3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What Is Your Biggest Weight Loss Fear (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242218-what-your-biggest-weight-loss-fear.html)

sexychick 09-01-2011 11:16 PM

What Is Your Biggest Weight Loss Fear

Mine is that I will forever have to shop at plus sized stores. I can't wait till I get smaller so I can shop anywhere :D

sandcar150 09-01-2011 11:22 PM

My biggest fear is getting to goal and gaining it back. I've done it several times in the past, and want to do everything possible to prevent that from happening when I reach goal this time. I'm tired of this yo-yo weight rollercoaster.

tkdtara84 09-01-2011 11:30 PM

Yup, my fear is gaining it back, too. After getting pregnant, I gained back about 30 lbs. of my previous 70 lb. loss. The 30 lbs. is what I hung on to after the initial weight dropped off by itself. I gained WAY too much while pregnant. I'm happy that I kept off 30 lbs. or so, but my eating was out of control. I'm so afraid that will happen again, pregnancy or not. I think it's good to have a healthy fear of that, though-- maybe it will keep me on my toes more.

11stone 09-01-2011 11:32 PM

My fear is that it will be a struggle my entire life. I really want to lose the weight AND find an eating and exercise lifestyle that I not only can live with but enjoy. I really don't want to be 85 years old in a nursing home, and still worrying about what I eat!

twinieten 09-01-2011 11:55 PM

My fear, like everyone else, is gaining it back. I know it can be done, and I know I do it well. I'm going to make one big change.... stop fearing the scale. Use it. That was mistake #1 last time around. I hope I can maintain diet and exercise and find the motivation to get back with the program if I do end up gaining, before it's 80 pounds again.

cherrypie 09-02-2011 12:02 AM

saggy skin

RJ 1980 09-02-2011 12:05 AM

My biggest fear is this being a huge struggle for the rest of my life. And not winning. Never getting back to my previous weight. Always being fat :(

luckymommy 09-02-2011 12:08 AM

Every single day, I'm afraid to gain it back. Unfortunately, I think I need to be this afraid if I want to keep it off. I've lost and gained the same 70 lbs. way too many times and I'm not naive enough to thing that this will ever be a breeze.

Alwaysbeenbig 09-02-2011 03:23 AM

I'm afraid that if I don't start dealing with my weight I am going to spend the rest of my life alone, and I'm sick of being lonley.

Lovely 09-02-2011 05:12 AM

Hands down: Gaining it back. Again.

Meeel4121 09-02-2011 05:58 AM

Without a doubt gaining it back. Or even worse, that I can't actually lose it.

IsobelRose22 09-02-2011 06:17 AM

Agree! gaining in back. But another fear is that I still won't be confident about my body when I lose weight.

IsobelRose22 09-02-2011 06:19 AM

I also agree with cherrypie and will say Saggy skin, I have serious bingo wings on my arms at the moment. My mum tried to convince me that, I still have loads of weight to lose, that I'm young and will snap back very easily and not to worry, that the saggy skin would go away, I found it very hard to believe.

yoyoma 09-02-2011 06:48 AM

I also fear gaining it back. But I'm having success with keeping my fluctuations within reason. I can live with that.

Beach Patrol 09-02-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandcar150 (Post 4017000)
My biggest fear is getting to goal and gaining it back. I've done it several times in the past, and want to do everything possilbe to prevent that from happening when I reach goal this time. I'm tired of this yo-yo weight rollercoaster.

^^THIS^^

I, too, am very tired of the "yo-yo coaster". I just want to lose the weight, do the maintaining thing, and be happy for cry'n out loud. Is that too much to ask, oh great universe???? :dizzy: