track, then it's true, we need to make repairs before we can start our journey again. But, even then, we don't go back and start our journey over; we just get back on the track where we jumped off and continue on our way. We may reach our destination behind schedule, but we'll still get there.

So, don't lose hope...there's bound to be some straight track up ahead! Take care!
  • It happens to everyone. Just remember that it ALWAYS could have been worse, or longer off track, etc- be proud that you've started over now. You've got this!
  • Just dust yourself off and start anew. It happens to everyone!
  • Don't beat yourself up...pat yourself on the back for wanting to restart!!!
  • Falling off is natural. Getting back on each time you fall off is extraordinary! It's the key to success and you can do it!