3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Craptastic (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242019-craptastic.html)

Beach Patrol 08-30-2011 04:09 PM

Craptastic

I have been doing very well. Lost 4.5 pounds this month!! (that's a lot for me).

And today, what did I do?

A "chocolate gift" (from Germany!!!!) was left on my desk. And I ate a tiny half of a piece this morning. Ignored it the rest of the day.

Until now. :censored: Ate.The.Whole.Damn.Thing. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wasn't hungry. But for pity sake!!!! :?:

Very tiny dinner for me tonight. :( :^:
Or maybe I shouldn't have any dinner at all. :shrug:

kelly315 08-30-2011 04:12 PM

You should count your calories for the day before you decide whether or not you should skip dinner. I'm always surprised at what these things actually end up costing me in terms of calories.

mzKiki 08-30-2011 04:14 PM

Yea I think skipping dinner might make you eat a bunch of crappy food later on. Have a healthy dinner and realize that you are entitled to a piece of chocolate now and then.

Beach Patrol 08-30-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 4013438)
You should count your calories for the day before you decide whether or not you should skip dinner. I'm always surprised at what these things actually end up costing me in terms of calories.

This choco-binge put me over caloric limit for the day. :(

Beach Patrol 08-30-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzKiki (Post 4013441)
Yea I think skipping dinner might make you eat a bunch of crappy food later on. Have a healthy dinner and realize that you are entitled to a piece of chocolate now and then.

A piece, yes. I have no problem with "a piece."

But FOUR pieces? Four HUGE pieces? (think of half a Hershey bar... times 4... so that's like, 2 Hershey bars.... only better ... german chocolate... OMG yummmmm!!!!)

Mimzzy 08-30-2011 04:18 PM

We all have those days, I wouldn't get to down on yourself for it. I wouldn't recommend you deprive yourself of food/dinner just eat a healthy dinner and continue on your plan tomorrow. I know how you feel, I have not done well this month either only losing like 5 - 6lbs tops and then a couple nights ago I ate a whole bag of popcorn AND added that white cheddar powder to it. A lot of it. I felt horrible about it but we are human, some days we are going to stray from the plan and eat something we probably shouldn't have.

Slipping up is okay!

MonicaM 08-30-2011 04:20 PM

Forget about it. We all do that regardless of our size; it is human nature. Eat a healthy low-cal dinner and go for a walk.

josey 08-30-2011 04:24 PM

I agree with Monica. Done is done.
Low cal but filling dinner and a good portion of exercise is the way to go.

Chantelle 08-30-2011 04:27 PM

Realize that real life happens :) We all slip up now and then, so don't let it derail you and just keep going! You can't spend the rest of your life skipping dinner after making a less-than-plan-perfect decision. Just remember, one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time. Don't beat yourself up over it :hug:

meg86 08-30-2011 04:32 PM

Eh, 2 Hersey bars never hurt anyone. It is when you throw in the towel that makes it suck.

Don't skip supper, you will feel more miserable.

hpnodat 08-30-2011 04:41 PM

Yes, I agree.. Don't skip supper. Just pick up where you left off and keep going. We're only human & we're designed to make mistakes, just learn from it and move on.

cherrypie 08-30-2011 04:42 PM

it's not the slip up that ruins us it's the way we react to it. Just eat what you were planning on eating tonight, go for a walk or something stay positive.

Amberkkski 08-30-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonicaM (Post 4013454)
Forget about it. We all do that regardless of our size; it is human nature. Eat a healthy low-cal dinner and go for a walk.

couldnt agree with this more. just put in some extra workout time :)

lin43 08-30-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach Patrol (Post 4013436)
I have been doing very well. Lost 4.5 pounds this month!! (that's a lot for me).

And today, what did I do?

A "chocolate gift" (from Germany!!!!) was left on my desk. And I ate a tiny half of a piece this morning. Ignored it the rest of the day.

Until now. :censored: Ate.The.Whole.Damn.Thing. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wasn't hungry. But for pity sake!!!! :?:

Very tiny dinner for me tonight. :( :^:
Or maybe I shouldn't have any dinner at all. :shrug:

Oh, we've all done it. Although I normally would never advocate skipping dinner, I must admit that I did just that the other day. I lost my electricity due to the hurricane, and I consoled myself by going to the one convenience store that was open and buying a pint of Ben & Jerry's Banana Buzz ice-cream. I ate 3/4 of the pint (which is about 900 calories). That was at 2:00, and it put me at 2300 calories for the day (my losing calories are 1400). I was so full that I skipped dinner, though (I start my "day's" calorie count w/ dinner, so skipping dinner put me way below my calorie count for the next day).

Congratulations on your success this month, and don't worry about this slip. It happens, and I'm sure that chocolate was delicious!

Mimi123 08-30-2011 05:40 PM

It's only one slip, you've done really well to lose the amount you have this month so forget about it! :)

Maybe just have a low cal dinner to balance it out.