Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/242/192

Height: 5'6"

Default When to visit the doc to evaluate medicines?

So I just started my journey in June to better health, eating better and just starting back to the gym this week. My question is... as a guideline, at what point should I visit the doctor to be reevaluated for my high blood pressure and high cholesterol?

Just curious as to how much time it took for you to be off of meds and was it once you got to a healthy weight or before that?

I am currently on medication for both. I didn't consult my doctor before changing to healthier eating habits - that just seemed ridiculous. I mean the doctor isn't going to tell me not to eat healthier. I'm not on anything extreme, 1200 calories a day with lean protien, more greens, and better carbs (no white carbs).
Donna Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

This is what I did (now it helps I live with my MIL who is a doctor). We have a good blood pressure monitor at home. I checked it several times a day to figure out when it's the highest for me (usually around 4-7 pm). So, I take it then. And I just watched it fall. When it got to be like 105/60 consistently, I started dropping dosage. I started at 40 mg of lisinopril in January and was able to get completely off meds with exercising 6 days a week and dropping 50 pounds and in 5.5 months. I no longer need blood pressure meds.

My intake went like this: 40, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, none.

Of course, don't do this on your own volition, but do check regularly and consult with your doctor if you notice your BP coming down significantly so he/she can adjust your meds.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote