Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #1  
I am worth it
Thread Starter
 
sweetnlow28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 601

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default I'm back and I NEED to stay here!

If anyone has noticed, I have went AWOL from the forum for awhile. My stubborn sense of pride told me I could do it on my own and I didn't need to calorie count or account to anyone online. I knew the whole time that I was just fooling myself. The night time binges are back with a vengeance and I have given up on exercise other than walking and a bit of bike riding.
I am coming here, once again, feeling like a failure. I need to take the hint that I have to stay here on 3FC (not that it is a bad thing ) and I need to stay accountable for my choices. When I posted here, a big motivation was seeing my ticker under my posts. I loved the feeling of being able to drop it and I felt embarrassed to move it up. I think that fact alone, along with support from all you wonderful ladies, is what I need so I am back. Please kick my butt if I ever stray again! Now I must hang my head and go change my ticker to show my recent gain. I haven't done an official weigh in in awhile but I have a good idea I am around 150 again. I feel like crying but I am going to take it as a learning experience instead.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #2  
Melissa
 
berryblondeboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,367

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

That's why these lifestyle changes are so hard. You CAN'T wing it - ever again. There is no, "Well, it's just one cookie" and so on.

But the good news for you, is that you learned that with gaining 10 lbs - not 100 pounds. So that in itself is a huge success!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter
 
NEMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,719

S/C/G: 197.5/180.5/160

Height: 5'3"

Default

Must be the day for butt kicking because I needed one today too. You lost over 100lbs and that is amazing, good for you for realizing that you do need support to keep it off. You rock lady!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #4  
I am worth it
Thread Starter
 
sweetnlow28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 601

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default

Thanks girls I was down to 143 at Christmas and this weight gain has slowly crept up on me since then. I am mad at myself but still glad that it is only seven pounds and not 70!
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff
 
Lovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 8,731

Default

Welcome back =)

You've caught it in time, you're reeling it back in. You're doing all the right things now. Keep at it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #6  
I'm a SWIMMER!
 
joyfulloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,767

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
That's why these lifestyle changes are so hard. You CAN'T wing it - ever again. There is no, "Well, it's just one cookie" and so on.
I respectfully and passionately DISAGREE with this. You CAN just eat one cookie. That IS what this journey should be about...learning MODERATION...you DON'T have to calorie count for the rest of your life. ALL or NOTHING life does NOT have to be.

That said....Rome wasn't built in a day and since this is a gradual process (learning moderation and changing lifelong eating habits), perhaps you "graduated" too soon!

Glad you didn't make the mistake of many (including myself) and wait until you gained ALL the weight back before doing something about it. A BIG in order on that tip! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #7  
Senior Member
 
Blinky963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 132

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnlow28 View Post
Thanks girls I was down to 143 at Christmas and this weight gain has slowly crept up on me since then. I am mad at myself but still glad that it is only seven pounds and not 70!
THIS!

Catching it at 7 pounds not 70!

This is what I find inspirational.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #8  
Senior Member
 
NTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 117

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnlow28 View Post
Thanks girls I was down to 143 at Christmas and this weight gain has slowly crept up on me since then. I am mad at myself but still glad that it is only seven pounds and not 70!
Bravo!! A month or so from now this will be a distant memory
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #9  
Senior Member
 
butterflymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 274

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Default

I think that is so awesome how you were in tune with your body to know that it was time to use some tools to keep the weight off. You are an inspiration.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #10  
Melissa
 
berryblondeboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,367

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
I respectfully and passionately DISAGREE with this. You CAN just eat one cookie. That IS what this journey should be about...learning MODERATION...you DON'T have to calorie count for the rest of your life. ALL or NOTHING life does NOT have to be.

That said....Rome wasn't built in a day and since this is a gradual process (learning moderation and changing lifelong eating habits), perhaps you "graduated" too soon!

Glad you didn't make the mistake of many (including myself) and wait until you gained ALL the weight back before doing something about it. A BIG in order on that tip! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
No I don't agree. I didn't mean you can't HAVE a cookie, but you have to keep with a plan of eating. if you have that cookie, that means you need to make a cut somewhere else or up the exercise, and so on.

I do plan to keep track of my eating maybe not forever, but for a very long time and to 'spot check' myself to make sure I'm staying within reason. Beyond that, I plan to have a pant size test. Never allowed to buy the next size up because that means I've gained weight and need to lose. Lose it - not buy up.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #11  
Senior Member
 
jendiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,653

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

i agree with the others, you caught yourself at 7 lbs...and not 20, 50, or 70, that alone is an accomplishment.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #12  
I am worth it
Thread Starter
 
sweetnlow28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 601

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default

Everyone's posts mean a lot. I needed another reminder of my goals today and I got it here! Thanks again
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  
Senior Member
 
Proatthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Well just reread your quote about getting back up. That says it all. And the fact you caught your gain when it didn't get out of hand. Congrats to you for coming back and using the tools that helped you be so successful. Never feel embarrassed or ashamed.

Also I would just like to add that unfortunately anyone who has ever been overweight or seriously overweight and lost weight we have fat cells that have shrunk but never gone. Therefore we need to be extra diligent and stay on top of our healthy lifestyle because those fat cells are just waiting to fill back up. When we get comfortable and think oh we don't have to track or be accountable for a while. Thinking we have those extra slices of pizza or cookies without making adjustments. That's when it's a slippery slope.
So yes I do believe if you have ever had a weight issue you do need to track and be accountable for life. Not obsessive just extra aware.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #14  
I am worth it
Thread Starter
 
sweetnlow28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 601

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proatthis View Post
Well just reread your quote about getting back up. That says it all. And the fact you caught your gain when it didn't get out of hand. Congrats to you for coming back and using the tools that helped you be so successful. Never feel embarrassed or ashamed.

Also I would just like to add that unfortunately anyone who has ever been overweight or seriously overweight and lost weight we have fat cells that have shrunk but never gone. Therefore we need to be extra diligent and stay on top of our healthy lifestyle because those fat cells are just waiting to fill back up. When we get comfortable and think oh we don't have to track or be accountable for a while. Thinking we have those extra slices of pizza or cookies without making adjustments. That's when it's a slippery slope.
So yes I do believe if you have ever had a weight issue you do need to track and be accountable for life. Not obsessive just extra aware.
I completely agree with that! I feel like my body is just waiting to fill those cells again. Every bit of fat I have gained went right back on my stomach, my most hated and toughest area to lose from. I am no longer obsessively counting calories like I used to because I feel like, after a year and an half of doing it, I am pretty good at judging, but only when I am being true to myself and staying on plan. I eat the same breakfast and lunch every day then I count my dinner. So far that is working for me, again, only when I decide to stay on track. Now i just need to find that strength and STAY on track for good
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm back and looking for a buddy or two! emjay71 Support Groups 247 03-20-2007 11:00 PM
I'm back, and ready for action....come join my crusade fatgirl8me Weight Watchers 199 05-10-2004 10:35 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.