3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Hot Weather...No excercise (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/235165-hot-weather-no-excercise.html)

RachaelJ 06-08-2011 04:04 PM

Hot Weather...No excercise

I'm dreading excercising today. It's 96 degrees and humid in Georgia today and is supposed to be that way all week. Even with Air Conditioning its sticky. Is anyone else opposed/dread working out when the weather is so unbearable?

SCraver 06-08-2011 04:11 PM

I went for a run ouside yesterday at 3pm. It was about 85. I thought I would die. I liek running in 50 - 60 degree weather. I wonder if I will adjust? I mean - I can adjust to the cold in the winter. My lungs get used to the cold... can they get used to the heat?

IDK. I am just going to have to suck it up and get up early and run or do it on the TM inside. (~gag~)

Jelma 06-08-2011 04:19 PM

I normally walk at lunch time but it has been miserable here, I work downtown so it is even hotter than the other areas of the city. I just looked at the spinning thermometer thingy we have on a building down here - 97!

For now I will stick with my 2X a week pilates classes, one in air conditioning, one in a sufficiently cool old building.

Good luck!

Scarlett 06-08-2011 04:27 PM

It's 90+ degrees here and hazy humid. I'm going out at 6:30 to do my run, I've been dreading it all day. Will definately jump in the pool as soon as I get back.

I have my 5K race in > 2 weeks and have the countdown workout schedule posted on my wall. I'm determined to finish all my workouts before the race. Luckly the run I'm doing today I've already completed a few times, being able to do it in the heat will be the true test.

tattoodles 06-08-2011 04:35 PM

Move to Seattle, it's currently cloudy and about 60°. We've only had one or two days over 70° this whole year.

Cheshirecat 06-08-2011 05:06 PM

I hear you! I'm down in the South too.
I get out by at least 6:30 am if not earlier to get my run/walks in. With the bike I usually can handle the heat because I know a shaded trail. But lots of water of course.
It's just hot and humid. No way around it. Running in the evening is just so oppressive and thankfully I can get out in the morning right now.

rose madder 06-08-2011 09:13 PM

Oh my god it was 91 in Boston today... I did my Insanity workout in my room and just about died.

mzKiki 06-08-2011 09:48 PM

I get up early in the morning and workout when Iknow it's going to be HOT

CheerMomOf3 06-08-2011 09:52 PM

Swimmmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachaelJ (Post 3883649)
I'm dreading excercising today. It's 96 degrees and humid in Georgia today and is supposed to be that way all week. Even with Air Conditioning its sticky. Is anyone else opposed/dread working out when the weather is so unbearable?

You can get a workout in a pool! It's a wonderful way to cool off while working out. Try either swimming laps or just treading water for some time will help burn some calories!

:cool:

darius 06-08-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose madder (Post 3884013)
Oh my god it was 91 in Boston today... I did my Insanity workout in my room and just about died.

I learn a lot reading this forum. Now I want to find out what an "Insanity workout" is. This week I learned what "C25K" is.
One lady wrote, "It's TTOM"; and I was wondering WTH!?...oh never mind.

sheramama 06-08-2011 10:29 PM

Yesterday I waited until night--at least here it cools down a bit. Today I didn't do regular exercise (it was over 90 too) but since I was outside I made sure I was active. I'm going to work on my stomach tonight-less sweat than cardio even though it hurts so much lol.

shishkeberry 06-08-2011 10:44 PM

Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I joined a gym. I knew I wasn't going to get much exercise this summer if I didn't.

indiblue 06-08-2011 11:16 PM

It's 100+ in India right now! Early morning workouts for me for the next few months :)

PBmama 06-08-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoodles (Post 3883679)
Move to Seattle, it's currently cloudy and about 60°. We've only had one or two days over 70° this whole year.

I KNOW!!! I love this weather! :D Hopefully we will have a mild summer this year.

caryesings 06-09-2011 08:16 AM

My workout changes with the weather, and with 90+ back for the next 6 months, the AC gym will be seeing my smiling face again. I've been MIA as far as the Y is concerned the last 6 months when walking and biking outside was so appealing.