3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Just surreal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242484-just-surreal.html)

SunnyJee 09-05-2011 11:05 PM

Just surreal

4 Attachment(s)
I saw my family this weekend for a bbq... My stepmother pulls me aside, and says that she has something she wanted to show me. It was an old picture of me with my siblings-taken approx 5 years ago when I was at my heaviest weight. It was unreal. I actually almost forget sometimes how heavy I was. It was a great wake-up call that I've come pretty far. It's taken a while, but I look like a completely different person.

Having said that...the picture also had another interesting effect. It makes me want to push even harder (if that's possible). It didn't give me a reason to rest on my laurels, if you will. I thought it would, but nope, I am even more determined to see this journey to the end. I WILL hit 105lbs, and do a full-body recomp. And the best part...I don't care how long it takes. There is no time-limit. It took a long time to get here, and it gets harder the closer I get. I accept that.

My goal for 2012 is to join an MMA gym. I want to train like a boxer. A fighter. I want to attain a level of hardness and leanness that I've only ever dreamed about.

Anyhoo, I'm attaching some pics. I would NEVER normally share this, but I think I have to...just this once :) My before and some current pics (about a 40lb difference).

Thanks for listening...

KatieC87 09-05-2011 11:18 PM

Wow! You look AMAZING! Congratulations on your loss! And you have a great attitude about the journey ahead of you. Way to go!

theox 09-05-2011 11:27 PM

You've accomplished a lot! :carrot: What a difference! Keep on keeping on!

melodymist 09-06-2011 01:54 AM

You look gorgeous!!!

georgeshair 09-06-2011 02:51 AM

You look amazing! With such a focussed attitude, you will achieve your goal.

Meeel4121 09-06-2011 04:11 AM

You look absolutely amazing!!

SunnyJee 09-06-2011 05:02 AM

Thank you so much ladies... I'm so touched!

And I apologize, as I never realized that there is a sub-forum for mini-goal pics...I should have posted there instead! Lol, this is the forum that I'm always reading though, so I guess force of habit :)

** As a side-note...in case someone may be reading this or lurking, I have a personal message: If you REALLY want to change, it is possible. If you won't accept failure as an option, you CANNOT FAIL. I promise you that. I never accepted that I would not lose weight. There was no other option for me. Motivation doesn't last for very long. You have to have the wish, the dream, of changing your physical self completely. Hold it close to your heart, and never let it go. That will get you through when the motivation is long gone.

April Snow 09-06-2011 07:10 AM

that is an amazing transformation, congrats!!!

yoyoma 09-06-2011 07:40 AM

Congratulations on your fantastic success! You look great! I love the fact that your new resolution is boxing... best of luck!

NCchickie 09-06-2011 07:49 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

PghGal 09-06-2011 08:01 AM

You look fantastic!! Congrats!! :D

sunlover 09-06-2011 08:30 AM

You look amazing...so beautiful!

Pinkbee78 09-06-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyJee (Post 4021821)

** As a side-note...in case someone may be reading this or lurking, I have a personal message: If you REALLY want to change, it is possible. If you won't accept failure as an option, you CANNOT FAIL. I promise you that. I never accepted that I would not lose weight. There was no other option for me. Motivation doesn't last for very long. You have to have the wish, the dream, of changing your physical self completely. Hold it close to your heart, and never let it go. That will get you through when the motivation is long gone.

I needed to hear this. Along with the added pounds, I lost my former determination. Thank you for the words of encouragement. Congrats on your weight loss. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!! :)

Emme 09-06-2011 01:36 PM

You look great! Good luck with your goals...that hardcore training sounds awesome!!

EagleRiverDee 09-06-2011 03:11 PM

You look great. Seriously. Anyone that looks fit wearing UnderArmor has my respect because UnderArmor hides no flaws! Congrats! :)