Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 03:16 PM   #16  

Good afternoon gals!

Kelly just went home and I did my afternoon torture treatment (exercise). God bless her. I haven't seen her in a couple weeks and she told me today she thinks I look like I have lost 20-30 lbs!
My problem is that I don't have a scale that can weigh me. Most of them are outrageously expensive (over 150$), but I found one at Penney's online. I went to the store Sat and of course they don't carry it in the store so I am going to have to order it online.

We had a great lunch of veggie chili, cornbread made with skim milk, egg substitute and olive oil margarine, and the fudgy brownie pudding from the recipe in my last post.

Duckie if I lived close I would gladly sit (how old are your youngins?). I miss my grandson something awful. I only get to see him about once a month and they live here in town. I talk to him on the phone, but it is not the same, you know. I am in a bad situation because "his" parents take preference and they live across the street from them and I live across town. Oh well!

Gotta go. Hope everyone is staying OP!

PS The beginnings of my scrapbook look great (except for my starting weight picture ugh!)
Old 01-27-2003, 06:18 PM   #17  

Crap I signed in here to post before I remembered I need a darn recipe!!!

It is 36 here - a heat wave, so I went for a walk when I got home from work. Sorry to say it took me 20 min to walk a mile. I have to speed up!

How do you walk and drink all this water? It is a realy challenge for me!!!

Whew..found another one. All I have is the point value but most of you do WW anyway, right?

Pumpkin-Bran Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients:
Nonstick Cooking Spray
2 cups All-Bran or Fiber One cereal
1 cup skim milk
3/4 cup pumpkin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or you can use 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp cloves)
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Mix together and let rest for 5 minutes: cereal and milk. Add pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar. Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and add to pumpkin mixture. Spray 12 regular-sized muffin tins with nonstick spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
SERVING SIZE: 1 muffin

I have to get ready to go to High School!!! My nephew is up for some Snow King or something like that.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:29 PM   #18  

Ladybug you are a hoot! I doubt you will drawn and quartered if you don't bring one every single time! You have brought a couple good ones and I love pumpkin.

Well, ladies, I was just peeking in and had to give my 2 cents to lady!

Donna
Old 01-27-2003, 07:03 PM   #19  

Hey Girls,
I love coming here and reading all the posts. Really keeps me motivated. Sara, WOW 120 LBS . tHAT IS AWESOME GIRL!!! I will have to go read that journal of yours after this post and see what you had to say along the way.
Lets see a recipie???? Oh what can I pull out of my hat???

You know I love to make things up....so here is what we had tonight. Not really made up, just made light. I love fried seafood. So tonight......

1 lb of hake or haddok or whatever fish I guess
skim milk to dip in
A box of stuff called fry dip
Pam spray (I use olive oil kind)

Anyway, cut fish into serving sizes
dip in milk and then in fry dip then put in hot pan sprayed with the pam spray then spray the tops of the fillets with pam when time to flip over. Fish is done when flaky.

Im really not sure on the points but I called mine 5 for supper.
I served with baked potatoe, summer squash and a side salad.

Enjoy.....

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 01-28-2003, 12:24 AM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Well, Tina, I think the recipe thread is a great idea, but I have to tell you that I haven't posted until now because I didn't have time to look up a recipe to share. I still really haven't, but I suppose by the time I finish typing here I'll think of something. I think that that booklet I sent at Christmas time should make me exempt from having to participate, but hey, that's just me.

I had a busy Saturday. I was a 'showgirl' again and we actually got to see two, read this TWO movies! WooHoo! What a great time that was. Honey and I saw A Guy Thing. It was cute. Not a theatrical masterpiece, but cute. Then there was a sneak preview of How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. I had to work for that one too, but got to see it. Now this one girls, is F..U..N..N..Y!!! The whole thing, from start to finish was hillarious! Very entertaining. It stars Kate Hudson, who I didn't know BTW was Goldy Hawn's daughter, and Matthew (whatta hunk) McConaghey. Ummmm, YUM!!! Anyway, good movie, and this reviewer gives it 5 Stars!!!

I don't have time for replies to everyone (since I have to type a recipe ) but there are just a couple folks I have to recognize:

Sandy and Donna: I'm so happy to meet you both. I hope you will decide to stick around for awhile. I know you'll like it here. I've been on this thread since its beginning. I'm married, almost 27 years, and have two sons, 21 and 24, who are both in college. And you can ask Sara, they're pretty good looking.

Steph: 5 pounds!!! WOW! That's wonderful!!!

Duckie: 4 pounds is AWSOME!!! Good for you!!

I really don't mean to leave the rest of you out, I just don't have the time. But I do love you all!

I'm gonna make this recipe simple cuz it's late:

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Servings: 4

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 - 20 oz. can crushed pineapple

Brown chicken breasts on each side in a pan sprayed with Pam. Mix salsa and pineapple with juice together in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes until chicken is done.

The only thing you have to count on WW is the chicken. The salsa is 0, and there isn't enough pineapple per serving to matter.

Note: You can use this sauce and make pork chops and it's wonderful that way too.

Well, girls, I took the easy way out on the recipe, I'll try to do better next time. But this is the kind of recipe I like, simple, simple, simple.

Gotta hit the hay. I pulled my back on Saturday so I need to baby it a bit. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-28-2003 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:44 AM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello everyone. I was cleaning out my email and found these quotes below. I thought all of you might appreciate it as much as I do.

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situation. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

People will forget what you said...
People will forget what you did...
But people will never forget how you made them feel.

I hope you are sitting down because I am posting a recipe.
I wanted to post my quotes and was afraid not to post a recipe too. I am sure all of you have made this before... but it is a recipe so I am using it. I also substitute turnips for cauliflower too to make Mock Mashed potatoes. I am looking forward to Thinthinkers chicken.

Mock Potato Salad.......

1 bag frozen cauliflower ( used fresh)
4 hard boiled eggs diced
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 slices onion,chopped
1 T. dijon mustard
3-4 heaping T. mayonnaise
salt and pepper to tast and dill to taste....I guess the recipe means dill weed? I used it anyway.....
Cook cauliflower in Micro till soft..( I boiled mine which was fresh and I didnt boil till mushy) drain well.....Mix with other ingredients...Chill 2 hours...(which I didnt)
Old 01-28-2003, 02:40 AM   #22  

I don't have another recipe... but I did find something else I wanted to share here.

THE LIST of WISDOM

The most destructive habit................Worry
The greatest Joy..........................Giving
The greatest loss.........Loss of self-respect
The most satisfying work.....Helping others
The ugliest personality trait......Selfishness
The most endangered species.....Dedicated leaders
Our greatest natural resource.....Our youth
The greatest "shot in the arm"............Encouragement
The greatest problem to overcome........Fear
The most effective sleeping pill.........Peace of mind
The most crippling failure disease........Excuses
The most powerful force in life.............Love
The most dangerous pariah...............A Gossiper
The worlds most incredible computer......The brain
The worst thing to be without............ Hope
The deadliest weapon................The tongue
The two most power-filled words....."I Can"
The greatest asset............................Faith
The most worthless emotion..........Self-pity
The most beautiful attire...................SMILE!
The most prized possession.......... Integrity
The most powerful channel of communication....Prayer
The most contagious spirit....................Enthusiasm
Old 01-28-2003, 03:15 AM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!! I don't have a recipe as it is 3 am....
And WHAT is Michelle doing up at 3 am you say....Not MY choice thats for sure...I love my sleep...but my little guy has a cold and sore throat....he was up crying and crying. I sprayed some cepacol spray in his mouth to numb the sore throat and he bit my fingernail....and I mean he BIT it...latched right onto it...can you say OUCH!! He is laying on the couch now being quiet so he will hopefully fall asleep there for the rest of the night so I can go back to sleep....poor little guy! His dad is off tomorrow so he is taking him to the doctors at 10:30. I caught them just before they left last night to make the appointment. I hope he doesn't have an ear infection. He has only had one in his whole 29 months of life! That was not fun!

