Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #286  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Jo..Paul, my DH only eats white meat as well , so I make it with breast and some thighs for myself.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #287  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Hugs mamakat
I'm not comfortable with used car seats. You don't know if they've been in an accident. That's like one of the only things that I buy new. The one I want (graco my ride 65) is 150 and we won't have to buy another until she's 4 or 5 and we can keep her rear facing for as long as possible. My landlord is ok with rent being late and we'll be ok for now but I am going to need food stamps next month. Ugh. I guess I'll just keep looking for work and hope for the best. Although will I be able to find a job that will pay enough for day care or allow me to work strange hours? I guess we shall see.

Last edited by shishkeberry; 08-26-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #288  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Jo..Paul, my DH only eats white meat as well , so I make it with breast and some thighs for myself.
Thanks, and I like the thighs too!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #289  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

This cake thing is totally MY fault! GRRRR

Don't do it Kat! It's NOT worth it!
Listen to The Bitter Truth of Sugar instead!

Kristiina posted this (I think).

I listened to 30 min of it before dashing off to my run, but I totally am listening to the rest of it! I'm a geek like that and love medicinal lectures!

Mamakat
We Love You! Thank You for being a part of all of our lives
Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

K9, I listened to the whole lecture (I'm a research geek, too!) and it was astounding. I now have an acute awareness of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in EVERYTHING. Mostly for the DH and kids, since I don't eat white stuff anymore. But just in the last couple days since I watched this, I can't find bread or cranberry sauce or hamburger buns, you name it, without HFCS. One of the most disturbing points he made was that baby formula has more hfcs than a soda. WHAT?? It truly is an eye-opener and I would encourage anyone to watch it.

I'm down a couple ounces today, yay! But probably going to blow off my workout until tonight or tomorrow. It is a beautiful day here and DH took the day off. Think we might take the boat out to a lake
Old 08-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Right - Lets try and catch up before it gets mammoth:

Sum I like the sound of your recipe, I might try it one day. Although that sounds like a lot of cashews! It's not going to be a low calorie dinner that's for sure. I live in SE London near Greenwich, but I work in W London near Hammersmith. I'm growing to like the city but it still doesn't feel like home after 2 and a half years! It's great that you feel better without sugar in your diet. I'm sure I would too, just don't think I could manage the effort to say no all the time!

K9 LOL no beer fest this weekend. We're going to see Batman Live, no idea what to expect but it's very much a family event so hoping I'll stay safe!

Still well done for sticking to your plan, and good for you focusing on your successes. Keep going strong!

Nanna7 Great going with the walk. Keep it up, it's nice to surprise yourself realising what you're capable of!

Shish Sorry to hear about your money worries, it shows a great strength of character to look after a family and keep up with your life whilst dealing with these stresses. I was unemployed for a while and claimed benefits, that was tough enough on my own, let alone looking after kids and a family! There's absolutely no shame in taking the help that's available when you need it, that's exactly what it's there for! Great advice from others about where to look for car seats / clothes etc. Best wishes to you getting through this tough time. Xx

Zoodoo Sorry to hear about your stuggles with your boss, but great to hear about the counsellor, don't be nervous, they're professionals and will take anything and everything seriously. YOU are their number 1 priority however 'serious' or not you think your issues may be, it's all important. Best wishes to you, let us know how it goes.

Itsmyturn Glad to hear you've overcome most of your brain issues - I hope you know how strong and inspirational a person it makes you to have got through such a trauma and come out so positive the other side! Is a total gym one of those home contraptions with funny shaped seats and all manner of stack plates?

Diana3271 Sorry to hear about your reaction - what a pain, literally! I really hope it's something that passes with time since there doesn't seem to be another explanation

Berry I'm sure I've used the word mentee before! I don't think you made it up Great for you to help someone out like that, I'm glad you had a good time. I can kind of empathise with your friend who used to do your new job. I am such a hoarder, I find it really hard to throw things away! I can understand how much work it must be going through all that junk though, apologies on behalf of hoarders everywhere! P.S. your Indian omlette sounds lovely! I'm terrible at cooking omlettes - my eggs are always burnt or raw, *sigh*

Mamakat I know you're feeling terrible right now but your post to K9 was so inpsiring it brought a lump to my throat! So true, and so touching. I hope you feel better soon and manage to stay away from the cake. Keep telling yourself everything you know about how it won't make you feel better and reminding yourself of the things that do. maybe try a moment on the bike if you can muster it? There's a lot to be said for endorphins. My thoughts are with you.

