Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #1  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Default getting back on the wagon...motivation?

hey everyone-

it's been a while since i've posted, mostly because i fell off the wagon about 2-3 months ago. I've gained about 7lbs, which blows, but honestly, it could have been worse considering my eating patterns and lack of movement.
i've decided that it's time to clean up my act. i went to san francisco for a job interview (fingers crossed!!) and came back to my empty fridge. i went shopping and got all my basics for following WW. i also planned my meals for the next week and have vowed to get back into my yoga routine.
i just don't want to fail again. i know a lot of you out there (myself included) have gotten back on the wagon after a hiatus and have dealt with obstacles on the journey...just needing some encouragement and motivation from my fellow 3fc'ers

also, i'm currently still unemployed (BOO), and i want to make the most of this time i have to work on my health.

thank you all
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #2  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Wow, your story sounds a lot like mine! I also "fell off the wagon" and gained about 7 pounds slowly over the last few months. I completely understand where you are coming from. I was able to stay strong and lose weight for over a year but now I struggle every day to find the strength I had. My best advice to to keep coming here and stay accountable for your choices. I know, for myself, when I stop coming to 3FC, it usually means I am off track and feeling guilty over my food choices. We can all do this together!
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #3  
PT & Nutritionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillupthesky View Post
hey everyone-

it's been a while since i've posted, mostly because i fell off the wagon about 2-3 months ago. I've gained about 7lbs, which blows, but honestly, it could have been worse considering my eating patterns and lack of movement.
i've decided that it's time to clean up my act. i went to san francisco for a job interview (fingers crossed!!) and came back to my empty fridge. i went shopping and got all my basics for following WW. i also planned my meals for the next week and have vowed to get back into my yoga routine.
i just don't want to fail again. i know a lot of you out there (myself included) have gotten back on the wagon after a hiatus and have dealt with obstacles on the journey...just needing some encouragement and motivation from my fellow 3fc'ers

also, i'm currently still unemployed (BOO), and i want to make the most of this time i have to work on my health.

thank you all
Can I just ask what type of things you bought whilst shopping?

Also, can I ask what type of physical activity do you do at the moment? (if you don't mind me asking that is )

Also, I don't know if anyone has ever told you this but never go shopping on an empty stomach, you tend to make wrong/bad choices in that situation.

One of my clients has a photograph of herself on the cupboard where she kept her biscuits and crisps (chips in the states), if she ever had a bad day and felt the need to reach for the bad stuff, she would see the picture of herself as she used to be! That would be enough to make her reach for a complex carb fruit salad snack, which is just as satisfying as a biscuit or bar of chocolate but with the added benefit that it won't store as fat in her body.

You seem like a strong person, I know you fell off the wagon but you have the strength to admit that and then the strength to get back on the wagon so I'm positive you can use that strength and determination to not just stay on the wagon but even take over driving it

I wish you all the motivation in the world.

Craig
TotalFitPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

It sounds like you're taking some great steps forward and are developing a plan to make yourself successful! Remind yourself why all this hard work is worth it and all the reasons you want to lose weight- let those be your motivation when it starts to get hard again. Weight loss isn't linear; that was a hard one for me to accept. We all have our ups and downs- the important thing is that we don't give up on ourselves. You deserve to have whatever possible life you can imagine for your self! Stay strong .
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 148/135/118

It's great that you're getting back on the wagon! I'm a teacher, and I'm restarting my weight loss journey again as well. Over the summer, I will not be working, much like you, so I'm taking that time to double up at the gym!
psuajblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #6  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

thank you all for the encouragement! i appreciate it immensely...

@ TotalFitPT- i bought basics- eggs, milk, low fat cheese, produce, nutrigrain waffles, 100-cal packs, fruit, yogurt, lentils for soup, low cal bread, deli ham, a whole chicken that i roasted yesterday for quick meals, veggie burgers, that sort of thing. as far as movement, i was exercising intermittently (running), but i'm getting back into yoga. i was always pretty good at it, and it tones me up well. thank you for your kind words!

@ sweetnlow- i'm totally with you on being on 3fc- when i'm not around, it's cause i fell off. i forgot how much being here and posting/reading threads keeps me motivated an accountable- we can do this!

@ tuende- thank you! it is a journey, but sometimes i wish for instant gratification, lol...but yes, everyday is another shot to turn it around i'm also in seattle, btw- can't wait for SUMMER! lol

@ psuajblue- thank you for your words! we should take advantage of having the time off!

thanks again for responding and offering me much needed encouragement!

xo

Last edited by fillupthesky; 06-20-2011 at 01:19 PM.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #7  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Yes, I seriously cannot wait for the sun! Wednesday is supposed to be nice...fingers crossed. Imma go for a run or hike or something since it may be July 5th before the sun comes back!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

You aren't alone, and you can do this =)

It sounds like you're making the right choices to get back up, dust yourself off, and continue to make better decisions for yourself!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote