Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #106  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning All,

shish I know all about those back handed comments from MIL. There were sometimes she was just mean. But then other times she gushed over me...go figure. A woman is never good enough for a Mother's son.

berry thank you for the yoga poses and I'm glad zoodoo can introduce them to her husband. A lot of people don't realize it's not really the legs but the mind and yoga is a good way to calm them both. Only I'm not allowed to do yoga...ha, I know it sounds crazy. I'm actually not allowed to exercise at all but I just keep that out of my reports to doctors And kind of stretching causes my joints to dislocate and boy that is painful. So I resorted to my meds last night and guess what they didn't work either. So I went down stairs and did the dishes and puts around.

I have no idea why my mind won't shut down, I thought I was over this. I'm anxious about something and it sucks not know what. Maybe it's cooking and shopping. And dingy me got a plot in her head for today's exercise. We are hoping to move back to AZ one of these days but our house is very old and in need of tons of repairs. DH does them all but he starts and then gets busy (he owns his own company). I promised I would do some things that I'm capable of doing and painting is one. SO I thought today would be a good day to paint the stair well. I have a color picked out in my head. And there in lies the problem. I had to think of what I needed and what I'd wear (decided on old fat clothes so I don't ruin my clothes) I suck at painting. I painted this whole house 11 years ago before the actual wall starting falling down. We had gorgeous wood flooring. My husband said I painted the floor more than the walls...so we had to get carpeting! I'm going to try to do better.
Gee sorry I got way to windy. I'm down another pound bringing me to 249. I need 6 more to get to my lowest and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Well I'm off to eat and go to Home Depot.
I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #107  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just got back from the "all new" bodystep class. I am EXHAUSTED, but I could tell so was everyone else in the class and I weigh a good 30 pounds more than anyone else in the class. (sucks to be the only person with a pooch and I don't mean a doggy!)

Diana3271 Sorry to hear Magnum is having a hard day today. My thoughts are with you. Poor puppy.

jomatho I'm glad you are feeling good and a garage sale. I've done exactly ONE and wow, the amount of work to do that is HUGE, wow! Good luck with that!

Mamakat I get wound up too when I get excited about something. I've been like that since I was a kid and even things, like yes, painting, etc can do that to me. Speaking of paiting, we have a couple areas yet to paint.

And, about your wood floors. Man, if you have wood floors and want to sell, get the carpets off and get that paint off the floor. And, btw, you can get the drops up immediately. Your resale value will sky rocket if you say you have wood. (Or if you don't take off the carpeting at least advertise prominently that you have hardwood floors under the carpeting.)

iamerican Hi!!! Hope all is going well!

Lindseylou Nice to see you pop in! When is move in date? And PICTURES!!!

alaskanlover It's amazing how fast our body rebels those crap foods isn't it? Good thing is that it makes those foods less appealing. And girl, USE SUNSCREEN!!!

jeniansmom hope you get to feeling better and fingers crossed the weigh in good numbers stick!

IsabellaOlivia Yay to being at a healthy body weight range! Woohoo! I can't want to be just 'overweight'. I hate the word "obese"!

Zoodoo Way to go on getting back to your all time low. you must have passed your extra weight to me this morning - thank you very much! ;-) And good for you with pushing yourself on that walk!

Jomo Good job for keeping it up!

SMess I don't know... I am a pretty good water weight retainer! It's crazy! Good news -it does eventually come off!

Abbysue Way to go on upping your step count! Every extra step has value! Way to go!

Darius Hi!!!

Vixsin I hope you got some sleep last night and feel better and more rested today!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #108  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey guys!!! Stopping in for my bi-monthly check in! lol Still hangin in there. Weigh in last night netted me 4.2 lbs for the week.....NOT NORMAL! lol I was at 186.4 for a total loss of 48 lbs this year so far. I am officially 11.5 lbs away from being no longer obese!!! Can't remember if, when I married almost 18 years ago, I was at 183 or 181, but either way, I'm happily VERY close to what I weighed when I married! Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit stoked this morning!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Diana!

