I Wore Shorts

• I went to the beach and I wore shorts!! Not a big deal for some, but I haven't worn shorts in YEARS. I still felt a little self conscious, but actually forgot I was wearing them and ran into 7Eleven to get ice for our cooler and got a gigantic smile, turn around & a GOOD MORNING Miss from a guy buying coffee when I walked in. (GIGANTIC Ego boost)
    Feels good to see the fruits of all this hard work!
  • First off congratulations! Second off I'm SO jealous (but in the good way ) I haven't worn shorts in who knows how long. I'm so proud that you managed to smile and feel good and even managed to forget about your self consciousness! Congrats girl . And dontcha just love moments like those that make you feel all warm inside. It's amazing how little things like that can help the ego.
  • Congratulations!!!! I can't wait until I feel comfy enough to wear shorts again...or (gasp) a skirt!

Keep up the good work!
  • That ROCKS!!!!

I wore shorts for the 1st time this year. (since 2005!)

Such an awesome feeling, isn't it? I bet you looked great!
  • Congrats! I myself have a 'goal' pair of shorts been in my wardrobe for months now, haven't been able to wear them... Keep it up, I hope you reach all your goals!
  • Congratulations!! I wore shorts for the first time since middle school Saturday at the guy I'm dating's pool party. I had to change them after being pushed into the pool (lol) but I had to prepare a whole week to wear those shorts and it was totally fine.
  • That's so awesome!
  • Congratulations! I sooo know what that is like. WTG!
  • CONGRATS!

Believe me, plenty of us understand your accomplishment! I haven't worn shorts in public since high school, and I am not even close to the point where I'll be wearing them again. Someday soon!
  • yesss!! i've been wearing little dresses and jumpers, i love my new legs so much!! congrats on regaining some of your confidence!
  • Congratulations!!! I had to buy two pairs of shorts recently because I had been avoiding them for so long that I no longer owned any!
  • Congratulations! I love NSV stories.
  • Thanks everybody! It did feel great! Way to go to all us girls getting back into those shorts. @ Mello if I was pushed in a pool they'd have to call 911 lol (*Sigh* Why did I never learn to swim?)