Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuende View Post
Oh god my dorky teacher side is in LOVE with this idea! I use post-its for everything (and have discovered you can pretty much get 4th graders to do anything if they get to use sticky notes ). Thanks for sharing!
LOL! The dorky teacher side of me completely loves this too! I started thinking instantly of vocabulary/spelling word or math fact of the day...with a surprise treat written behind some of them.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

Singe- Omg I LOVE your pics! Can I draw cute faces on mine too? I think it's absolutely adorable! Once I get my camera I shall take a pic of my post-its. Hehe I'm so happy I'm not the only one who likes post-its as a motivator! Best of luck to you and may your basket fill with cute smiley faces <3
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 157/154/140

Height: 5'7"

This is an awesome idea!

Now, where to put my post-its..?
mindymoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #19  
*Amat Victoria Curam*

Height: 5'10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
Singe- Omg I LOVE your pics! Can I draw cute faces on mine too? I think it's absolutely adorable! Once I get my camera I shall take a pic of my post-its. Hehe I'm so happy I'm not the only one who likes post-its as a motivator! Best of luck to you and may your basket fill with cute smiley faces <3
Aww, thanks! The pictures were from a cellphone and weren't that great but I really liked your idea as you know!
And you can and should do anything you like with them, really I think that's the most fun....in the future I might use them for exercise or maintaining goals, woo!

You know, I realized this idea of yours is just like a real-life tangible ticker!!

Like several other people, I'm a teacher as well so I have used post-its for all kinds of activities and I buy lots of them for my own use, I've used them for anecdotal records and assessments in the classroom, but I've always been addicted to them on my computer monitors or for lists....

Thanks so much for the well wishes, it's good to find things to be excited and happy about in breaking down goals into steps so you're successful, and then sharing it. I'll enjoy seeing your interpretation in this thread, I'm subscribed to it for sure.
Best of luck to you too and have fun!
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

LOL thats so cute. I love it. Sorry, I'm going to be doing this too!!
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Aww, thanks! The pictures were from a cellphone and weren't that great but I really liked your idea as you know!
And you can and should do anything you like with them, really I think that's the most fun....in the future I might use them for exercise or maintaining goals, woo!

You know, I realized this idea of yours is just like a real-life tangible ticker!!

Like several other people, I'm a teacher as well so I have used post-its for all kinds of activities and I buy lots of them for my own use, I've used them for anecdotal records and assessments in the classroom, but I've always been addicted to them on my computer monitors or for lists....

Thanks so much for the well wishes, it's good to find things to be excited and happy about in breaking down goals into steps so you're successful, and then sharing it. I'll enjoy seeing your interpretation in this thread, I'm subscribed to it for sure.
Best of luck to you too and have fun!
Gee I really need my camera. I now have a smiley-face wall of awesomeness!

Yes it is similar to a ticker isn't it. Thats probably why it works for me. The ticker shows how much you've done and how much you've got left. It helps when I know I'm say 40% on the way to my goal. The only bad thing about the real life ticker is I ended up having to explain to my friend why my wall was layered in annoyingly colored post-its with smiley faces on it. Lol.

Awww you're welcome. The excitement is motivational isn't it? Wow I'm honored to have a subscriber! I'm amazed how many people have commented on this and said they were going to do it too. I'm really proud to be apart of it. Thanks everyone! And hug back attcha Singe
Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCheeks View Post
LOL thats so cute. I love it. Sorry, I'm going to be doing this too!!
Haha no need to apologize! I'm just happy other people like the idea too. I feel slightly saner knowing that other people have a wall of post-its in their lives too
Old 08-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Haha no need to apologize! I'm just happy other people like the idea too. I feel slightly saner knowing that other people have a wall of post-its in their lives too
No it's actually a very clever motivational tool. I'm glad you shared it. I'm going to go get some now and a board to post them on.. yeah, all my bills are taken care of, I'm going to wal-mart now
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #24  

One of my post-its kept falling off today for no reason. Then I weighed myself and I lost a lb. IT WAS A SIGN!!!!!!! HAHAHA Anyone else ripping of sticky notes yet?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #25  
*Amat Victoria Curam*

Quote:
One of my post-its kept falling off today for no reason. Then I weighed myself and I lost a lb. IT WAS A SIGN!!!!!!! HAHAHA Anyone else ripping of sticky notes yet?
Well, I'm about to! After losing 8 lbs my first week, I stayed op but kinda stalled, so I steered clear of the scale for a few days. I just found out I'm 2.5 lbs fewer! I wonder if I should cut off half a post it?

I used some tape on mine because I know from experience that textured walls can make them go sailing around

I like that yours autocorrect themselves for you, it really was a sign!

Off to take 2 down, how fun!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 205/198/140

Height: 5'4"

Okay, love this! Totally stealing it too! You're a motivation genius!

Last edited by dietsareevil; 08-11-2011 at 09:39 PM.
dietsareevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:15 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

What a fantastic idea!

I wonder if there would be a good way to use it the other way around, so that you were putting up post-it notes for every pound lost? They do say that you're better off focusing on how much you've achieved rather than how much you have left to do. Maybe you could put up different coloured post-its in a little design, so that the overall design would gradually emerge as well as the growing wall of sticky notes? Of course, being a quilter, I immediately thought of doing a quilt pattern, with perhaps 3x3 blocks for mini-goals (I know, no one thinks in multiples of 9 for weight loss).
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #28  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

First stop after work and before the gym - Staples! Such an AWESOME idea.. I love the concept of a real-life ticker! I mentioned it to my hubby and even he thought it was genius Now my only problem is going to be not splurging on the expensive cute Post-its, since the goal IS to throw them away afterall
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #29  
*Amat Victoria Curam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post
What a fantastic idea!

I wonder if there would be a good way to use it the other way around, so that you were putting up post-it notes for every pound lost? They do say that you're better off focusing on how much you've achieved rather than how much you have left to do. Maybe you could put up different coloured post-its in a little design, so that the overall design would gradually emerge as well as the growing wall of sticky notes? Of course, being a quilter, I immediately thought of doing a quilt pattern, with perhaps 3x3 blocks for mini-goals (I know, no one thinks in multiples of 9 for weight loss).
I think that's a great idea and very personal to you!

I guess I'm more into tangible reinforcement in my own life than I thought...I like seeing the post-its decreasing, but I keep them in a basket so I can always visually see the progress.

However, for water I'm doing the opposite and literally giving myself gold stars. It's such a revolutionary thing for me to drink that much water that I like to track it and see how I'm doing most days, at some point I'll phase it out but it's a mini goal that's pretty important to me.

I think the recordkeeping and progress tracking becomes even more important on some level when it's something that can't be seen or reflected on as much, and drinking water and losing weight initially fit that criterion for me, but they're both such good things that a record is a good self-pep talk.

I think my philosophy about it is: whatever it takes!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #30  
*Amat Victoria Curam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
First stop after work and before the gym - Staples! Such an AWESOME idea.. I love the concept of a real-life ticker! I mentioned it to my hubby and even he thought it was genius Now my only problem is going to be not splurging on the expensive cute Post-its, since the goal IS to throw them away afterall
I love the pretty ones, too!

I think I'm going to recycle my posties for new goals (use them again) and maybe graph my total progress in a different colored one, since I broke down my main goal into smaller ones for now. Who knows what I'll think of next to mix it up, lol!