Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #91  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Great job zoodoo! My DF bought chips the other day and I'm one of those people that will sit there and eat a whole bag. I made myself weigh it out and I stuck to one serving. That's i big victory for me. Now here's to hoping that I don't stick my hand in the bag again today.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 317/273/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm sort of new to 3FC. I joined a couple of years ago but didn't keep up. I'm back and enjoying the threads.

My mail goal each day is to get some sort of exercise and to eat healthy even if I eat things that aren't as good for me. In other words, if I eat a piece of chocolate cake, I better eat a spinach salad as well!

I am trying to get the heath benefits and believe it or not, it seems to be making me not want the other stuff as much. I guess my body is getting more nutrients or something. Or maybe at almost 50, my brain is finally getting the hang of it. Nah, it's probably the nutrients!

Today I realized that the hills in my neighborhood (lots!), aren't as hard as they used to be.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #93  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
alaskanlaughter- wow! Your carbs are so low! How do you keep them that low, if you don't mind me asking? And welcome!
i try to stick very much with what i know works well with my body and my blood sugar levels...i stick to low-carb options like veggies, meats, cream, eggs, stuff like that...i make my own shakes from protein powder, splash of cream, handful of frozen berries....sometimes sugar free pudding mix powder is good in a smoothie but it adds carbs

i try to keep fruits low because they dont sit well with my blood sugar despite the fact i could LIVE(!) off of fruit and be happy LOL in fact that's what upped my carbs yesterday is because i had an apple and some watermelon....my carbs were also up a bit because i had a few bites of junk before giving it to my son lol

i eat alot of things like tuna salad on lettuce...taco meat on lettuce...hard boiled eggs with mayo...i make lots of meat and veggies for dinners, like baked pork with a side of veggies...

i'm not strictly on Atkins but i try to do as low carb as i can handle because it is easier on my blood sugar levels...i stopped testing my BS levels because i know what works and what doesnt...flour and sugar are the worst, followed shortly by rice and starchy veggies, followed by high-sugar fruits...everything else seems to be okay to eat so far...

i can't handle doing a strict "diet plan" because too many rules imposed by others just doesn't sit well with me...i hate (HATE!) being told what to do but i take the main idea of Atkins combined with how a diabetic needs to eat (which is where i will be following pre-diabetic if i don't behave now) and that's what i'm aiming for
Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #94  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Great job zoodoo! My DF bought chips the other day and I'm one of those people that will sit there and eat a whole bag. I made myself weigh it out and I stuck to one serving. That's i big victory for me. Now here's to hoping that I don't stick my hand in the bag again today.
Potato chips are a particularly dangerous food for me to have in the house.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #95  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I went to my second Zumba class in a different gym with a different instructor. It was completely different. This was completely low impact (and no it was not Zumba Gold - but the instructor was 50 plus - though very fit) and there was only ONE song/routine that was the same from the class I took on Monday. The class was super crowded and I couldn't see the instructor and there was no one in the class good enough to follow instead of the instructor, so I struggled a bit more even though the choreography was actually a bit easier tonight.

This classroom also had mirrors, but, I'm learning, unbelievably, I'm more coordinated than most of the people in these classes. I was towards the back so I couldn't see much of myself, but maybe it will be good to see my form reflected back at me a bit so I can improve.

All in all it was a good workout and my son had a blast in the KidSpace area, so it was a win/win.

I also 'think' I have ovulated, so my weight should start coming down. Took several days last month, but I can hope this month I'll start dropping this water weight a bit faster.

Oh, I'm also checking my blood sugar in 1.5 hours more. I had watermelon this evening and I want to see it's effect on my blood sugar. I sure hope it's not something I'll have to give up! Kind of hard to pair watermelon with a fat or protein!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #96  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Another person here who though iamerican was just super patriotic!

Csalove How did it go at the gym?

Jomatho Great job on the walk! Swimming is great exercise and relaxing, too.

Shishkeberry Hi

Zoodoo Congrats on the .4.

Amy3469 Hi and Welcome! Good to have you join us.

K9 I haven't played tennis in years. That would be fun! Except, it's too hot and I don't have anyone to play with. Imagine the fun we could have if we lived near our online buddies.

Pint Congrats on the 3 pounds.

Abbysue If you feel hungrier at night, maybe you can rearrange your calories. We eat out for dinner and I need a higher calorie allotment at that time. I had to rearrange my calories to make it work for me.

Elizabethyellow Hi and Welcome! It's good to have you join us.

Mamakat Great job on the 8.5 miles and .2 pounds! Sorry about the bipolar episode. How are you feeling tonight?

Diana(LA) Hi It's good to see you check-in.

Still I'm basically doing the exact things while in maintenance. I think people get in trouble when they start making too many changes. Great job on still going to the gym as planned.

Redgrl Hi and Welcome! It's good to have you join us.

Alaskanlaughter I think eating lower carb helps with sugar cravings, too.

