Weight loss is really a series of ups and downs...

• Isn't it? On some days and weeks, I do great. I feel good and satisfied with all my food and exercise. Then some days or weeks, I overeat and feel like I just want to give up. Like I'm a bottomless pit, like it's not worth it to continue my diet because I'm so "greedy" and will never learn to control my food.

I'm having some of the not so good days yesterday and today. But I just know that I can't give up. I refuse to this time.
  • Yes, it is a series of ups and downs. But only you can make it go one way or the other. I have been struggling with my weight for years, like most people here. We just need to ask ourselves "what do I want more?". The answer for me is easy. I want to be healthy and fit. Nothing is easy, but we can do anything we set our minds to. Every day, month, year we put this off, only makes it harder on ourselves. We are not getting any younger, as you grow older, the more difficult it will be. We need to decide what we want and commit to doing it. The answer is in the foods we eat. If you get the right nutrients, your body will stay fuller longer. I eat whole grains, lean meat, fruit, veggies, and beans. I season my food with herbs and spices. I do not feel hungry, nor do I go off plan.

Sorry, your day isn't going well. I hope you can pick yourself up and just move forward. You can do this!
  • I hope you have a better day today.

I think that we all have to remember that we still need to live our life. Sometimes I get sooo consumed with what I am putting in my mouth that I don't even enjoy the taste of it. Weight is hard, having too much or not having enough. I think that we can all aim to be a certain number, but we have to listen to ourselves and be happy at some point.

I also think that while you are on a "diet" you need to not berate yourself for having an off day. Sometimes you just need that break. They call comfort food "COMFORT" for a reason. There are times when stress and live just need us to take a break, but we are so busy running and running that we never listen, then we eat everything in sight due to stress. But if we would have just slowed down and had a nice bowl of chicken soup we would have been okay...ya know what I mean.

Don't beat yourself up. Take a break, watch a good funny movie and jump back in tomorrow with a clear head and a rested soul.
  • It totally is!

I just completed a 12 week challenge on here and had something like 5 "gaining weeks" but lost 17+ pounds overall. Seeing my numbers in chart format made me realize just how all over the place I am with weight loss. Its just about not letting a few bad days snowball and staying positive.