3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   My was fit now fat fears! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/237861-my-fit-now-fat-fears.html)

nomorexcuses 07-12-2011 02:47 AM

My was fit now fat fears!

I know that this might sound crazy but if there is anyone out there with advice that would be great.

I have gone from being a very fit athlete (190 pounds of muscle) to 274 pounds of fat in 2 years. I had always worked out and ate well up to this point.

Now I have to change the bad habits I have aquired and face a very big fear.

Fear: now that I am fat can I get fit and if I get fit can I keep it that way----I hate being judged by others.
Some people may like getting comments about loosing weight--- the strangest thing for me is that those comments make me want to eat---I do not like that type of praise.

Any thoughts:dizzy:

RudeImp 07-12-2011 04:36 AM

sure you can be fit again.. here you will get lots of motivation, inspiration and weightloss ideas..

Just set yourself up for this..
all the best :)

melodymist 07-12-2011 04:40 AM

We are all on the same road! Ofcourse you can get fit again!!!!!!

Why not start today?

FassGal 07-12-2011 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorexcuses (Post 3932170)
Some people may like getting comments about loosing weight--- the strangest thing for me is that those comments make me want to eat---I do not like that type of praise.

Any thoughts:dizzy:

For me, it depends on who the "praise" is coming from. If it is coming from someone who was mean to me about losing weight, etc. then NO, I don't want them to say anything. When that happens, I just ignore it and discuss something else as if I didn't hear what they said, and/or I just walk away (no saying "thank you", they're just stating an observation aloud and that's not a compliment). I don't care how awkward it is; no one will look out for me like I can, and I've made up my mind to never let anyone else's behavior make me want to eat!

Since you don't like that kind of praise, will you share your weightloss success with us?

You will be fit again.

onagain1 07-12-2011 06:45 PM

I completely understand how you feel. I worry about getting back into shape and then not being able to maintain. I also dread people commenting on my weight loss. I've even gone so far as to deny that I've lost weight LOL. My sister told me the other day that someone commented to her that I looked as though I'd lost a lot of weight. I could tell she was fishing to see if I had been dieting. I laughed it off and said (sarcastically), "sure, I have that's why all my clothes still fit." I hate that kind of attention, and I was glad that the person made the comment to my sister and not to me.