Should I get on the scale?

• I was hoping to be a certain weight for my holiday in 11 days, but I had a really bad drinking weekend and last time I weighed myself last week I was a few pounds heavier than I expected and I'm hoping it was because of TOM but I never got back on the scale to find out. I am wondering whether I should just stay on plan 100% till my holiday and not weigh myself because finding that I don't weigh what I wanted could really affect my mood on a holiday that I've been waiting all year for!

Any thoughts?
  • You could do a couple of things.

Weigh yourself the week before the holiday, and then put away the scale until a week after the holiday. However, still planning to have awesome on-plan days throughout the weeks.

Or you could adjust your goal to fit how the scale is working. Maybe raise the goal weight by five pounds or so, so that it's more realistic with what you're at now. After all, goals don't have to be set in stone.

Whatever you choose, don't allow an arbitrary number on a piece of plastic to ruin a fun holiday. That's not worth it. If it means putting away the scale, then do that. =)
  • Personally, I wouldn't weigh if you know that it will affect your enjoyment of your vacation. A number higher than what you want may make you feel like giving up, which is not the mentality you want to have before a vacation, when it's hard enough to stay on plan as it is. I would stay 100% on plan before your vacation, do the best you can during your vacation (I oftentimes allow myself to eat up to maintenance calories during vacation), and stay on plan 100% during the week after your vacation before I stepped on the scale.
  • Thanks for the replies, I am soooo curious to see my weight but for the sake of my sanity I might just avoid the scale till a week after my holiday!