Gah! Know what happens when I have 3 low calorie days in a row? I get hungry. Today will not be a low calorie day, that's certain. A reasonable calorie day is still within shot though. I'm at 850 calories with 9-10 hours before bed. Wish me luck!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #110  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning...surprisingly i slept really well for being sunburned and then sick from smores...i DID wear sunscreen yesterday and so did the kids, we even applied it several times but we all got burned anyhow...my skin feels very tight and hard to walk today with the burned skin on my legs...but it will get better soon...it wont be as hot today and we'll be home so even if the kids play outside, i wont be outside...im drinking lots of extra water today to keep hydrated after the sunburn too
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #111  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Hey guys!!! Stopping in for my bi-monthly check in! lol Still hangin in there. Weigh in last night netted me 4.2 lbs for the week.....NOT NORMAL! lol I was at 186.4 for a total loss of 48 lbs this year so far. I am officially 11.5 lbs away from being no longer obese!!! Can't remember if, when I married almost 18 years ago, I was at 183 or 181, but either way, I'm happily VERY close to what I weighed when I married! Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit stoked this morning!
Yay Diana!!!! Great news and doesn't it feel great to be at about your wedding weight? (I'm about there too). Put on your wedding dress when you get to that weight and show it off!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #112  
CB

S/C/G: 217.6/195.6/145

Height: 5'5

The past two weekends I haven't logged any calories, ate pretty poorly, drank a more-than-moderate amount, and was tempted Monday to stop considering this a daily occurence. Just quit counting calories, it's all such a hassle, etc. etc.
It's been a rough couple of weeks on exercise. Over the past five days, I've only been home one hour tops every evening (which is usually when I use the treadmill). I fit walks in on the side -- four miles on Saturday, two yesterday (up quite a steep hill!) but my spirits were flagging because I've lagged behind on my intentions to complete C25K.

Well, I didn't give up. I'm still counting (and will start counting weekends) and I can say that it definitely gets easier. I gained a few pounds two weeks ago, and realized after weighing myself this morning and logging in just now that I'm lighter today than I was before the 4th of July weekend started.
This just goes to prove, even with imperfections, discipline works. My biggest impediment is my own attitude, which is actually quite improved.
Back to C25K this evening, and hopefully a more peaceful schedule.
surfinqssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #113  

[QUOTE=berryblondeboys;3934721]jomatho I'm glad you are feeling good and a garage sale. I've done exactly ONE and wow, the amount of work to do that is HUGE, wow! Good luck with that!QUOTE]

No kidding! I think I forgot how much work goes into these things, but I am already too far into it to go back now. I told DH from now on I will itemize, donate and claim it on the taxes. Live and learn. Course, this is how I am getting the kids to help, I promised them a cut if they pitch in. Not sure they would be so eager if we were claiming it on our taxes
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #114  
Melissa

Having tacos for supper tonight. They will be well within my calorie range, but with the sodium I'll be up in weight tomorrow. Want to take bets in how much more? I'm going to guess now, with no idea of today's trend that I'll weight 1.8 pounds more tomorrow morning than I do now. Which would put me at 199.4. Just squeaking by with staying under 200 pounds (which surprisingly I haven't gone over since getting there).

It's worth the sodium gain though as besides the sodium it is so nutritious. We use organic beef, black beans, seasoning (homemade this time), lots of red leaf lettuce, homemade salsa, green peppers, avocados and a bit of shredded Mexican cheese blend and only two taco shells for crunch (a whole grain kind which is lower carb). Calorie total will be about 700 for the meal which is basically two huge bowls of taco salad as we eat it as a salad. Yummo!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 07-13-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Hi ladies!!

Did well yesterday, came in at 1500 calories. Today is going well...so far I'm coming in at 850, but haven't had dinner yet. I'm off to do our final walk thru...get to see the house one more time before it's OURS.

