3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   When is your most challenging time of day? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/236311-when-your-most-challenging-time-day.html)

luckymommy 06-23-2011 12:55 AM

When is your most challenging time of day?

It has suddenly dawned on me that if I could just hold it together from 8pm-10pm every night, I would probably have reached goal a long time ago. It seems like every night, I struggle so much at this time. So, I end up eating a little more of this and a little more of that. Some days, I white knuckle it and just avoid munching....it is often still within my calorie range, but still, it's tough.

Then, there are the nights when I'm super frustrated and I binge so that's where my calories go off track. Over the last few weeks, I've been going up and down by a few lbs.

Tonight, I have decide that I need to suck it up and just get it together. I have got to beat this thing and if I can just do it from 8-10, I should be good.

So...what about you...do you have a specific time of day that you struggle with the most? Or, is it just me? ;)

mypinkpolkadot 06-23-2011 01:04 AM

hmm.. when I get home from work... or right after i eat dinner..

when i get home from work im usually hungry and if dinner isn't ready.. oh boy i find something to hold me over..

and AFTER i eat dinner.. i go into the kitchen and take bites of the food left on the stove...omg so bad.. then i look for something sweet ._.

Alexandre 06-23-2011 01:07 AM

My most challenging time is when I am studying in college because there I encounter a lot of excitement in life....Challenge about taking an exam by which if you cant study your lesson you need to remember all the topics that you had taken during your class session.....Then after the exam if I got low score the next time I concentrate study my lesson at night before I sleep and go to bed....That was my challenging time.....

alaskanlaughter 06-23-2011 01:16 AM

my hardest time is at night also, evenings, after everyone is settled down for the night, the kids are settled, and my housework is done for the night...then i want to relax and munch on something...lately i've gotten better at it though...i have a couple of low carb snacks that i can use, like a sweet protein smoothie, that will fill my need for something sweet and cold...also i find that if i space my eating apart by several hours, like i'm supposed to for my blood sugar levels anyhow, then i won't nibble the evening away...for instance, i'll eat dinner around 6ish and tell myself that in 2-3 hours i can have one more thing before bed, then i won't have that urge to nibble dinner leftovers, or what the kids didn't eat, or what's sitting in the fridge as i clean the kitchen...and in 2-3 hours, i will make a little protein snack, usually something sweet and cold, and then i am fine until bedtime....also i find that by adding up my carbs in my food notebook and flipping the page to tomorrow, for some reason stops the munching as well...very few times have i nibbled after i turn the page to tomorrow and those times was to give in to a SUPER CRAVE that i probably had been wanting all day anyhow lol

Mickey79sf 06-23-2011 01:26 AM

oddly enough, for me its about 1 am.. i take the night shift with my baby and after she gets her feeding mama kinda wants a feeding to.. i have been trying to just go to sleep around 11 so that i have to wake up to feed her and then im too sleepy wanna do anything but change and feed her :)

shishkeberry 06-23-2011 01:36 AM

Ugh, after midnight when my DF gets home from work. I stay up to spend some time with him after he gets home and that's when he eats dinner. It's hard to watch him eat and not eat something.

Porthardygurl 06-23-2011 03:16 AM

I would say between 11am and 4pm..Im used to eating breaky late and eating lots and lots of carb cereals..and then at 4pm when i used to eat my good snacks..aka..chips.. But now that im almost carbless and on a fixed eating plan i find myself craving these simple things that sometimes drive me up the wazzoo during the day and it makes me irritated at times too

geoblewis 06-23-2011 04:00 AM

My biggest challenge is snacking from 3 pm to 9 pm. No matter if I eat a good breakfast and healthy lunch, make healthy snack choices in between, etc., I still want to eat between 3 and 9. So I stopped fighting it. That's when I eat. I make really healthy choices, limit calories, and skip eating the rest of the day. It works out great. I'm naturally not hungry in the mornings, don't feel the need to eat late at night, so eating all my calories during my window of time works out fine. And I'm losing weight.

darius 06-23-2011 04:16 AM

This is a good idea for a thread. Mine is 6pm to 10pm.

Riestrella 06-23-2011 07:06 AM

Probably either just before dinner or after dinner. Snacking around the evening is my downfall!

booskibabe 06-23-2011 07:27 AM

Evening snacking seems to be a common theme. That's definitely my trouble spot! I can do great all morning and through lunch, but the evening snacking gets me every time. I can easily eat 1,000 extra calories after dinner, and so far I haven't found a way to get through it. Maybe I should do as some of you have and just white knuckle it.

krampus 06-23-2011 08:30 AM

Thursday nights. I used to jokingly call it "Binge Eating Thursday" in December because I'd lose the plot and inhale tons of food on Thursdays. My pattern is low calorie (under 1500) M-Th, with higher calorie allowances (usually total free for alls) Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It is Thursday night now and I am sitting here fighting with myself over whether to eat a fiber bar. I'm right about where I want to be calories-wise but I'm pretty darn hungry and too weak/tired to exercise...

runningfromfat 06-23-2011 08:41 AM

Um, yeah, we have about the exact same problem. I'll do GREAT until DH comes home from work (so about the same time as you) and then he eats like crazy and then I normally eat to. I NEED to learn not to eat just because he is eating. This is really by far my biggest struggle. Add to it that he HATES veggies so he normally ends up eating a lot of crap.

berryblondeboys 06-23-2011 08:43 AM

I guess I'm a morning person and my metabolism is geared to rev up during the day. I am RARELY hungry after 7 pm - even if I stay up until 1 am. We eat our biggest meal of the day around 6:30 pm and that meal is usuall around 600 calories. So, for me, it's keeping the hungries in check all during the day so that I can enjoy my big dinner. In my ideal world, we would eat our biggest meal around 1 pm and eat something light at 6:30 pm, but American lifestyle doesn't really allow for that and our dinnertimes together as a family are really important as it's the only time during the day we are all sitting together and 'bonding' together.

The way I've tried to counter that is to really eat a nice, filling breakfast that holds me for quite awhile (no carbs/low carb - lots of protein and fats). Then I eat a smallish lunch and then my big dinner and nothing else even tempts me the rest of the day.

Even my thirst - thirsty until about 7 pm and then that tapers off too. Kind of strange!

My husband is opposite he eats a normal sized breakfast, hardly anything for lunch, a HUGE dinner and then a sizeable snack around 10 pm. He's a night owl and is raring to go and do things come 10 pm - about the time I'm crashing. (By the way, he's thin).

Redgrl 06-23-2011 08:54 AM

Night time is my worse time as well. This go-round of trying to make permanent changes instead of temporary ones, I'm trying to go with the flow. I've always been a late night eater and have never had success at curbing it for long. So now I'm having a 10pm snack on purpose. I'm saving enough calories and usually have a greek yogurt and a vitatop, or two vitatops. If I want something more crunchy, I toast the vitatop. If I want sweet, I microwave one of the chocolate ones.