Just surreal

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I saw my family this weekend for a bbq... My stepmother pulls me aside, and says that she has something she wanted to show me. It was an old picture of me with my siblings-taken approx 5 years ago when I was at my heaviest weight. It was unreal. I actually almost forget sometimes how heavy I was. It was a great wake-up call that I've come pretty far. It's taken a while, but I look like a completely different person.

Having said that...the picture also had another interesting effect. It makes me want to push even harder (if that's possible). It didn't give me a reason to rest on my laurels, if you will. I thought it would, but nope, I am even more determined to see this journey to the end. I WILL hit 105lbs, and do a full-body recomp. And the best part...I don't care how long it takes. There is no time-limit. It took a long time to get here, and it gets harder the closer I get. I accept that.

My goal for 2012 is to join an MMA gym. I want to train like a boxer. A fighter. I want to attain a level of hardness and leanness that I've only ever dreamed about.

Anyhoo, I'm attaching some pics. I would NEVER normally share this, but I think I have to...just this once My before and some current pics (about a 40lb difference).

Thanks for listening...

• Wow! You look AMAZING! Congratulations on your loss! And you have a great attitude about the journey ahead of you. Way to go!
  • You've accomplished a lot! What a difference! Keep on keeping on!
  • You look gorgeous!!!
  • You look amazing! With such a focussed attitude, you will achieve your goal.
  • You look absolutely amazing!!
  • Thank you so much ladies... I'm so touched!

And I apologize, as I never realized that there is a sub-forum for mini-goal pics...I should have posted there instead! Lol, this is the forum that I'm always reading though, so I guess force of habit

** As a side-note...in case someone may be reading this or lurking, I have a personal message: If you REALLY want to change, it is possible. If you won't accept failure as an option, you CANNOT FAIL. I promise you that. I never accepted that I would not lose weight. There was no other option for me. Motivation doesn't last for very long. You have to have the wish, the dream, of changing your physical self completely. Hold it close to your heart, and never let it go. That will get you through when the motivation is long gone.
  • that is an amazing transformation, congrats!!!
  • Congratulations on your fantastic success! You look great! I love the fact that your new resolution is boxing... best of luck!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!
  • You look fantastic!! Congrats!!
  • You look amazing...so beautiful!
  • Quote:
    ** As a side-note...in case someone may be reading this or lurking, I have a personal message: If you REALLY want to change, it is possible. If you won't accept failure as an option, you CANNOT FAIL. I promise you that. I never accepted that I would not lose weight. There was no other option for me. Motivation doesn't last for very long. You have to have the wish, the dream, of changing your physical self completely. Hold it close to your heart, and never let it go. That will get you through when the motivation is long gone.
    I needed to hear this. Along with the added pounds, I lost my former determination. Thank you for the words of encouragement. Congrats on your weight loss. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!
  • You look great! Good luck with your goals...that hardcore training sounds awesome!!
  • You look great. Seriously. Anyone that looks fit wearing UnderArmor has my respect because UnderArmor hides no flaws! Congrats!