Hope y'all have a great day!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #116  
Lifelong Alaskan!

i looked at one of those online calorie counter things that said i need to eat 2110 calories per day to lose weight...that seems like ALOT....i havent typically done calorie counting but i'm thinking it might work along with low carb to break a stall...i've been hovering between 209-211 for 5 weeks now....shouldnt i eat more like 1500 or so to lose weight? what do you all think?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

mlgibson- I like the new avatar!

k9- YAY for whooshes!

lindseylou- Happy Anniversary!

alaskanlaughter- 5 hours on the beach!! I am so jealous, I don't envy your sunburn though!! Hope it starts to feel better! Smores are so delicious but so not worth all that after stuff!

erica- I guess I kind of keep track in my food journal but a running tally might not be a bad idea. Let me know how it works for you.

jeniansmom- Don't underestimate the small steps. Any step in the right direction is progress!

Shishkeberry- Happy birthday!!

jomatho- Good luck with getting all your stuff together for a yard sale. Thats always a ton of work!

isabella- congratulations! One day I will be able to make that same post!

zoodoo- I misread your post and thought you said you did 3 miles in 16 minutes! I was AMAZED. And then I re read it. Still amazed, keep up the good work!

jo-As long as its still going down!

mamakat- How did the painting go?

melissa- your tacos sound delicious!

Yesterday my calories burned was at 2950. Still havent broken the 3000 barrier but I know I am getting closer everyday! Steps were right around 8000 too. Food was on plan. Baby is done letting mommy play on the computer now !!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #118  
Lifelong Alaskan!

it WAS alot of fun on the beach....it's a real beach too with sand and ocean and a playground right above the shoreline beach...most alaskan beaches are rocky and full of seaweed and driftwood....between my friend and i, we had 8 children to supervise there....ages 5 months, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 10 and 12...but it was easy because they are all old enough to play either in front of us at the shoreline or behind us on the playground....wish we could have been there longer

i am so sunburned though...ive done a few things to take the pain down but my arms and legs are still very swollen, bright red and hard to move because the skin moves and then hurts...i dont see any blisters yet though so that's good

DH is recovering well from his surgery but his mood is just foul...ugh...very paranoid that i'm "doing things to piss him off" and very rotten mood and quick anger...i think it's partly because he's still on some strong painkillers but still...
Old 07-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I just got home from getting my hair cut. I am going to try to get into bed early, so I won't be doing personals tonight. Magnum is still with us. He ate, drank, pooped, peed, wagged his tail, followed me around, slept, and doesn't seem to be in pain. I don't guess you can ask for any more. He really started his day off not feeling well. I guess we will be going day by day from here on out.

The Japanese restaurant was delish! Along the same lines as Berry, does anyone want to guess at my gain for tomorrow? Just like Berry, the calories are ok, but I'm sure the sodium will jump on me.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Rice 400 calories
Teriyaki Beef 400 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #120  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Again, thank you all for the birthday wishes.
So I figured out the calories for my chicken ala king, and it was a lot less than I thought! Only 280 a serving, which is about 1 cup. I make mine with chicken, red peppers, vidalia onion, canned peas, hungry jack pancake mix (i was out of flour lol) sour cream, parsley flakes and chicken broth. So it was a bit high with sodium, but the calories were relatively low. FGMIL came over and gave me a birthday card with ten bucks, so I took my son out for ice cream after dinner at brusters. I stuck with just one scoop of oreo in a dish, instead of two scoops in a waffle cone. Better than what I would have done three months ago.
Oh, and I did make it to the gym this morning. 401 calories burned on just the treadmill alone and I also did a half hour of strength training. I'm pretty proud of myself. I made it a whole half hour walking at my normal pace (2.9) but I made it harder by setting the incline at 8. It was so hard but I made myself finish! Yay!
Now it's time to start planning for my kids' birthday party. They're two days apart and their party is in three weeks. My little girl will be 1! Wow!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote