Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #76  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Awesome job mlgibson!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #77  
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Morning all!

I have a random day off today - I think I'm going to use it to start working on my latest free-lance job, designing facebook pages for a local franchise. It's the kind of work I like, where I can do things at my own pace and still make a decent paycheck from it. I'm going to have to take some classes in html scripting before I navigate beyond facebook, but right now I'm just taking things slow. I'm thinking maybe if my mom is having a good day that I can put her out in the back yard with the sunshine. She loves watching the new dog (a black lab named Millie, 20 months old) run around like a crazy woman, and it makes me feel better to get her away from the TV. Everybody's happy!

shishkeberry: You worked at Hershey? I worked at Dorney! Had a job there for six years, three years in high school and three in college. I worked in admissions and customer service. I'd have much rather been in ride ops. We never had too many happy customers coming into say thanks, mostly outraged parents complaining about having to pay the adult price for their 50-inch-tall 9 year old. Although, I don't know how I would have fared smelling like chocolate all the time... My birthday is August 15th, and I can't remember the last time I wasn't working on it. This year will be the first time in forever... I'll be flying on the 15th this year, coming back from abroad. Yipee!!

K9Owner: If it makes you feel any better, my dad told me I wasn't allowed to date until I was 35. And he was completely serious. Although, hiding all those men (really, just one) did add a little spice to things...

alaskan: Glad to hear things went well with your husband! When everybody's feeling better you should definitely make an epic journey to an amusement park. It's great to go, even just once, and it makes a wonderful memory for the little ones.

Pint: I don't think I've been on the forum since you last posted, so hello! I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but I'm so proud of you for taking the situation into your own hands and doing what needed to be done. My grandparents fought viciously with each other when they were married, but after they divorced they eventually ended up becoming really close friends. From the sound of things, that's the direction you and your husband are headed in, and I hope things are able to turn out well.

jeniansmom: Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you, but AC does make a world of difference. There's no way I'd be able to get my jillian workout done without it.

Diana: Congrats on the pound!

MayoLover: I used to be a frozen dinner junkie myself. They're just so darn convenient! But now I can't even bring myself to open the freezer and look at them, they just make me feel gross!

zoodoo: Congrats on getting back OP! I also love summer produce. There's a million farmer's markets in my area, and I just love picking up potatoes that still got dirt on em'!

Berry: So glad to hear that both your son AND yourself have gotten some rest. Worrying over sick kids is the worst. Glad to hear things are on the up and up, and I hope they stay that way!

mamakat: Wow, I can see why you want to stay hydrated! I've always been big on drinking H2O, I just get really thirsty all the time! It's only been recently that I've discovered just how beneficial it is.

mlgibsion: WOO HOO!!!! 12.25 inches! That's amazing, great work!!!

vixsin: Congrats on toughing it out and finishing the workout! That's also a huge deal for me too - I love the feel of being able to finish something so challenging.

My weigh in for this week is 231.4, which is less than it was three days ago but still pretty high in terms of WW. I swear, the women in my family gain more WW than just about everybody I know. My mom and I both average 5lbs of gain, and my grandmother said she was usually about 3-4. Crazy! But I'm happy to say that I finished day 2 of week 1 on the Ripped program. I thought being sore from the day before would make it worse, but I actually wasn't that sore and it felt good to move around and reallllly sweat. Now, if I can just get my diet re-focused after this weekend, I'll be all set!

Have a great day, everybody!
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #78  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to hop on and give you a little update and hopefully explain why I've been MIA.

Long story short, I left my husband. I got so burned out with his tantrums, drinking and overall negativity. Finally, during one fight, he blamed me for the dog eating his cake and called me a lazy *ss, as well as a terrible wife and mother. All in front of the kids. He told the kids I was going to leave, they thought I was going to leave them and became hysterical. Once I assured them I wasn't leaving, he told them I was going to take them and move away from HIM. They asked if it was true, still crying, and I told them yes. I packed the car full, stayed the night with a friend (during one of the most violent thunderstorms since the tornado) and drove the 12 hours back to my home state the next morning.

I haven't focused on weight loss, for obvious reasons, but I haven't gained anything. I've hooked the Wii up and will be able to work out for the first time since I got here 2 weeks ago. (GOD IT SEEMS LIKE I'VE BEEN HERE SO MUCH LONGER THAN THAT!!!)

I'm living in a VERY good community. It's honestly like Mayberry. One cop on duty every shift, all the neighbors know each other and get along (some tolerate), everyone takes pride in how well groomed their yards and houses are... No one even has to lock their doors at night. For real. I'm living with my aunt and uncle right now, but there are plenty of places I can rent once I have a job. I also have an interview at a really hard job, it's factory work, but a well paying job with GREAT benefits. My aunt works there and pulled some strings to get me on. The kids are adjusting. They miss Daddy of course, but I make a point of letting them call every night to talk to him about their day and say goodnight. If they want to call him at other times, I let them. Hubby is fairly accepting about all of this and we are able to communicate MUCH better over the phone. He even commented that he thinks he likes our relationship better as friends. I don't know about that, but yeaaah...

That's my update! I hope to keep up with the boards, but I doubt it will be much more frequent than a couple of times a week at best, at least until I get my own internet access.

Keep up the good work guys and gals!
Wow. Good for you, leaving such a negative situation. I hope things continue to look up for you and your children.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #79  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

This is totally RANDOM and totally off my USUAL routine, but
this is just for you MELISSA--b/c you have been so hard-core on me about water weight and not freaking out over the slightest little fluctuations!

If anyone remembers, I gained the week before last and only lost 0.2 last week, had a decent weekend, but gained after I did "core" abwork on Saturday, then gained again after Sunday's feast at my mom's. I really didn't stress too much about it--even though all those gains were 3.6 lbs
So, this morning, I graced my scale and had a 3.6 lb WOOSH!

Thank you, Melissa, for coaching me through--even though you didn't realize at the time I was really listening to you!

The wonderful people on this thread has been the key source to my endurance on this race with modifying my lifestyle and eating habits. And, I'd like to personally thank each of you!

You guys ROCK!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
this is just for you MELISSA--b/c you have been so hard-core on me about water weight and not freaking out over the slightest little fluctuations!

If anyone remembers, I gained the week before last and only lost 0.2 last week, had a decent weekend, but gained after I did "core" abwork on Saturday, then gained again after Sunday's feast at my mom's. I really didn't stress too much about it--even though all those gains were 3.6 lbs

Thank you, Melissa, for coaching me through--even though you didn't realize at the time I was really listening to you!

The wonderful people on this thread has been the key source to my endurance on this race with modifying my lifestyle and eating habits. And, I'd like to personally thank each of you!

You guys ROCK!!
Whoa! That's nice to see, isn't it! Great job!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #81  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

You guys ROCK!!
Ah, you're welcome! And you've helped us all here too - that's what's great about this site and this thread. WIth all our experiences and heads, we can puzzle through this together easier than alone!

And Woohoo!!!! Gotta love big whooshes!!!! (Even though those water gains are hard to handle while they are happening).

Ok, off to go pump some iron.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #82  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning! im still tired today from my stressful day yesterday...i didnt get around to the closet cleaning yesterday because we got an invite at the last minute to join a friend and her daycare kids at the big playground by the lake...so as soon as DH went to the hospital, my son and i went down there for several hours and it helped keep my mind off DH and keep myself busy...it was really hot yesterday too and it's going to be hot today also...i'm taking the kids to the beach today while it's nice out...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Everyone!

My numbers from yesterday were 8640 steps walked. Which is much closer to my goal of 10000 a day. 1340 calories consumed. 2987 calories burned. My legs and feet are a little sore today but I believe that is because I didn't wear shoes yesterday while I did my dvd. ( BAD BAD BAD idea)

The baby feels better today and I only have 2 daycare kids instead of 3 so today should be a little less chaotic. Went to another overeaters anonymous meeting last night and I got up the nerve to talk. After the meeting about 5 different people came up to me and thanked me for sharing so that felt really good. I was supposed to call someone from there this morning but apparently didn't save the number in my phone correctly! Ah!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day today!!!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Helllloooo ladies!

Been doing ok since I posted last. Yesterday was DH & I's anniversary so I splurged a little, but today I'm happy to report I've been on track all day and intend to stay on track for dinner.

Off to work on homework...yippee! Hope y'all are doing fabulous!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #85  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

It's already July 13th here where I am so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHISHKEBERRY!!!!
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #86  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Evening All,
I had the worst restless leg last night so I ended up crashing today for 3 hours! Only after I made myself breakfast, lunch and snack. I also got in my 12 miles and lower body weights.
I'm sad though because my youngest is staying over a friend's and it's soo hot today that DH wants to bring home pizza instead of cook. I shopped and planned for the whole week. Oh well. I will have to suffer pizza toppings (no crust) bluk. I wish I would've remembered chef salad before hanging up. I was still waking up from nap.
I had a 3# whoosh and am almost back to my lower weight. I'll change ticker every Monday if I can remember. Berry I looked up the water thing and you're right there's such a thing of too much. Which stinks because if I'm calculating this right those tumblers I drink from are just a bit over 1litre. I've already had 5 and I'm thirsty! All the articles suggested around 2. It's going to be hard for me to drink slower, but I guess I must do what I must do...but starting tomorrow. What? I said I was thirsty
I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy night.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #87  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

mamakat I tend to have problems with restless legs when I'm over tired, so it's a terrible spiral - I get more tired because of restless legs and then I get them more often.

I will say, however, I haven't had to deal with them for at least 4 months, so i think getting thinner and fitter is helping - a lot.

But, a real world friend sent me some info on a yoga pose to do for restless legs and it's called the "legs up the wall" pose. So, on the nights I have this, I 'll go to the family room and do this for 5-10 minutes and it works for me! I can go back to sleep and the legs calm down.

Hope it helps you!

http://blog.gaiam.com/blog/6-yoga-poses-for-insomnia/
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #88  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Thank you, darius!
SMess, yeah I worked there for three seasons 99-01. I was dumb and quit to spend more time with my then BF. I miss working there. The pay was crappy but the perks were awesome.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #89  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

very very sunburned today...5 hours on the beach with 4 kids...went over on my carbs, not an outrageous amount but because all that was with us to eat was kids food and i ate a little of it...not alot, not a pig-out on kids' treats, but enough to push my carbs higher than i'd like...am dreading going out to run errands later because i'm so sunburned that my skin hurts...i've sunburned before to the point where most of my body is covered in blisters and i'm sunsick and nauseous...i'm not there yet today but when my skin starts to hurt when i move, it's time to head inside
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
mamakat I tend to have problems with restless legs when I'm over tired, so it's a terrible spiral - I get more tired because of restless legs and then I get them more often.

I will say, however, I haven't had to deal with them for at least 4 months, so i think getting thinner and fitter is helping - a lot.

But, a real world friend sent me some info on a yoga pose to do for restless legs and it's called the "legs up the wall" pose. So, on the nights I have this, I 'll go to the family room and do this for 5-10 minutes and it works for me! I can go back to sleep and the legs calm down.

Hope it helps you!

http://blog.gaiam.com/blog/6-yoga-poses-for-insomnia/
Ooh, I'm excited by this! I don't have sleeping trouble, but my husband does. I'm going to try to get him to go through the routine with me. He's done some yoga, but could probably use some help figuring them out.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote