Craving salty foods...

• I am not big on sweets. It's the salty foods that are my BIG problem. I find if I eat some I crave more. Last night I had turkey bacon. Usually I can have a couple pieces and be done. This brand was particularly salty and I had a really tough time not gong back for more (and more...). I did read that salt cravings could be from mild dehydration (also something more serious, but I have no other symptoms of that) I am going to try to make sure I drink a lot more water. But I wonder if anyone else is like this and what you do.
  • *raises hand*

Salty foods were my "drug" of choice its funny you should mention dehydration being the culprit because anytime I don't drink enough water I start craving salty stuff. But when I have that craving eating at my brain, I usually go for some salted nuts like almonds & that usually helps, and drinking a huge glass of water with it.
  • Sometimes I am a craver of the salt.

If you like pickles, try a big dill pickle. Usually something THAT salty quenches it for me. Unless it's the Psycho-Cycle time. Then just give me a salt lick & get outta my way
  • Quote: *raises hand*

Salty foods were my "drug" of choice its funny you should mention dehydration being the culprit because anytime I don't drink enough water I start craving salty stuff. But when I have that craving eating at my brain, I usually go for some salted nuts like almonds & that usually helps, and drinking a huge glass of water with it.
    That's a great idea, I'll trying drinking WITH the salty treat!

Quote: Sometimes I am a craver of the salt.

If you like pickles, try a big dill pickle. Usually something THAT salty quenches it for me. Unless it's the Psycho-Cycle time. Then just give me a salt lick & get outta my way
    I do love pickles. :-) you just mentioned something I didn't even think of but probably explains lasts nights EXTREME craving for salt. It is probably relate to my TOM! Thanks for the insight. I think I may need to go get myself a salt lick. LOL!