NSV: Old Clothes (with a pic!)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Okay, so I gained 20+ pounds in about 6 months in 2008-2009 from eating fast food for every meal. None of my clothes fit... And it seemed like it all happened overnight! Ha.

To make a long story short, I was going through a super-minimalist phase in addition to being too big for almost everything in my closet. So I donated everything.

Well, because of my weight loss, Mom has been giving me her hand-me-downs to go through before donating them to Goodwill. Today, while heaving the bag into my bedroom, I spotted a B. Moss outfit that I missed the most out of all the clothes I donated in 2009. (When we were the same size, it was not at all unusual for us to buy the same outfits when we shopped together.) The skirt is a size 8, so I knew it wouldn't fit just right yet. But I had to try it on anyway. (Excuse the I-just-got-home-from-work-and-drive-with-the-windows-down makeup/hair.)

It's still a little tight in the waist area, but soon I'll be struttin' my stuff around town in this outfit!

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go rummage through the huge garbage bag of stuff she gave me. (Yay for free clothes!)

• You look great, and very happy! Lol

Well done! Yey free clothes!
  • It actually looks like a perfect fit! It doesn't look snug around the waist. Congrats!!
  • Whoot! When I first started losing weight one of my roomies was moving states and was getting rid of a lot of her things. She asked if I wanted her clothes and I told her yeah! She left them for me in the basement of the house and when I moved back in 3 months later after the summer job... it was so fun to go through and find a bunch of new things in a smaller size that fit! Free clothes! Great NSV!
  • Looking great! Love the yellow...such a happy color!

BTW love the mischevious cat on the dresser .
  • I love it! Congrats!
  • That skirt looks great on you! I love A-line. I'm a pear and it is just so darn flattering. :-)

I just had to give away all of my fave dresses...too big. keep it up!
  • Looks great! Size 8, wow. You and I have similar stats (I'm a bit shorter than you) and I would LOVE to think I looked as good as you right now. I don't, but let's pretend.

Congrats!
  • Cute!

oh....and it looks like that kitty is looking for matching socks....wink
  • Yay for size 8! Wow! That had to feel great! (Cute skirt too!)
  • You look great! I am loving the cat on the dresser inspecting everything!
  • Very cute!! Yellow's a great color on you.
  • Adorable! You look awesome
  • Cute outfit!! You are one of the lucky people who can pull off bright yellow. Hurray for new(ish) clothes!!
  • Thanks, everyone! Your comments (and compliments) meant a lot.

For those who mentioned her, that nosy cat to the right is Reese. She and our other cat Libel end up in almost every picture we take unintentionally. They're everywhere! (My husband actually took the picture and kept saying, "Stop looking at the cat!" lol)