3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   People are noticing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/238159-people-noticing.html)

kellkell 07-15-2011 09:23 AM

People are noticing

I have lost 23lbs now and people are starting to notice. First during the last few weeks it was 'the looks'. You know what I mean, where you see people looking at you in an assessing way but not saying anything. This week though I have gotten two compliments! It is really motivating. Had to share.

Jomo 07-15-2011 09:35 AM

Great job on the weight loss. :bravo:

I really like your thread!

I am just dying for people to notice, but it hasn't happened yet. A friend told me that you have to lose 10% of your body weight before anyone notices. That would mean I have another 7 pounds to lose before I start getting the compliments.

My clothing is a bit too big now and I can hardly wait to be able to go into ANY store and buy clothing!

devnet 07-15-2011 09:40 AM

Awesome, congrats! Keep it up!

Angelique 07-15-2011 09:46 AM

Congratulations!! It always feels good when other people notice the result of your hard work. The CEO of my company just stopped me and told me she's been meaning to tell me how great I've been looking. She's usually not one to give out compliments so that felt great!

starfishkitty 07-15-2011 11:24 AM

Awesome job. :) Keep up the great work... it only gets better!!!

fight2winthis 07-15-2011 12:02 PM

Congrats! I get how great and motivated you must feel. Keep going, and very soon you'll be getting screams out of your friends, esp the ones you dont see often. Not to mention you'll be dishing out your own very personal weight loss 'secrets'!

RachelAnne 07-15-2011 06:40 PM

Congrats! That's such an awesome feeling! And I know what you're saying about "the looks" LOL But really it feels so good when your hard work gets noticed!

My mom was the first one to notice me when I came home from my college apartment. She kept staring at me for a long time...kind of creepily following me with her eyes wherever she went...then out of nowhere, "YOU LOST WEIGHT!" It feels great!

shishkeberry 07-15-2011 06:50 PM

I can't wait until I start getting comments! Congrats on what you've lost so far!

xxkaleidoscopic 07-16-2011 03:10 AM

That's awesome! The compliments are great motivation to keep going. :)

Beach Patrol 07-16-2011 08:36 AM

WOO HOO!!! it feels so goooood to get compliments!!! Congrats!!! you're doing great!!! :D

Mitsu23 07-19-2011 08:24 PM

Congratulations! Doesn't it make you feel good to know that all your hard work is paying off. Sometimes we see the number on the scale and we don't really think we have made big changes until someone brightens your day!!

slvrangl 07-20-2011 04:11 PM

Congrats. I was actually thinking about this the other day. Ive lost almost 20 lbs and I was wondering when people would notice. I dont feel any smaller but of couse I have to be, right? I mean, 18 pounds is a really big something!

m3k 07-20-2011 05:04 PM

Congrats! That's fantastic! I can't wait until I get that far.

doopdoop 07-20-2011 05:30 PM

I get tons of comments on my loss. It's pretty nice to get some confirmation that my hard work is paying off. Even people who would normally keep their mouths shut seem unable to keep from saying something :3

doopdoop 07-20-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slvrangl (Post 3947205)
Congrats. I was actually thinking about this the other day. Ive lost almost 20 lbs and I was wondering when people would notice. I dont feel any smaller but of couse I have to be, right? I mean, 18 pounds is a really big something!

It'll happen. There seems to be a weight when the loss really "clicks" with others. You probably look much better, but sometimes people have a hard time putting their finger on exactly why.