Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5' 5"

Angry Can't get passed this darn 176

I have been down to 176.2 for like almost five days now, going up to 177 and then back down. It's irritating me like no other! I have no idea what to do. I also really need to keep going on my weight loss since I am going to MEPS(Military Entrance Processing Station) sometime in September. I wanna be really close to being 160 by then. Since thats the max weight for my height I need to be to join the USN. Any little tricks that would help me get rid of that 0.2 pounds?
whitelikechalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #2  
Noobie xD

S/C/G: 185/185/132

Height: 5'3

This happens exactly with me xD When ever i hit 175... it takes a long time and it wont go any further down! but my guess its because our bodies are not used to loosing fat, its loosing water and the body trys to replace it with water. But we have to keep pushing!
D O L L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by D O L L View Post
This happens exactly with me xD When ever i hit 175... it takes a long time and it wont go any further down! but my guess its because our bodies are not used to loosing fat, its loosing water and the body trys to replace it with water. But we have to keep pushing!
Ahhh, glad I'm not the only one. I wish I would just hit 175 and stay there for awhile instead of going back. This last pound to 175 has been impossible to lose it seems.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I was just recently stuck at 176 for way too long. It may have been five days for me, too. And then I hit 175.8 and I was thrilled, but then when it was at 175.8 the next day I thought I was going to lose my mind. And today, finally 175.0. Phew! Maybe when we get past this slow spot there will be a woosh. I hope!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

I'm weird, but for me a high calorie meal usually helps me drop a few within a day or two. Sounds counter productive, but it works for me; maybe the body just needs a jolt now and then? I usually follow that up with a low calorie day to make sure the loss sticks!

Other than that the only advice I have is drink lots of water.

How many calories are you taking in a day? What's your activity level?
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I was just recently stuck at 176 for way too long. It may have been five days for me, too. And then I hit 175.8 and I was thrilled, but then when it was at 175.8 the next day I thought I was going to lose my mind. And today, finally 175.0. Phew! Maybe when we get past this slow spot there will be a woosh. I hope!
I sure do hope so! I want to wake up and be at least 175.9 haha.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 1980 View Post
I'm weird, but for me a high calorie meal usually helps me drop a few within a day or two. Sounds counter productive, but it works for me; maybe the body just needs a jolt now and then? I usually follow that up with a low calorie day to make sure the loss sticks!

Other than that the only advice I have is drink lots of water.

How many calories are you taking in a day? What's your activity level?
It's weird I have ate pizza, pasta, and some more pasta the past week. I did lose 2 pounds though even after eating all of that. I am now back to eating healthier and what not.

I have been slowing down on my water intake, I should start drinking more once again. I stay from 1000-1500 calories a day, and try to stay under 30-40g of carbs a day mainly try to stick with under 30. I walk every day, I am starting a new walking route, it is 3 miles. I am planning on doing this every night, zumba at least once a week, and a bit of weight training.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 AM   #8  

Just weighed myself, 175.6! Hope it sticks in the morning.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:18 AM   #9  
Noobie xD

S/C/G: 185/185/132

Height: 5'3

Just keep on working it girl! it has to go down eventually with all that workout! You know you gotta be burning up something within the process! xD
D O L L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelikechalk View Post
Just weighed myself, 175.6! Hope it sticks in the morning.
Good for you! I've never had a lower weight than my morning one late in the day. That's awesome!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 8"

whitelikechalk -
Glad that you moved down to 175.6.

I was stuck for about 15 days bouncing btwn the 166s and 168s. Then I noticed that my too tight in the waist pants were all of a sudden too big! Yesterday the scale finally dropped to 165.4, today it is 165.6, but I am fairly sure it will continue downward for a while now.

ETA - Since you are planning on joining the Military, you should seriously consider starting the C25K program. You will have to run in the military, so you may as well start getting used to it now. The great thing about doing C25K is that I lost at a significantly higher pace when I started doing that instead of walking alone.

Last edited by envelope; 08-22-2011 at 06:43 AM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

You need to change things up. Do you do the same workout? Your body gets use to it. Add more intense workouts, or try something new. It will work!
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by D O L L View Post
Just keep on working it girl! it has to go down eventually with all that workout! You know you gotta be burning up something within the process! xD
Yup this morning I weighed myself again 174.6. Shocked me really.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Good for you! I've never had a lower weight than my morning one late in the day. That's awesome!
Its usually the same with me. It's really odd but I'm happy bout it.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope View Post
whitelikechalk -
Glad that you moved down to 175.6.

I was stuck for about 15 days bouncing btwn the 166s and 168s. Then I noticed that my too tight in the waist pants were all of a sudden too big! Yesterday the scale finally dropped to 165.4, today it is 165.6, but I am fairly sure it will continue downward for a while now.

ETA - Since you are planning on joining the Military, you should seriously consider starting the C25K program. You will have to run in the military, so you may as well start getting used to it now. The great thing about doing C25K is that I lost at a significantly higher pace when I started doing that instead of walking alone.
Congratulations. I hope to be in the 160s soon.

I am slowly working up to running, I do jog every so often. I just have a hard time to get motivated because I don't have a running buddy. I feel as if it's easier to run with someone instead of by myself. But ill totally start that soon. seems like a good idea.