What Is Your Biggest Weight Loss Fear

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Mine is that I will forever have to shop at plus sized stores. I can't wait till I get smaller so I can shop anywhere
  • My biggest fear is getting to goal and gaining it back. I've done it several times in the past, and want to do everything possible to prevent that from happening when I reach goal this time. I'm tired of this yo-yo weight rollercoaster.
  • Yup, my fear is gaining it back, too. After getting pregnant, I gained back about 30 lbs. of my previous 70 lb. loss. The 30 lbs. is what I hung on to after the initial weight dropped off by itself. I gained WAY too much while pregnant. I'm happy that I kept off 30 lbs. or so, but my eating was out of control. I'm so afraid that will happen again, pregnancy or not. I think it's good to have a healthy fear of that, though-- maybe it will keep me on my toes more.
  • My fear is that it will be a struggle my entire life. I really want to lose the weight AND find an eating and exercise lifestyle that I not only can live with but enjoy. I really don't want to be 85 years old in a nursing home, and still worrying about what I eat!
  • My fear, like everyone else, is gaining it back. I know it can be done, and I know I do it well. I'm going to make one big change.... stop fearing the scale. Use it. That was mistake #1 last time around. I hope I can maintain diet and exercise and find the motivation to get back with the program if I do end up gaining, before it's 80 pounds again.
  • saggy skin
  • My biggest fear is this being a huge struggle for the rest of my life. And not winning. Never getting back to my previous weight. Always being fat
  • Every single day, I'm afraid to gain it back. Unfortunately, I think I need to be this afraid if I want to keep it off. I've lost and gained the same 70 lbs. way too many times and I'm not naive enough to thing that this will ever be a breeze.
  • I'm afraid that if I don't start dealing with my weight I am going to spend the rest of my life alone, and I'm sick of being lonley.
  • Hands down: Gaining it back. Again.
  • Without a doubt gaining it back. Or even worse, that I can't actually lose it.
  • Agree! gaining in back. But another fear is that I still won't be confident about my body when I lose weight.
  • I also agree with cherrypie and will say Saggy skin, I have serious bingo wings on my arms at the moment. My mum tried to convince me that, I still have loads of weight to lose, that I'm young and will snap back very easily and not to worry, that the saggy skin would go away, I found it very hard to believe.
  • I also fear gaining it back. But I'm having success with keeping my fluctuations within reason. I can live with that.
  • Quote: My biggest fear is getting to goal and gaining it back. I've done it several times in the past, and want to do everything possilbe to prevent that from happening when I reach goal this time. I'm tired of this yo-yo weight rollercoaster.
    ^^THIS^^

I, too, am very tired of the "yo-yo coaster". I just want to lose the weight, do the maintaining thing, and be happy for cry'n out loud. Is that too much to ask, oh great universe????