Larry I like your comment about patience - but you must have tons of it! You are the role model for slow and steady winning the race - you've been consistent and determined despite the ups and dows of your journey. Keep going, you're doing fantastically!

JenIan Your son sounds amazing! There's a lot to be said for good upbringing there (edit -and a big element of luck, to those with kids not so angelic that might get offended by this- not my intention)

Jo Good luck with the running. More than 3 miles is a long run by my standards too! I barely managed 2 today, what an effort! You've been great with the running, keep it up as you know deep down that it's making a fitter, healthier person and that's what matters!

Well got to dash as it's the obligatory Friday drinks time. I'm not going to do any damage to myself this week, promise! I've eaten cake today but not going to stress about it. Going to try and fit in a mini workout tomorrow and all will be good.

Have a great weekend all. Xxx
Old 08-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #292  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Oooh, guys! I have a NSV to share. I just got back from JCPenney (Diana, they're having a really big 40-80% off sale ) and I bought two dresses. I haven't bought a dress in a while. Well, the two dresses that fit me were a size Small and a size 8!! I couldn't believe it!! I had tried on a dress at Banana Republic that was too big (and that was a size 6!!), but I thought it was a fluke.

Anyway, that should go to show you all that I do carry weight in my legs, because I'm a 10/12 in jeans. I guess I must be a classic pear shape. But, I was excited about the dresses and just had to jump on here and share!! This time, last year, I was still in 22s and now to be in single digits feels amazing.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #293  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

mamakat--I just read your post and wanted to let you know that you're not alone! I have PTSD, too and it's the pits! I wouldn't wish it on anyone. The constant state of hyper alertness and anxiety is wearing. Sending you a warm hug. Has your doctor ever recommended EMDR? I haven't done it, but I've heard it's supposed to work really well. Hang in there, honey. And don't worry about sounding down. We're all here for each other!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
JenIan Your son sounds amazing! There's a lot to be said for good upbringing there (edit -and a big element of luck, to those with kids not so angelic that might get offended by this- not my intention)

What on earth are you talking about, we all have angelic kids here!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #295  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I can't leave for a minute! LOL! Look at all the chatter... ok... hope I hit everyone...
[B]Krystal[B] Hopefully your sleep is better tonight. You are right, August did fly by!!! Staying even is better than going up Hang in there!
Larry Patience is hard, but better to stand still then to have numbers moving up
Diana Huge TGIF!!! I sure hope your reaction eases for you real soon, that sounds totally miserable! My DH is wonderful: he cooks, packs my food for the day, gets kids to their medical/therapy/surgical appointments, handles their medications, helps with cleaning, etc... he truly is a true asset to accomplishing what we do as a family
Melissa Sounds like your scale is being evil right now. Hopefully not a huge stall before gratification this time for ya! Sorry about the body classes being full, hopefully something will open real soon
Jen 1.5Lbs down!!!! Awesome!!! A day at the beach sounds spectacular! My family in northern Maine is getting rained on right now, assuming you are in an area that is remaining dry?
shellsbrood Good morning! Great job on the exercise! Excellent on the NSV! That must have felt great!!!!
Zoodoo 2.6Lbs is nothing to scoff at - that's excellent!!! Glad to hear your boss won't be there today, it may help make the day a bit more pleasant for you
jomatho That sounds like a great way to spend alone time! I'm betting your approaching TOM is why your scale isn't moving
momakat I am so sorry that you were feeling worried on posting how you feel - it sucks to be low and to compound it with lonely too is a lot to take on. I am so glad you hit "send". I'm still so new here, so not sure how much it will mean to you - but I view you as anything BUT weak. You have a determination and compassion rarely found as a combination & I admire that. Doesn't help what is going on, I know... but did feel it needed to be said... you are an amazing person!
zogo Way to go on the loss!!!! A boat ride sounds wonderful!
milesawaygirl No funny looking seats, no stack plates, but it IS a home gym. They commonly use them in physical therapy due to being so safe and effective for everyone of all abilities. I got the XLS if you want to check it, but love mine. With all the medical issues in our family, choice of a gym for all took seemingly forever, but worth it!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Height: 5'6"

My goodness it is a busy thread here.....lol

Been busy getting my kitchen back in order. They had to bust up my floor to get to an underground busted pipe and it has been a mess. They are finally done and putting my sink and cabinets back in thank goodness.

