3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Celebrating Small Victories: Cravings Gone! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/239724-celebrating-small-victories-cravings-gone.html)

KatieC87 08-01-2011 02:10 PM

Celebrating Small Victories: Cravings Gone!

When I first got back on the dieting bandwagon this summer, I had such a hard time with food (don't we all?). I thought about food all the time. While I was eating breakfast, I was thinking about what I'd be eating for lunch. I'd sit at my desk at 11 a.m. willing noon to get here so I could FINALLY eat.

Not to mention my chocolate/restaurant cravings. I thought there was no way I was going to make it.

Well, my friends, I don't know if it's because I hit my lowest weight since high school last week or because it finally moved out of my system, but I am happy to report that my chocolate cravings? Practically non-existent. (The rare occasion that they do hit, I have 60 calorie pudding cups in the fridge to satisfy it. And I only eat one!) I've had a restaurant craving exactly once, and instead of it being for nasty greasy O'Charleys/Applebee's/TGI Friday's/Ruby Tuesday/etc (i.e. the normal fare), it's been for good local food. (My one example is a burger I indulged in from a local joint voted best burgers in East Tennessee last weekend.)

Today, I looked at the clock only to realize that noon had come and gone. I was preparing my lunch at 1:30 p.m. and actually took plenty of time to eat it instead of scarfing it down in my usual 10 minutes or less.

Instead of constantly thinking about food, I'm thinking about things like school (graduation is coming up in December!), work, and planned trips out of town with family and friends. Instead of dreading the gym, I look forward to it throughout the day. I feel so full of energy from the time I get up to bed time. And this is from a person who is usually so exhausted when she gets home from work at 5:30 that she takes a two hour nap!

I'm getting teared up just writing about this, but I finally feel like I'm in control. Food does not control my life. I am not a hostage stuck in a body I hate with cravings I can't control. I'm a person who craves healthy foods now. I'm a person who is active and enjoys the rush she feels from running that extra mile or adding 10 more pounds to her weight routine. I seriously did not think this was possible, and I just want to thank all of you. Knowing I'm not doing this alone, knowing that some people are busting butt a lot harder than I've ever had to, knowing that you all are experiencing these things right along with me... It's meant the world to my journey. You all inspire me every single day.

What victories are you proud of today?

NEMom 08-01-2011 02:23 PM

I am proud that this morning was the fifth morning that I woke up at 5:30a.m. to work out. It's not that I do not like working out but I would tell myself all day that I was working at when I got home and this or that would come up and I did not get it in. I decided that I am worth getting up an hour early to aide in my weight loss and my health.
Plus, I got some really cute jeans this weekend, size 14 (started at a size 20) and I am wearing them today and I gotta say the look so cute!!!

KatieC87 08-01-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEMom (Post 3967380)
I am proud that this morning was the fifth morning that I woke up at 5:30a.m. to work out. It's not that I do not like working out but I would tell myself all day that I was working at when I got home and this or that would come up and I did not get it in. I decided that I am worth getting up an hour early to aide in my weight loss and my health.
Plus, I got some really cute jeans this weekend, size 14 (started at a size 20) and I am wearing them today and I gotta say the look so cute!!!

Way to go!!! :-D That's one thing I'd love to do but never have - morning exercise. It would be nice to get it out of the way first thing and feel great for the rest of the day. But that memory foam mattress just won't let me go any earlier! ;)

Size 14! Congrats! I get so excited when I realize my clothes are fitting loser (also sad since I'm poor and hate having to replace my clothes, lol). Keep up the good work!

mselle 08-01-2011 03:21 PM

I am so glad to hear form someone that confirms that the cravings will eventually go away! I am so worried that I will give in to my cravings and ruin everything.

Lets see- what am I most proud of today? I woke up (today is the first day of my "new healthy lifestyle"), I stuck to my meal plans so far and I am looking forward to going to the gym tonight.

Cheers! ~Leslie :carrot:

tuende 08-01-2011 04:03 PM

KatieC87, I love your post and totally agree about how much it helps to have people who are on this journey with us! It's wonderful to hear you reflect on all the positive changes you made and what an impact it's having on your life. Inspiring! Keep bringing the positivity, girl!

mselle, big ups for Day 1! I bet you're going to kill it at the gym tonight!

I don't know that it's something specific that I'm proud of, but lately I've just been feeling good, feeling on. I'm enjoying the present moment more than I ever have before. Maybe it's the weather, but I've been waking up feeling like it's going to be a great day. And with my beloved spin class tonight, how can it not be?!