Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #1  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Default August 2011, the perfect month to get back on track.

August 1st is on a Monday. The first month this year to start on a Monday. How many times have you pledged to "start on Monday"? How many times have you pledged to "start at the beginning of the month?" Well, folks, it's the best of both worlds tomorrow. The beginning of a new work week and the beginning of a new month.

I'm going to try like heck to get sugary carbs out of my diet entirely for the whole month. Anyone else have a great 8/1/11 plan?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

I just plan to keep up my healthy eating. Normally, the hubby and I will have a great week, and then ruin it all over the weekend. This is weekend #2 of NOT doing that! I'm going to try like heck to keep it up, even though we have a short trip to VA this week, and I have to go to Vegas for a 3 day conference in the middle of the month. So my August goal is to just not ruin my healthy streak and to lost 7 - 10 lbs.
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Actually, I'm not waiting until tomorrow, I'm starting right now. I was in total shock when I weighed myself this morning to see that I was 7 pounds more than yesterday morning. Seven pounds in one day. It was my oldest sons 19th birthday and we went to a smokehouse restaurant. I ate everything on my plate, then later I had a large piece of cake and ice cream with a big handful of nuts, some graham crackers w/peanut butter and a slice of fresh banana bread the neighbor made for us. The result...7 fricking pounds. I can't imagine what would happen if I waited until tomorrow to "start".

Oh...and breakfast was a yogurt and banana...That is all! I didn't binge all day!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-31-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Wow I hadn't noticed it lined up that way. What an opportunity!

Let's see. More vegetable-based meals/snacks. It's been rolling around in my head for a couple of weeks, so there's no time like the present to implement it.

I get in a decent amount of fruit, but that's no substitute for vegetables. Therefore, I'm going to be more mindful to add SOME kind of vegetable into my lunches and dinners. (I'm happy with fruit at my breakfast as/is.)

More salads for lunch. More carrots/broccoli/cauliflower to munch on for snacks. More roasted and steamed veggies for dinner.

And most importantly! Going to the produce store once a week to keep those things on hand and fresh so I want to eat them!

And just like you, Lori Bell, no waiting until tomorrow. No reason I can't do better today.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

Haha. When I have an off day for some event, I try not to weigh myself for 2-3 days until it evens out. My sister-in-law was visiting in June. The first week she was here, we ate well, cooking healthy every night. She lost about 100 lbs last year and has about 30 more she wants to lose, so she's all for it. But the 2nd week she was here was NOT good. No biggie, but after she left, I waited a few days and ate healthy before stepping on the scale. I think I was too scared of what the number would be!
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #6  

I've been pretty good about what I eat thie past two months, but now I am going to be better about exercise. My goal will be the 30 minutes a day five days a week recommemended by my doctor. (I'm over 55)
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

My goal for August is to continue doing what I've been doing. Working out, eating within my calorie range. The difference is that now I'm also doing green smoothies. I've only had them for 2 days and I honestly feel like they are really helping me feel fuller and just better. I've been eating a lot of dead foods (processed, cooked, etc.) and now I'm eating more whole foods. I'm still eating processed, but just less.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/135

Height: 5' 3.5"

Two goals for August for me.

1. eat more veggies
2. otherwise continue to stay on plan with both diet and exercise

I've done pretty well for the past 2 months and when I have slipped up I was careful to make calorie and exercise accomodations for the slip. Overall I am fairly satisfied. I do wish the weight would come off faster! But if I can stay on track I feel sure I will meet my goal weight right on schedule
H82Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

I'm in! I've been loosey goosey on plan for the last month and have gained and lost 10 pounds. It looks like I broke even, but I know better.
The drama and BS will always be there, I can't let it be my excuse to down fist-fulls of M&M's.
I will keep in my calorie range this month and actually use that gym membership I love (and pay for...)!
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

My aim is to get back to how I was eating before this past week! I had been pretty much on track for a whole 5 weeks, eating foods low in calories and fat, and lots of veggies! Then this past week I ate out three times (the worst foods imaginable, including chinese takeaway) and drank alcohol on two separate occasions. I'm scared to step on the scale again! I'm so disappointed in myself, but I've gotten on track before so I know I can do it again
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #11  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I have only two simple goals. First, cut back on dairy products (I've been letting some slip in!). Second, and most importantly - don't get discouraged and quit if the scale isn't always doing what I want it to do!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #12  

Great idea for a thread, Lori! I'm sure you'll get those 7 lbs. off in a jiffy. It's so frustrating to eat more just one day and have the scale be so cruel . It makes me wonder about that common saying, aimed at people losing weight: "You didn't put it on in a week and you won't take it off in a week."

So, I have two goals for August: 1) staying on track during vacation and 2) increasing my protein and lowering my carb intake. I'm hoping that doing the latter will magically give me more energy; this continued oppressive heat is taking its toll on me.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #13  

It's a great day to start again Thanks for mentioning it! I need more veggie dish ideas! I'm going to google some veggie recipes, maybe some veggie chili
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Lori Bell, you are oh so right. Because I'm trying to get back into my exercise habit on a daily basis, I've got a mega August challenge to work out every day (different muscle groups of course, and I'm allowing myself 4 rest days if I need them for school studying or some other legitimate reason). I'll even be exercising one day of my and my friend's trip to Cedar Point (hotel gym/pool, baby!).

I know a lot of people think exercising every day is too much, but I did it for months in 2009 and loved every minute of it. There's just nothing like watching myself get stronger and leaner.

My husband is helping me do it by promising to buy me a new pair of Gap jeans if I stick to the plan (my size 12s are practically falling off me now). And because I had planned to buy something for myself anyway, I'm going to invest in a good, supportive sports bra if I conquer my challenge. Wish me luck! And good luck to you on yours!
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #15  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything like that, but I'm just getting back from a week long vacation. I was pretty good, but eating was different and my exercise was only slow walking. Preceding that vacation was nearly 3 weeks of sick or recovering kids which disrupting everything too. So I just want to start August 1st with a bang!

And, BTW, gaining 7 pounds in a day is impossible calorie wise from what you ate. If you drank 7 glasses of water before peeing, you would have gained 7 pounds too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote