Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #91  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Now, what was really going on with me yest?? I started the day off fine (eating-wise). Went to my parent’s farm. We picked five 5 gallon buckets of peas, shelled eleven 5 gallon buckets (they have a pea sheller). Ate lunch there, came home—exhausted, and had the most severe cravings! I took a nap, woke up, the cravings were gone. I took a friend some peas and avoided wine with her, but stopped for my own on the way home, then made the MOST UNWISE choice since the pizza binge about a month ago!

Tuesday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, pineapple 107
Beef Pot Roast (ewwe), Peas, Greek Yogurt 600ish
Tortilla Chips w/Cheese Dip (if DH brings this back in our house, I may get arrested!), So Delicious Fudge Mini 440
3 Tacos, 8 oz White Zin 789
Total: 1936

Water: 72oz
No formal exercise ( I was too tired from lack of sleep and picking peas)
OK, that is sounding so “excusey” right now!
I suppose the real reason is I chose to drop off peas to my friend, Ashli and catch up with her instead of going to run after I woke up from my nap.

I despise fast food! I sure regret having made the poor decision to eat it!
Push On Some More!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 AM   #92  
~Krystal~

This River update was supposed to go in with the personals, but somehow I didn't copy/paste it.. so sorry

I am happy to report that River is still doing fine, except for her eyes (which she had before this whole antifreeze shock).
She has been out at my parents farm running around in tall grass and such and now has this green goo (discharge) coming from her right eye.
OK, I realize I’m the nurse here, but anyone know if I can buy anything OTC for this?? I suspect an allergy.
Thank you all for being concerned about her

Last edited by K9Owner; 07-20-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 AM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

K9 I'm glad to hear that all is well with River. I wonder if she has an eye infection or if it's plain environmental allergies. I know if it's an eye infection they have RX drops for that. If it's plain allergies, they can take OTC or RX antihistamines for that. If you do OTC, you will want to confirm everything with the Vet and verify dosage. Magnum has had a lot of food/environmental allergies since we got him. The best thing that we ever gave him is Zyrtec. He takes 1/2 tablet AM, 1/2 table PM. One tablet once a day didn't work for him, for some reason.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #94  
~Krystal~

This is a new thing for her and it's just been since we started going to the field, so I am thinking environmental. I gave her 1/2 Benadryl last night before bed, but that didn't seem to help. I think I'll go to Petco and see if they have a K9 eye drop--gracious! I am leaving for holiday Friday and she is staying with my MIL, I do not want to be worried about her the whole time I'm gone. She was a perfect pet before Monday and BOOM--all of a sudden it's one thing after another!!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for the welcome The scale rewarded me this morning for my strength yesterday - down another lb. Woo! A couple more til I get to my "danger weight" - the weight at which I mentally freak out and eat myself back to safety. :/

Larry Happy birthday!

SMess This heat is incredible isn't it? Ugh. I don't have a/c in my car and it is certainly discouraging me from making the trip out to the gym...

Shishkeberry Oof, two weeks! You poor thing. Hopefully this one won't be nearly so bad!

Alaskan Heh, it made me laugh that you have to worry about the stray bears... Living in the middle of concrete that is such a foreign concern How was your bike ride?

K9 That usually happens to me if I don't eat enough early in the day but it doesn't look like you had that problem! Hmm. These old habits sure are hard to kick eh? I hope you find a solution for your pup... Maybe he's having an allergy bad enough that one benadryl isn't enough?
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #96  
Trying to live below 200

abluvion Congrats on the pound loss!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Mornin'!

Happy Birthday Larry!!!

New low this morning! 195.0! If only these lows came a little more frequently!

I took a 40 minute walk last night, 2.34 miles. Along the way I heard what I think must have been a peacock. Whatever it was was LOUD. That was a bit of a surprise.

Neighbor brought more produce yesterday, mostly lettuce and a couple zucchini. Nice to be so well taken care of. I guess salads are the menu for a while longer.

Every year I grow a little garden, and it seems like every year some calamity befalls it. True to form, a groundhog found my cauliflower and it's totalled. I was hoping it had left the neighborhood since I hadn't seen it in a while. Everything else is doing OK, but you never know what will hit. I think I'm just not a very good gardener.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #98  
Trying to live below 200

Zoodoo Congrats on the new low. Maybe you are an excellent gardener. That's why the critters like to sample your fare.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #99  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning, all!

Zoo--I love fresh produce. You're so lucky!

abluvion--Congrats on being another pound down. Woohoo!

Diana--That must be so frustrating to have the allergy AND sodium issues affect your weight. You're such a trooper! How's Magnum today?

K9Owner--Aww, poor pup! I hope she finds some relief soon.

Stardust--Welcome!

shishkeberry
--Oh, that's just not fair! I'm for you!

Berry--I hope your ds feels better soon. And how wonderful to have a doctor in the family!

alaskan--Sending you will power dust!!

------------------------------------------------
Down another pound and so close to my goal! I'm not sure where I'm going to go after that. I know that I do want to lose more weight...I just feel that 175 sounds a bit heavy. I took a picture last night while trying on a dress and I'm finally getting to where I'm ok with how I look. Though, without clothing...there are more than a few trouble areas. I don't know. Diana? Any advice on finding that perfect number?
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #100  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Ah, here's the picture! Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-07-19_19-20-03_952 (2).jpg (21.2 KB, 20 views)
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Shells- you look SO slender to me! You look GREAT! I struggle with finding the perfect number, too. Some trouble spots just aren't going anywhere no matter what (without surgical intervention). Try to feel around. Is the trouble spot just skin or do you feel fat on them?
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #102  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the thread abluvion and stardust! And happy birthday Larry!
And TTOM can kiss my butt because I'm down to 262 this morning! I'm always afraid that it's going to make me gain since it does for so many of you. But with my limited experience of losing weight and TTOM I seem to stall a bit in between. But I can't really be sure. This is only my second one since 2009 and the last one was crazy.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone!

Didn’t check in yesterday or Monday evening – it’s amazing how busy holidays can be!!

MamaKat: Down 6 pounds!! You rock, girl!!! Glad to hear you were able to get out last night. It takes a lot of effort, but it’s worth it. Baby steps, girl.

Vixsin: Since I last checked in a couple of months ago, you’ve posted your picture. You look so slim!! Keep it up!!

Alaskanlaughter: Hi! That teenager is lucky to have you in his life. Congrats on getting through 209. And keep in mind that 1700 calories is still less than your body requires…you’re still in the range for losing weight. Think of it as a smaller success rather than a failure.

Zoodoo: About using beets – I like cooking them in water with ½ cup red wine vinegar. Once they’re tender, I let them cool in the water. They get lightly pickled that way. Then I slice them up and use them in salads. Enjoy! You’re looking fantastic, by the way. Congratulations on getting back to your low.

Berry: hope your boy gets better really soon! Good for you on the workout – those rubber arms are getting themselves ready to display some bee-yoo-ti-full biceps! Looking forward to your whoosh with you. I’ve been menopausal for almost 2 years, and it’s pretty nice not having the ups and downs weight-wise.

JuHir: Just keep it up. We’re under the same heat wave here, and the heat can make you retain water. Oh, and about the posts…I type them up in a word doc, then copy and paste…saves the aggravation of losing it all.

Diana3271: I’m with you about the drinking. After one drink, it’s sooo easy for me to justify more eating, and then I’m off. For me it’s best to stay away from it. So those allergies are still catching you, huh? Hope you get it worked out soon.

LindseyLou: Glad to hear that your move went so well. It sounds like you got a lot accomplished.

Larry: I hardly recognized you after a few weeks. You’re the still the weight loss powerhouse I remember. :happybirthday: And here’s some :willpowerdust: for you.

K9: Glad to hear that River is okay. And don’t beat yourself up about yesterday. Shake yourself off and get back on track. Just think…the amount you ate yesterday probably won’t even result in a true gain for you…it’s probably within your maintenance range of calories.

Mojojuju and Stardust620: and keep up the good work.

Shishkeberry: Congratulations on the low It can take a while for the hormones to get back up to speed. Hang in there!

Abluvion: Glad you’re here. This thread is fantastic for motivation…and I guess you’ve learned that with the pound loss now!!

Shell: you’re looking fantastic! Based on the picture I’d say you’re fine where you are. How do you feel? The “right” weight is such an individual thing, and it depends so much on what your goals are.

Well, I’m back on track. Ate properly yesterday, and did a 50 minute, extremely hard bike ride. Scale is down 2.6 pounds since Monday. These early big losses are sooo encouraging
My plan today is to eat about 2000 calories (yes, I know that’s a lot, but I lose weight on that amount) and do about one hour gentle cycling as I run my errands today.
Have a great, OP day, everyone! BBL
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #104  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Shellsbrood I don't know what to tell you. You look fine, but if it doesn't feel right, that's what might be lacking. Are you exercising regularly? Maybe toning is what you really need to help with trouble areas? And of course, after babies and life, we all have trouble areas, so don't shoot for perfection as that aint happenin' for most all of us!

Zoodoo Yay on the new low! You are doing it! And I'm with Diana3271, if the critters want to eat your garden, it must be worth eating! But I feel your pain. I've been battling a resident groundhog too. He's winning despite my many efforts to thwart him/her.

AbluvianHi and welcome! And congrats on losing that pound!

k9owner Poor doggie! But better eye trouble than antifreeze trouble I suppose. Hopefully you can figure out how to make him feel more comfortable. And I feel your pain on the food last night. I have pretty good control on most things, but I know there are some trigger foods I just can't have near me. Good thing my husband doesn't ever cook or shop for food and even if he did, he's a health nut.

