3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Where do you lose weight first? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/240156-where-do-you-lose-weight-first.html)

lin43 08-06-2011 04:51 PM

Just wanted to add that I also lose in my face and in my collarbone area, and at my age (43) neither is necessarily a good thing. Most people automatically lose weight in their face when they age (it's one thing that makes us look older), & I don't want to exacerbate the problem, which is one reason I don't want to get down to too low a weight. Also, as I've aged, I've noticed that when I lose even 20 lbs., the area above my chest becomes bony--yuck! I've lost about 12 lbs. already, & need to lose 30 more, but I'm so afraid of looking much older.

Oh well---it's like they say, "After a certain age, you have to choose between your a*@ or your face!"

H82Sweat 08-06-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliana77 (Post 3977106)
The way I understand it - cup sizes are not equal at different band sizes - they really just are a way to express the difference in body circumference between the band and the breasts. So, a 38D is about the same as a 36DD, which is about the same as a 34DDD. You lost 4" around your ribcage, and 3" around your breasts.

I have gone from a 44C to a 40D but I can definitely tell that the girls are smaller! If I put on an old bra I am swimming in the cups.

But I've only lost 3 inches off my bust measurement! Ack!

My bra cups on my old bras seem about the same, maybe a little roomier, but I have the band on the last hooks and I can still put both hands under it.

happygirl5 08-06-2011 05:22 PM

Just my tummy, it never gets to my hips :/ oh well, .. i hope it does sometime soon!

looool at h82sweat :D that's sooo funny!

IsobelRose22 08-06-2011 05:37 PM

My face, and waist are the first places I lose weight. Unfortunately my arms and legs are losing weight really really slowly. Its so frustrating because I have a small torso and huge arms and legs!!

I also seem to have gone up a cup size in bra's??? I went and got measured and I have gone from a 36f to a 34g. There was me thinking boobs got smaller with weight loss :-(

Esofia 08-06-2011 06:32 PM

That just means that you've lost an inch around your ribcage but haven't lost anything off your breasts yet. It's a fairly small difference, I'm sure you'll end up losing from both. Personally I'd far rather lose from the ribcage first: bigger breasts are much better than back fat.

H82Sweat 08-06-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esofia (Post 3977203)
bigger breasts are much better than back fat.

were truer words ever spoken? :rofl:

Mojojuju 08-06-2011 07:43 PM

My wrists. Isn't that weird? I notice my watches getting looser. My forearms seem a bit slimmer. And nothing else, usually. I often get off track before I get farther!

Horo 08-06-2011 07:55 PM

For me it seems to be the breasts and waist/stomach- also the areas I lose the most in general(I'm a pear shape). I went from wearing XL sized sports bras(I never wore proper bras at my highest weight) to a 32C and a 36" waist to a 26" waist. My legs, on the other hand, I never properly measured at any size but are still pretty bulky. I'm hoping a good chunk of the last 15 or so that I never lost will come off my legs.

envelope 08-06-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H82Sweat (Post 3977049)
From the legs up and the head down, eventually I hope the losses will meet in the middle ;)

This is exactly how I lose. I can now see muscle definition in my legs I have honestly never seen before ... even when I was about 30lbs lighter than I am now (before kids).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esofia (Post 3977203)
Personally I'd far rather lose from the ribcage first: bigger breasts are much better than back fat.

I completely agree!!!

H82Sweat 08-06-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by envelope (Post 3977371)
This is exactly how I lose. I can now see muscle definition in my legs I have honestly never seen before ... even when I was about 30lbs lighter than I am now (before kids).

I am completely in love with my calves right now! They have that high, tight ball of muscle and definition on the sides (thank you running) and my thighs are becoming loveable too, just a little toning on the very upper part would make me love them without reservation ;) Resistance bands should help with that.

NotJustALittleFat 08-07-2011 12:19 AM

Typically, face, waist and calves. But for whatever reason this time it's been my face and boobs. It SUCKS to lose it in my boobs, I had finally found the most perfect bra, but now I don't fill it out ;(

chickadee32 08-07-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojojuju (Post 3977260)
My wrists. Isn't that weird? I notice my watches getting looser. My forearms seem a bit slimmer. And nothing else, usually. I often get off track before I get farther!

One day a few months back I was doing something with my hair in the mirror when I noticed a lump on my wrist. My first thought was "oh my god, I have a tumor on my wrist!" I reached up to touch it with my other hand... and realized it was my wrist bone. :lol: It had been so long since I'd seen my wrist bone, I didn't even recognize it!

I'm still losing weight where I last gained it, which is pretty much from my waist up. I have lost some through my hips and butt, but I swear that my thighs have not gotten even a tiny bit smaller. :( Size 16 pants are loose in the waist and fit well in the hips, but are way too tight on my thighs. The day I can stop shopping in plus sizes for pants I will be jumping for joy. And I would KILL to have knees that I could actually show in shorts or a skirt/dress.

jenne1017 08-07-2011 01:31 AM

Of all places, fingers and feet!!!

ChubbyCheeks 08-07-2011 01:41 AM

My legs!! Which sucks. I like my thunder thighs, I wanna lose arm fat and stomach.

kimicat76 08-07-2011 12:30 PM

i usually lose weight first in my butt and my face. i can always tell when i need to go down a size in jeans cause there's extra fabric hanging in the back lol