Work has paid off.. 1.5 pounds closer to goal. WE CAN DO THIS :o)

• I started WW 4 weeks ago this week. I have 10 pounds to lose, to reach what they consider my ideal weight. It may change, but for now, the goal is 144 pounds.

So, I started, obviously, at 154. I lost 1lb the first week, then for 2 weeks it did not change. It didn't increase or decrease and I was beginning to lose all hope as staying the same, making no progress is so frustrating.

Zumba was recommended to me, and I googled "how to stay motivated to exercise" and on a list I saw, it had a really good idea which I have taken on board this week and it really paid off at weigh in tonight, as I have lost 1.5lbs!

Make a calendar for a short enough period of time to make you stick to it, but long enough to have an effect. I chose 6 weeks. I have a box for each day, on an A4 page, for the next 6 weeks (including the one just gone). Everyday that I do zumba, I give myself a star!

This may sound silly, but it's been the best motivation I've had in a long time. I love fun creative things. I feel disappointed if there's a day that I don't get to draw a big star for myself! That in itself, in some weird way, motivates me to exercise! I have told myself that I will do a minimum of 4 days a week of Zumba.

It's such a simple idea. It may not work for all, but it definitely worked for me this week. Exercise makes you want to eat healthier too and keeps you energised, so I found some days this week that I didn't even hit my daily points limit and when I did, it had been 3 healthy balanced meals.

This is so new for me, cause I had the worst diet ever. Just sporadic, thoughtless eating. But,40 minutes exercise a day and maintaining a healthy diet (which still includes yummy food!) is a new habit I'm trying to enforce, and so far so good.

I felt hopeless last week. Weak, fat, irritable and just sad.

I guess I just wanted to post this for people who are feeling demotivated today. Don't give up. It's just a day. It will pass!

introduce a new fun idea into your diet plan, such as the calendar, or whatever suits you, and just try it.

I did it, for just a week, after two weeks of frustration, and I'm 1.5lbs lighter and feeling ecstatic tonight, ready for another week of it!

If I can do it, you can. We can do this!

GO TEAM!

Good luck to every single one of you. Hang in there.
  • Thanks for the cheery post! Glad to hear your diet is going so well. We have similar goal weights, so you'll have to tell me how you feel when you get there!
  • Congratulations! Your hard work is sure to pay off By the way that is a great idea! I might have to borrow it and try it on myself.
    I have been having a slow month and was starting to lose hope but your post just re-motivated me, thank you!
    Keep up all your good work.
  • I hope it's going well for you!

The post is for me to read back on for my off days, and for other people feeling crappy to read it too!

As crappy as gaining/staying the same feels, it's all only temporary. If we eat right, and we exercise, something has to give - even if it takes longer than we'd like.

Tonight just felt great. I grinned the whole way home. It totally washes away the blues of the two weeks previous to this week!

It just gave me the encouragement and reassurance I needed. I'm so fickle, I start and stop things all the time. But I just really want to be slim for the first time in my life! And the desire to be that person is stronger than the desire to eat half a packet of cookies with a cup of tea! :P

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels. It's so so true.

We shall keep each other motivated! Welcome to my buddy list!

(still new here, so not sure what you do with a buddy list! but you're on it in any case! haha)