Diana3271 Hope you were able to get back to sleep! 3 am is way too early! I also hope you get answers with the labs. What do they look for in the labs that they don't see/find in the scratch tests? I sure hope they find something because you know there is something! SO frustrating!

stardust620 Welcome and good luck! I don't know anything about that plan, sorry!

shishkeberry Sorry about the surprise TTOM. Your body is still figuring itself all out hormone-wise. I hope they straighten out soon for you!

Alaskanlaughter (I just love tying that out - such a great user name) With the cake gone, I'm hoping the temptation is gone for you too. Rhubarb is one of my all time favorites. I just planted some in my garden and 1 of the 3 took (so far at least). I have had very few sweets since starting, but a slice of rhubarb pie with homemade ice cream was one of them!

SMess It's really hard to exercise when it's hot outside - plain and simple. Our bodies just don't like it and we should listen to them! Indoors and in AC - OK. And I don't remember if I have had a chance to post to you yet about your mom. I'm really sorry. That has to be incredibly difficult to have to stand by and watch. You're a really good daughter to be there for her like you are.

MLgibson Good just on sticking to a plan, but don't beat yourself up if you don't get to 10 pounds lost. The less you have to lose, the harder it is to lose it fast.

LarryH And good luck with the Italian restaurant (and remember, one meal of celebration is not the end of the world either)

JuhiR Yes it is darn hot in the midwest right now - so take it easy and be smart about it. And how sweet of your husband to grill up all those veggies for you! LOVE grilled veggies!

Mojojuju Welcome and hi! You have to do what works for you, but please use caution with trying to run at your weight. If it says to do it at a level of 3-4, then you should do something at a level of 3-4. An injury at this point could lay you up for months and months. of course, if running is all you love or want to do, fine, great... but there are so many other things that work. I started this journey at 255 and I started with doing a Wii game (Walk it Out). I started with walking in place on the board, then walking in place on the floor, then walking using an aerobic step. I then moved on to aerobic and strength videos and now I'm at a gym doing classes with the much fitter people, just keeping it low impact still to protect my knees. As long as my heart rate is going to where it should be, I keep the effort as low impact as possible so that I can keep my knees healthy.

mamakat I'm sorry you were feeling low yesterday. I feel that way oftentimes after a trip or after a big project or after guests visit. But you should be proud of yourself for not eating and for going shopping!

syzygy Hi and welcome! Your husband cooks for you? And will make it healthy for you too? He's a keeper! I can hardly imagine my husband cooking. He 'can' cook for sustenance, but I don't enjoy that food. So he enjoys my food!

Lindseylou Hope you are loving your new house! I can hardly imagine being mostly unpacked in a couple days - means we have too much stuff!

Sum38 You must be loving that midwest heat!!!

Still So how is being a full time mom treating you?

Diana in LA Thinking about you and hoping all is OK.

Well, I am supposed to be going to a step class in 40 minutes. Takes 20 minutes to get there. My sons are still sleeping. Our guest and my MIL is still sleeping. Man, I don't think I can make the class then! What is this conspiracy??? I just had to cancel it. There is a zumba class tonight (not likely to make it as I have a roast to cook) and so, I guess I'll be working out down in the basement. Funny how that was my preferred workout until a month ago and now I hate it! LOL Well, I don't hate it, but it goes so much faster in the gym than at home for some reason.

My son started on an antibiotic last night. Yes, it is good to have a doctor in the family. My mother in law is a psychiatrist and neurologist (double specialty), but in Europe, you have to work as a general practioner before and while you specialize. Plus, she always worked in an emergency ward at a psychiatric hospital and she would have to deal with emergency situations and sick psychiatric patients all the time.

Getting ready for vacation. bought all the stuff we need for it yesterday. And tomorrow I'll bake for it all (on a super hot day -great timing). I'm half tempted to bring the scale with me. After chastising others for thinking of doing that! If it were any other time of my cycle, I would not be tempted to do that, but this is JUST when I expect my whoosh and seeing that and FEELING the weight come off is a big mental uplifter after seeing the scale stay steady or go up for over two weeks during my stall out. But, my husband would not let me hear the end of it if I do, so I think I won't, but I want to!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #105  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

People snuck in here and posted while I was posting:

Stacygee How about some photos to share with us? With all the hard work you put in at that gym, you probably look far better than you give yourself credit for! Pictures really, really help put things in perspective and others can view them with different perspectives. We cannot see ourselves with unbiased eyes (and most of us see ourselves worse than others do).

Roadbikerchick So glad to have you back. I bought a bike recently and I can't make it up measly small hills! I hope to keep getting stronger and stronger because my true hope is to ride to work, the grocery store, etc. But then, there's weather like this - who wants to be on the hot pavement when it's near 100 degrees? Yuck!

Jomatho Speaking of pictures! Jomatho - You still haven't posted them from your halfway point and you are now well past that girl!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote