What's your inspiration?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Yesterday I learned that my mother in law is planning a sibling beach trip next summer...which means I'll be one of three daughter in laws there. That was like an immediate kick in the pants...I DO NOT WANT TO BE THE OVERWEIGHT DAUGHTER IN LAW ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD. Done. I am so freaking tired of fat family pictures and feeling insecure at the beach in a normal bathing suit and not being able to get up and go when I want to. I'm tired of hiding...tired of being tired...and I refuse to suffer humiliation of my own doing anymore!

It's funny how inspiration hits us. Do you have any motivating pictures or blogs? Magazines or quotes? What keeps you focused?
  • I really like skinnyemmie.com and I also like to watch "X-weighted" and "The last 10 pounds boot camp" - They are both Canadian shows and you can watch them on slice.ca
  • I stay focused by a lot of things, I want to wear those sexy clothes, I want to be comfortable in my own skin, I want to feel sexy etc. What inspired me to start this was actually my boss. We were talking one day and I said serving about being fat and she said that she was offended because we must be close to the same size. I almost died inside. My boss is not that big but definitely bigger then I wanted to be. Although she was probably right, we were pretty close to the same size and I needed that wake up to realize it. I went home and started my plan to make sure I would never be that size again.

Her words were my wake up call, it hurt to hear them at first but now it keeps me going even on those lazy days
  • I've always loved swimming and going to the beach. I've always had to cover up and make sure I was covered from certain angles and never have really felt confident and comfortable in bathing suits. I would love to one day be able to wear a swim suit and walk down the beach without a care in the world.
  • Cute outfits...

And cosplaying at conventions! Yes, I'm a nerd!
  • Eh, what the heck. I'll share one of my favorite forms of inspiration. I found this site where you can put your face on a famous person's body. I've always admired Adrianna Lima and the picture I used of my face fit really well.

I know I'll never actually look like this because I have a completely different body type, but it's definitely motivating to look at. It's my desktop picture so I see it multiple times a day. If anyone wants to make their own the site is on the bottom of the picture. =)

• I don't want the fat on my thighs to touch and jiggle when I walk anymore.. Also.. Bar Rafaelis body. I wish someday my body could be as athletic and beautiful as hers.
    And pretty clothes. Maybe I'll even learn to walk in high heels
  • Quote: I really like skinnyemmie.com
    She's super cute and inspiring. Thanks for the tip!
  • Quote: I would love to one day be able to wear a swim suit and walk down the beach without a care in the world.
    I remember those days...hence my current motivation. I know it's going to take every month, every day from here on out to get to that goal for next summer...at least in part. I just want to be free again, know what I mean? To feel at home with myself.
  • Quote:
    And cosplaying at conventions!
    No shame in nerdery, friend. I'd love to do that one day, too.
  • I totally hear you, OP! My ILs are all skinny-minis and it's definitely motivating! We'll be going to see them at the beginning of October and it's definitely a kick in the pants after a couple of months of slacking. I haven't seen them in over 3 years and I was probably 30+ lbs heavier then. I'm excited to go and actually feel comfortable in my skin.
  • Quote: Eh, what the heck. I'll share one of my favorite forms of inspiration. I found this site where you can put your face on a famous person's body. I've always admired Adrianna Lima and the picture I used of my face fit really well.
    That's so crazy....but you have a stunning face anyway, so it works well!
    I think I'll give it a try later on tonight. Fun!
  • Quote: I haven't seen them in over 3 years and I was probably 30+ lbs heavier then. I'm excited to go and actually feel comfortable in my skin.
    It looks like you're nearly at goal, so, it's going to be a great visit for you I'm sure! How exciting!
  • Quote: What inspired me to start this was actually my boss.
    Had a similar situation happen with a family member and wow...not fun. The worst feeling is to look at a picture of you and said family member and realize that you are, in fact, the same size. HORROR.
  • Quote: Maybe I'll even learn to walk in high heels
    I have these gorgeous heels I wore to the company Christmas party last year and I was shocked at how sore my feet were. Granted, I don't wear heels often, but I remembered a time when I did and I never struggled with soreness. What gives, right? Um. Weight gain. ANOTHER INCENTIVE TO LOSE!!!