Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #1  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Lol Nsv

While walking around some shops yesterday, I caught a reflection of myself. We don't have mirror in our house ('cept for bathroom and over kitchen sink) so I never really get the true picture of myself.

I have the weirdest butt known to man, my mother used to say it was deformed I haven't really seen a lot of people with this shape so I've always been self conscience of it. I hide it as best I can with big shirts. Only since I've lost weight and decided to wear women's tops instead of chunky monkey men tops they don't cover so well. Luckily I can't really see my behind and I don't care what others think.

Well like I said I was walking and caught a glimpse of old behind and was shocked! It's not Kim Kardashian's but it's not so weird looking anymore. Sure it's still big and I have a lot to lose but it's so close to "normal" I was so fascinated with it. my son kept asking me what I was doing. I couldn't stop looking!

I know it was a silly post, but I had to share. If anyone could understand the silly NSV's in our weight loss journey, I know you all can. My son surely had no idea why I was so happy....and I'm waiting for DH to notice. It's hard right now as my clothes are getting baggy, but I'm gonna wait it out for the compliment.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I have a really weird butt too. Blocky and shelf-like. So far, I've never caught a reflection of it that I wanted to admire. The worst is when I'm taken surprise by a surveillance camera with a closed circuit TV. This slow realization...that's me? That's my butt? My shirt is almost always "catches" on the shelf. Sigh.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #3  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

zoodoo I wasn't going to put a name on it as a lot of people haven't heard that term, but that is exactly what I have. Walking and biking are my only means of attack. I've looked on line for exercises but they are too hard for me due to my hip and muscles so when I saw the change I was shocked. Even at my smallest (18 years ago 140lbs) I had the shelf butt. My DH said he loved it because he always had a place to put his beer. No, I never took offense as he could have been a lot more cruel and said it was deformed.

Thanks mom

I'm so glad it's "shaping" up and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one...not that I'd wish this butt on anyone I hate that women's shirts don't cover it. Sure be cute, but cover my behind too without swallowing me up.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote