Is there at least one "bad" food...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • You've yet to give up?

For me it's cereal, honey grahams to be exact.
  • What makes that food "bad" in your eyes?

I figure that as long as I'm eating within my calorie range and eating lots and lots of healthy veggies and protein, there is space in my diet for treat foods. But I don't label those "bad"--they're just foods I eat in restricted amounts.
  • That's why I put quotes around it.
  • Dark chocolate !
    I can't resist haha.
  • No! BUT, I have promised myself that from the time I turn 80 on I'm living on chocolate cake, coffee, and cigarettes.
  • I never call them "bad" foods, but there are certain foods that I have eliminated totally from my eating. They are the simple carbs - sugar, white flour, white potatoes - those foods. The problem is that they are trigger foods for me.

That's OK though, I am a diabetic, and I'm doing quite well, thank you.

I wholewheartedly approve of Rubidoux's ambition to live on chocolate cake, coffee, and cigarettes when she turns 80. I did give up cigarettes and chocolate cake, but I certainly drink, and enjoy, lots of coffee. And I am 85.
  • Rubidoux, switch tiramisu for chocolate cake and that sounds pretty awesome to me.
  • Quote: I never call them "bad" foods, but there are certain foods that I have eliminated totally from my eating. They are the simple carbs - sugar, white flour, white potatoes - those foods. The problem is that they are trigger foods for me.

That's OK though, I am a diabetic, and I'm doing quite well, thank you.

I wholewheartedly approve of Rubidoux's ambition to live on chocolate cake, coffee, and cigarettes when she turns 80. I did give up cigarettes and chocolate cake, but I certainly drink, and enjoy, lots of coffee. And I am 85.
    I hope I'm blessed enough to see 85!
  • Carbs lol.
  • Huh. I guess I never thought about giving up any food in particular.

I just eat them less often.

I'm the sort of person that if told NOT to do something... well I will embarrassingly enough go out and do that very thing So if I told myself "NO DESSERTS. NEVER!" it'd probably trigger some big 'last hurrah binge'.

If I say "I really want a piece of cheese cake ; ;", though. I can say "Okay. Let's plan a day for it, then, so that the Points will balance out."
  • I still treat myself almost daily to a venti iced skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks. In and of itself it's not bad (it's just espresso + , skim milk + sugar free vanilla syrup, for 110 calories), but I add 2 sweet & low to it because I love my coffee drinks sweet and I'm not willing to add the extra calories of real sugar. I really have to kick that artificial sweetener habit one of these days though, and just learn to enjoy it unsweetened.
  • Chocolate! But, really, I haven't given up any foods for my weight loss. I still eat tacos, pizza, etc. from time to time. I just eat them in smaller portions. I wouldn't last very long if I told myself I absolutely could not eat something. Saying that just makes me want it more.
  • Dark chocolate- in moderation. But then again, I eat fast food every so often, but try to pick the better choices and always stay in my calorie goal.
  • I eat two squares of chili-infused dark chocolate every day. The pure chocolate in 1/2 square has flavinoids that are supposed to be healthy. But the other 1 1/2 squares plus the added sugar are pure treat.
  • If I deemed a particular food off limits, I'd be in trouble. I'm more likely to stay OP with the word 'moderation'. That said: no, I don't eat potato chips . E-V-E-R. Binge trigger number 1