Didn't make it out for my walk today, but all hope is not gone. Now that I know I can do it again, I will be back out there. Perhaps tomorrow when my girls are home we will ALL go for a walk.....

I wanted to respond to shishkeberryDon't know about your state, but some states have agencies that provide these things to you at no cost. There are some hospitals if you contact the social services department, that might be able to help you.
There is no shame in having to accept foodstamps Dear. I am raising 2 of my grandchildren, and I myself am disabled, if it weren't for foodstamps, we would go hungry. Do what you have to do. So many people use debit cards etc these days, they don't know what you are presenting at the counter. So don't worry about it.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #297  
BlockHead =)

Well no beach after all today. We got all ready for the beach and were in the car, and I could tell something was wrong. After a little digging I realized DS didn't want to go. But he didn't want to tell me that he didn't want to go b/c he didn't want to hurt my feelings. I can't say that I wasn't a bit disappointed, but it was also very sweet. And for those who know people on the autism spectrum you will likely understand how good it felt that he even considered my feelings. He is not a mean person at all, but he does not always think about others' feelings and viewpoint. So we went school supply shopping, went to DD for an iced coffee for me and a coolata for him, went to the grocery store, came home and are now hanging out on our computers and enjoying each other's company We will finish his bacon video in awhile. Still a good bonding day with my boy.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #298  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Personals!

shells- That is so wonderful to be in an 8! Congrats! I'm sure it feels amazing! And thanks for the heads up on the Penney's sales, thats where my DH gets his work clothes. We should head over there!

themilesawaygirl- thanks for the encouragement! And have fun at Friday drinks!

zogo- Have fun on the boat! Sounds like a great time.

shishkeberry- I'm not great with used car seats either. That was the one thing we bought new for my DS. EVERYTHING else was given or garage sale except for that. Good luck on the job hunt- I know its hard right now.

Mamakat- YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THIS. I know how hard it is when you get to that sad, numb phase and it feels like it doesn't matter. But you have been such an inspiration to me, and you have kept going this long, and the sadness has to pass. *huge, huge hugs* Thinking about you, and sending you some

K9- sorry about the scale playing dirty tricks on you this month. I agree with mamakat though- you have taken some amazing steps and sooner or later that scale better fall in line! We'll hope for sooner, for your peace of mind.

berry- Add me to the Funky Club. Thinking of you. Hope you feel better soon. I hate those days where everything that happens only adds to the funk.

**just as an aside, is it just me or are the 180's really, really hard for most of us? I feel like I've seen, over and over, all of us at some point struggling to get our bodies to let go of those particular numbers.

Jomatho- I hear you on needing a little positive reinforcement from the scale. Here's hoping that your scale also gets into line! Keep on keepin' on, lady!

zoodoo- I'm sorry your boss is driving you up a wall. I hate that. Good luck talking with your boss's boss, when they are in next. And I found exercising away the boss rage to be effective when I was trying not to eat it. Thinking of you.

JenIan'smom- your son does sound awesome. And his video sounds hilarious. congrats on the 1.5 lbs!

Diana3271- That sucks about your reaction. I hate it when you have a gut feeling about something but yet the doctors look and look and don't find anything. Trust yourself. You've been working on finding your allergy culprit for a while now and you know your body best.

Larry- You will beat this plateau. "Patience is a virtue. It's just not MY virtue!"

ItsMyTurn- hello!

mojojuju- hello!

sum- hi! I love your hair!

Anyone else I missed- hello!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow, I've really hit a wall. I'm exhausted.

