Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 11:25 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#269

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 01-16-2003, 11:27 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Guess I got here just in time to start a new thread. Now that I wasted time doing that, I have no time for anything else. :-(

Other than....of course....to tell you.....my food was awful today!

Tomorrow is a new day again. And it WILL be better.

Love to all.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:09 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' Ladies,

Well I got to the pool last night and did 1.5 hrs of aqua jogging and stretching. I feel like a new woman! Finally exercise. It's been a couple weeks. Longest I've not swum in over a year.

Gotta get back to work.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:32 AM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Good grief!!! This has been an absolutely horrible morning! Tons of businesses are closed today due to the weather, although here, if it were not for a few patchy spots of ice on the road, you wouldn't have even known it snowed yesterday.......but because we answer for customers all over, (many in different states) we have been slammed with calls this morning. Some of the companies have given us the courtesy of telling us they are closed so we would be prepared and then some of them just didn't give a rip, so we're going, "Uh, well, they've not officially told us they're closed, but we've been answering for them all morning." Now when I get the question, "Oh, the office is closed?", my standard reply is, "As far as I'm aware....." UGH!

In addition to all the other problems, I'm working with chatty cathy yet again today. WILL NOT EVEN GO THERE. Kat: Thought it was hilarious that your nemesis's name is Scary Mary.... My Chatty Cathy's real name is Mary. Just found that amusing.

Also wanted to share this with you: I was in the living room last night doing my WATP 1 mile for the abs. The pace on this video is slightly faster than the first one mile WATP 1 mile with the weights. Anyways, while I was doing it, on the sections where they were just doing the walking, I was actully almost jogging. I really like it more than most of the videos because you can do a mile in 15 minutes and you don't do any of the kickbacks. (people that have done the video will know what they are) Sometimes I even rewind it and continue walking while it's rewinding and just do it again, rather than using the two mile. I love it! Also, after each workout I always do 20 sit ups. Can anyone tell me why I always do 20 situps? Anyways, after I got through, dh came over and took my hands and pulled me up. Easily.....without much effort. (at least it seemed that way) I wouldn't have even thought about letting him do that 62 lbs. ago! Oh, he's tried before, but I always would put a knee down and just try to help him....help me up, but I just put my feet flat on the floor and he pulled me right up. Wasn't a big deal, and maybe not considered spectacular by anyone else, but was just something about it that made me happy.

Well I will go for now. Just reporting in to let you know I am still OP and flying high...... Here are some stats for you!
Since January 1st, I have averaged 23 points per day and have now swallowed 1376 ounces of water (that I have counted) and have exercised 12 of 16 days! Am I powerful or what??!! This is the year for ME! I feel it!

Ok, I'm out of here for now.......I've got a few minutes of relief from big mouth and I'm going to the bank. Love you all and I will see you later!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:19 PM   #5  

Angry Hey Chickies!

Just popping in for a second to say hi! HI!

Hubby will be home for lunch in a minute or two; he's having prime rib leftovers from his b-day dinner last night. I already had my lunch; light baloney with mustard on WW bread and a yogurt. THEN, I'm driving him back to work, going to work out, coming home and showering and heading out grocery shopping. I have to get all the supplies for my husband's annual b-day bash tomorrow. Mostly I'm getting healthy stuff but SO MANY snacky things, even if they are healthy, is going to be a bit of a temptation. I survived Christmas... I'll survive this!

Tina: Sounds like you are doing awesome! Congratulations on so many days OP and all that exercise! You've already come so far too... doesn't it feel great to know YOU are in control!

Catch all you lovelies in a bit!

Sara
Old 01-17-2003, 05:36 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Hey, where IS everybody? I'm doing a mountain of laundry and stopped to take a quick break to catch up on posts...well, THAT didn't take long!

Upon Tina's recommendation, I bought Tilapia to make for dinner... We're going to have a nice salad and a baked potato with it...I'm still OP and way under points for the day! Haven't exercised yet today (unless you count the sweat I worked up scrubbing the bathroom!), still may get to the gym tonight, either that or Curves.

I peeked at the scale......and lost another lb! Won't make that official til WI (not Wisconsin) Wednesday! I'm feeling IN CONTROL!

Gotta run...I'll check in later...

HOORAY! IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-17-2003 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:41 PM   #7  

Quick...for now...there is a Tilapia "farm" 40 miles from here...they must ship the darn stuff out to all of you because it's not in stores here!!!!!!!

Off to see Dad...later.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Had my first reference workshop today it was fun
hubby met me afterwards and we saw Maid in Manhatten and went out to dinner. Not much else
Old 01-17-2003, 08:53 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Exclamation now, wait just a gosh darn minute...

The bananas are not having sex?

Old 01-18-2003, 08:45 AM   #10  

Getting an early start so I can clean my house today. I want to rearrange my kitchen - need a change.

I have Monday off so I want to get all my work done today and have Sunday & Monday to restore "me".

Food is good...water suffered a little on Thursday because the bathroom on our floor was "clogged" and it is a LONG way to the other one so......still did over 80 oz by chugging once I got home.

Will check in on my breaks. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Tina... what a surprise for Tennessee...SNOW!!!! Did you make a Tony Snowman ????
Old 01-18-2003, 09:26 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning...

BRRRR! It is cold out there! 11 degrees! I don't think my Christmas lights are ever coming down! Not much to say yet...need to have more coffee...yes! that's it...I'll be back.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Hey gals....this will be lightning fast, as I am not feeling very well this morning. I was up all night praying to the porcelain Gods if you know what I mean. (I probably didn't spell porcelain right, and I don't even care.) Trey was sick on Tuesday, Brian got it on Thursday and guess who got it last night? I didn't even go into work this morning. Yup, I called in. That is something I NEVER do, but no way was I going to work as sick as I was last night. Thank God I felt it coming on and I hadn't eaten alot yesterday. I only had 10 pts. all day and considering how my night went.......I didn't keep any of those.
The only bright spot in my night is when Tony was on QVC last night and between my trips to the bathroom, I missed half of that.

On the snow front......that was a big flash in the pan. Got up yesterday morning and you could bearly see any in any of the yards and except for a few icy spots on the street, we were basically uneffected. Oh well....

I got rid of the whole house today and I am truly enjoying it. Brian is spending the night with a buddy, dh is working on the Impala up at his Mom and Dads and Trey is up there with them, so I actually have a few minutes of peace and quiet. I'm not sure I even know how to act. Too bad I feel like crap.
I am fighting off the urge to clean the mess that everybody made last night while I was in the bed and that's where I am heading back to now. My pillow has become my best friend. That, and clean underwear. I know, too much information.

Hopefully I will feel up to chat tonight. I will check in later to see what time my fellow goddesses have decided on. Have a great day.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:11 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Wink Chat tonight

Quote:
6:30 / 7PM Saturday...Central...in the MyFamily site....that is private to only us....

TINA....NOT 3FC site the MyFamily one.....okay??????
Old 01-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

HELLO???!!?
Old 01-18-2003, 06:17 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Geez, did a tumbleweed just blow by?

Closed Thread