To weigh or measure, how about both?!

• Just thought I'd share this product. I haven't used it myself, so I can't give a review. But it looks interesting. A measuring cup that is also a scale

http://www.taylorusa.com/kitchen/foo...n-scale-7.html
  • I want one! Any idea how much these things run?

EDIT: just saw them on Amazon for $25....excellent!
  • I use measuring cups with my digital scale all of the time. I weigh my glass or plastic measuring cup - then zero the scale, fill the measuring cup and weigh again.

Or I'll fill the measuring cup, then zero the scale, empty the measuring cup and weigh the empty cup (the readout will give a negative number, but just ignore the negative sign).

The standard scales are more versatile, because you can use it with measuring cups, but you can also use plates and serving bowls.

The cup-scale gadget is a bit of a one-trick pony, in that once the cup is dirty, you have to wash it again to use it again. With the standard scales you can use as many measuring cups as you'd like. The standard scale also has the advantage that you can put your dinner plate on your scale and zero it out before adding each new food - that way you don't even need to dirty a single measuring cup or spoon.
  • Quote: The cup-scale gadget is a bit of a one-trick pony, in that once the cup is dirty, you have to wash it again to use it again.
    That was my concern. I already have a scale. I like it and typically just use whatever dish I'm going to eat from on it. But still thought this was an interesting product
  • OMG! Is it a cup? Is it a scale? A cup? A scale?

That's really kind of cool! I wouldn't mind owning one!