I had a talk with the boss' boss that went OK, not great. What I had to say certainly didn't come as a surprise to him.

I went out to lunch with some work people, which is a bit unusual for me. I ordered a greek salad and it was good, but oh my, loaded with cheese and oil. I brought a bunch of it home to use over more veggies, but seeing all that oil in the leftover container made me wonder if that was such a good idea.

This morning my son asked if we could go on another bike ride tonight, so I guess that's what's for exercise tonight. I also need to get by the library and stock up in case we do get some of Irene's affects and lose power, which I see as a pretty slim possibility, but there's a chance just the same. I've been looking at all the maps, and it looks like we're within the "widespread damage" area for wind, although on the cusp and well within the "major flood potential" area. I'll believe it when I see it. I was a skeptic about us getting all the storms that hit the northeast this winter, and I was right a lot of the time.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #300  
BlockHead =)

mamakat: sorry about the hike And thanks for the congrats and comments about my boy DS is a gamer too and so am I and DH too but all of us play different things until this most recent game which DS and I both enjoy but DH has no interest in.

hehe I hear you about the people thing. I need my alone time. I LOVE my family, and one of my favorite things to do is to spend time with them and with extended family and friends. But I NEED my down time. Being cooped up in a small house even with my two favorite people on earth for more than a day or two sets my nerves on edge. So I usually retreat to the bedroom for awhile with computer/book.

I am glad you posted. None of us is upbeat all the time. That's unrealistic to expect of anyone including ourselves. I hope posting helped you and in it's own way it's supportive of others too b/c it shows that being on this journey doesn't guarantee that every moment is healthy and happy and that this is a safe place to share your feelings no matter what they are instead of stuffing them down with food or any other negative coping behavior.

Sum: have FUN!! And I agree, cutting out the sugar is such a great way to get rid of the cravings!

themileasaway: I want to stow away in your luggage And thanks for the comment on my boy. We have had our ups and downs. Partly due to his issues, partly due to mine, partly due to the fact that we are so much alike. We are in a good place right now and I am determined to enjoy it, b/c I know that he is 13 and the rough times are nowhere near over, those that come from him being a teen/young adult and those that come from him being on the autism spectrum.

still: great job staying on track! And thanks for the comments

Donna: you're doing great!

shishke: I agree with others' response re take care of yourself! and don't worry about using the help you need now, that's what it's there for. So, since I have nothing new to add, just

zoodoo: good luck with the appt on Monday! And I'm sorry about your job stress. I have been there and it sucks! Good for you for recognizing your feelings, that really is a success!

berry: glad you had fun with your mentee Sorry the meal is making you feel bleck. Interesting to reflect on how we used to eat/feel and what our normal was then, isn't it? Makes me appreciate how I eat/feel now even more. A good recommitment opportunity maybe? Hehe just trying to find the silver lining to the bleck feeling

The Indian omelet sounds sooo good, thanks for sharing! DH LOVES hot spicey foods. DS and I like mild spice but lots of flavor. I like that you can really vary the heat intensity but still have plenty of flavor with Indian food, more so I feel than with Mexican, but if someone has a really flavorful, mild, Mexican dish recipe to share, feel free to prove me wrong!

Diana: sorry about the reaction I know this whole thing is an ongoing frustration for you and thank you for the encouragement

Larry: thank you! And sorry for the frustration of the plateau, but glad that you are maintaining!

K9: I know you're frustrated, but great job on maintaining!

Jo: you're "boring" night sounds relaxing! Good for you for not making any big decisions while your hormones are fluctuating.

shells: great NSV!!

ItsMyTurn: Thanks! No rain here today, though it was very rainy yesterday and supposed to be again Sunday into Monday with remnants of Irene. Tomorrow should be a good day weatherwise. DH, DS and I are going to go to a driving range (DH used to golf quite a bit and DS and I have an interest in trying it, so this is a first step). The place also has disc golf, mini golf and batting cages, so we can spend quite a bit of time there if we want.

I know I haven't caught up with everyone, but just want you all to know that I am sending positive vibes out to us all for good health and happiness. I am so grateful for 3FC in general and this supportive group in particular!

Jen
Closed Thread