Ok ladies...have a great day today...

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-28-2003, 07:13 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone!

Michelle, your poor little sweety! I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Big congrats on all the losses.

Michelle's little boy's sore throat gave me a recipe idea. It isn't to eat, but boy if you get a sore throat, I guarantee you will be glad you have it. It is from the early 1900's from what I understand. A doctor used it on all his patients. It usually takes me about 3 doses to stop my sore throat, but it does work. ( I usually drink a cup a couple times a day)

Sore throat drink

1 mug hot water
1 tbl honey
1 tbl white vinegar

Drink it. Sounds awful but it is sort of like sweet and sour sauce so isn't too bad. I always use it.

Ok now for food, here is an easy recipe for fried rice and you can even have pork believe it or not. Sorry don't have the WW points but it is about 350 cal and less than 6 g fat. This is one serving and makes a whole plateful. Use less rice if you are cutting carbs, and chicken if you want it to be lower fat.

4 oz skinless chicken breast or lean pork chop cut into small pieces
2 c cooked rice
1 carrot finely diced
2 green onion, finely diced (include the stems)
1 carton egg substitute
1-2 tbl low sodium soy
Pam cooking spray

Spray a wok or deep skillet with pam and heat, add pork or chicken and cook for about 5 minutes. Add carrots and onion, but hold back green onion stems and stir fry for about 3 minutes more. Add egg substitute and stir fry until egg is cooked. Add soy sauce, rice, onion stems and toss until heated.

Enjoy your day ladies. I have to go separate the cat and dog. They seem to be having too much fun!

Donna
Old 01-28-2003, 07:28 AM   #25  

Michellle.... I was up right along with you. Except I stayed up all night again. I don't know why I couldn't sleep. I did not drink any caffeine yesterday. But I am happy to say I used my time wisely. I was VERY productive. I hope to try to go to sleep about 7am and get up by noon at the latest. It is going to be 65 degrees here today and my garage never did get cleaned up after Christmas. I have stuff everywhere. Then once it gets a little cluttered... then everyone leaves a mess everywhere. (especially my hubby). Sooooooo... I am DETERMINED to get my garage clean today during this 'one' nice day. Tomorrow it is suppose to be cold again.

Okay... got to run and get ready for bed. LOL

OOpppsss... I was scanning for the submit button and saw that Donna posted. Good morning Donna.
I sure could have used that sore throat recipe two nights ago. My husband's throat was killing him. He could not sleep. I don't know if I have given you a proper welcome but we sure are glad to have you join our group. Welcome !!!!!!

Also WELCOME to all the other newcomers. I am not usually so inconsiderate. I have been gone a lot and get so far behind in replys I don't even try to catch up. I am happy to have all of join our little inner circle. I hope you love it here as much as I do.

Now I am going to go get ready for bed.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:59 AM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all . I don't have a recipe to post but I will try to find one laterof you are doing good.
Food is so so for me can't seem to get back in the swing. I'm still hovering at 195ish.

Son is still working

Thins are going great at work we had over 200 people yesterday. I have been cleaning out the vertical files, they really needed it.

Well I better run son will be getting home soon. catch all later
Old 01-28-2003, 09:48 AM   #27  

Ok you guys! I am sitting here crying like a baby. I thought since I have been doing so great, walking, water and food and have not weighed myself because of the scale issue, I would get brave and try my current scale again. According to it I have lost at least 20 lbs.! I am so absolutely thrilled, I wanted to call my husband at work! I don't know how to explain this to all of you and maybe you are there and understand, but the whole thing has not been as big a struggle as the last time. I have not missed one day of my exercising twice a day, drank between 64-80 oz water a day and stayed on my program without dying of hunger all since the first of January. This is the first time I haven't felt like giving up and it is paying off. Thanks for letting me spout off. I just had to tell someone and my sister lives in Calf so isn't at work yet! lol

D
Old 01-28-2003, 09:49 AM   #28  

Hey there chick-ee-poohs,
Guess what guess what???? I got on the scale this am and have met my mini goal.....I got out of the 290's and into the 280's Yahoo for me......WI day is actually on Thursday am, but I just have this thing with the scale Im on them constantly, maybe thats a little obsesive, but no ones perfect. Anyway that started my am really really good so I am 295/289.5/and for now I am shooting for 195 and we will go from there, I want to take the first 100 off and see how that is, I know I will want to loose more then, but we will deal with it then.
I also made cake for my dear stepdad today. Its his bday, and I did not, hear me, did not lick anything from the cake...no spoon, no bowl no beaters. Then I frosted and licked no knife!!! Im really prowd can you tell. Think Im on a ride on right now and hoping it ain't gonna boot my arse off anytime soon, I like it up here!!!
Thanks all for listening to my good news and I will be back to post again later, but gotta run for now, going out with my mom for a while, and yes Im taking my lunch with me, don't want to get hungry and grab just anything!!

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 01-28-2003, 10:08 AM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Default Hey guys.....

Good morning, my fellow chickies! First of all, let me report my WI (not Wisconsin) from yesterday. Keep in mind, I was not very happy about this, but life goes on. I gained .6. Yep, .6......gained. I'm not really sure how I did it, because I drank all my water, exercised and stayed within my points. My leader thought it was because I lost so much last week (8.8) being sick and all, plus it's that wonderful TOM, so she said I should be glad that was all I gained.....said she had seen some gain as much as 3 lbs. or more. So, I guess I should be happy.

I didn't freak out about it though......I was agrivated, because of course, we all want a loss......especially when we work hard all week, but it's not the end of the world. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't depressed at first, but I've had a chance to think about it, and get over it......so I'm ok. Hopefully, my TOM will take some weight with it next week.

Ok, here's my recipe for today...

Chicken Nachos

1-5oz can of chicken breast packed in water
1/2 onion chopped
12-WOW tortilla chips (2 oz)
4-slices fat free cheese
1-package taco seasoning mix (only use 2 tablespoons)

Empty chicken (including water packed in) into skillet along with onion and 2 tbsp of taco seasoning mix and sautee over medium high heat until water is absorbed. While cooking, arrange tortilla chips on plate. Spread chicken & onions over top of chips & then put cheese on top. (I tear mine into strips) Then microwave for about 20 seconds. This makes a really good size serving. You may not even be able to finish it all. It is REALLY good!

(You may also substitute 4 oz of lean ground turkey in place of chicken) Cooking times will be a little longer though.

450 calories, 4.5 fat grams, 2 grams of fiber or 8 pts

Weight Watcher Breakdown
Chicken--3 pts (the kind I use is 50 calories per serving & it has 2.5 servings per can) 1 gram of fat per serving=3 pts
WOW tortilla chips 2 oz=3 pts
FF chips-4 slices=2 pts
onions and seasoning are free

Hope all are having a good day today....I am working with Chatty Cathy today who for some reason is not so chatty today. Maybe her tongue fell out. I should be so lucky.
Have a great day!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:28 AM   #30  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Donna & Sandy....you snuck in on me...

We were all posting at the same time.....I guess great minds think alike....huh?

Donna: I am so proud of you and crying right along with you. At first when you said you were crying, I was concerned, but then was overjoyed when I realized why you were crying. I am so proud of you! That is so great! I am so glad that it has been easier this time for you. Keep up the good work and never forget we are always right here behind you.

Sandy: Good news for you too, huh? I am very proud of you as well! Now, I'm not trying to be a , but try to stay off that scale if you can. Now some may disagree with me, but if I hop off and on during the week and it doesn't say what I want it to, it depresses me and well...you know what happens. If you're doing ok with it, then just ignore me. I just know for me, it's better if I just weigh one day a week. Anyhoo, congrats again for being so strong while making that cake. That must have been hard. I try not to even put myself in temptations way.....if you know what I mean. You go girl! I am so proud of you!
Closed Thread