Darius Hi

Berry It's good to try out the different classes so you can find what you like.

Larry Hi
Old 06-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #97  
Trying to live below 200

I had issues a few years back with our family Dr. Long story. Bottom line, is that I haven't had full blood work in a few years. I have my thyroid test and the Endo has done a cholesterol test a couple of times. So anyways, I went for a "meet and greet" with a new family Dr. I think I like her. I shouldn't speak yet, because it doesn't take much for me to dislike a Dr. Anyways, tomorrow I will go for my labs. I spoke with her about my food allergy situation. I told her the allergist that I am going to. She was very pleased because she said he is the best in the area. That made me feel good. Hopefully he can figure out my craziness. Other people have spoken very highly of this allergist, too. I should feel positive, but I don't. I think I am just tired of the whole allergy thing.

The old family Dr. was a little distance away. I hated not being able to eat and drive that far, etc. The new place is only a couple miles away. My plan is to get up, brush my teeth, pull my hair back, get dressed, etc. I don't mind going there like that. They open at 8 am. They said they will take me right in and I will only be there a few minutes. I will probably get a coffee and Egg McMuffin since Mickey D's is right there, too. I don't do well not having my coffee and breakfast first thing in the AM. The Egg McMuffin is around the same calories as my regular breakfast, so I will be good with that. Maybe I will just come back on and cook. We'll see how crazy I get.

I went back to Walmart tonight to try on some more tank tops. I tried on Jr's (XL). I was thinking they looked better than the regular sizes that I bought. The regular sizes are Misses (small). I bought similar colors to what I already had. I wanted DH to look at them. I wanted similar colors so DH could compare similar tops and it wouldn't get too confusing. Anyways bottom line, DH like the Jr tanks on me better than the regular ones. The regular ones were too long. I swear I never thought I would wear something in Jr sizes. Crazy! I am always too big or too something for whatever I want. Oh well. At least I got something to wear.

Total approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 400 calories
3 orders green beans 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-21-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 205/199/150

Height: 5'6

Diana: It was ok...usually I have all this energy and today I really had to push myself (so didn't want to be there). Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Nikki: thanks...I have to work so hard!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

csalove Great job getting to the gym and getting through it.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #100  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

made it through a good low-carb day today i'm sitting at 25 carbs right now and on track to meet my goals of 1) no sugar 2) under 50 carbs and 3) spacing my eating apart by several hours, which is hard to do when i'm home all day...i will probably make a sweet protein smoothie later tonight as well but i think i'm good on the carbs today
Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #101  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

And... watermelon is as bad for my blood sugars as pasta. I guess no more watermelon or such fruits for me except for special treats.

I'm mad at myself for letting myself get to the point of having blood sugars. If I would have been more in control of my eating and weight earlier on, I wouldn't have gotten this problem.

Yes, I know I could need meds. I could have done some body damage... but I did get myself to this point for what???? I was stupid because living a healthy life is not difficult... what was my problem???

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-21-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #102  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

For Melissa and anyone else interested on blood sugar levels and food, here is the link to the Glycemic Index. Look on the left, click on GI Database and search for a food. It will give you the glycemic index load #. Low GI is 55 and under, Medium GI is 56-69, and High GI is 70 and above. Basically, the higher the #, the quicker the food turns into glucose in the blood once you eat it, making you spike in blood sugar (glucose) and forcing your body to excrete insulin. Eating a protein along with a high GI food will stabilize the sugar it contains and not have such a spike on blood sugar (glucose)
Old 06-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Not the worst day possible... I had a nutrigrain cereal bar for breakfast, an eating right spaghetti with meat sauce for lunch, and that deliiiicious soup for dinner... in total about 800 calories. I did cheat and had one funsize m&m and snickers in between lunch and dinner, as well as a 3/4 a 7Up with dinner. But I drank 60oz water and hopefully I didn't cheat too badly?? I'm still working on getting disciplined... here's hoping that this forum will make me want to stay on track!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #104  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Breakfast was Oatmeal made with skim milk and blueberries
lunch was reduced sodium turkey and tomato sandwich on whole wheat toast with two teaspoons of mayo. I tried mustard but I just couldn't do it, so mayo it is. Luckily i think mayo is gross if i use too much. Two teaspoons is just about right. I also had two cups of tender garden salad with strawberries and light toasted sesame dressing. Oh, and I had one serving of grandma utz chips.
Dinner was pork chops on the grill with marinade, whole grain rice and orange bell peppers.
I had a snack of one strawberry poptart and a fat free chocolate pudding pack. Right around 1500 for the day. Not bad.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

We got home last night and our dog (Magnum) was sick. He seems better this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. I kept waking up thinking I was hearing him. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .2

Berry + K9 I just looked at that glycemic index. I thought I had heard that watermelon was in the same range as jelly beans. That index confirms it. Isn't that crazy!
Closed Thread