Oh...my...god!

• I did it. I broke that freaking plateau. A month at 165.4-.6, and I am now solidly at.............164.6, for more than one day. Hey, it's a start. At least I have some downward momentum. I -WILL- SEE 159!

If anyone wants to know how I did it, I essentially spiked my calories to a low of 1000 one or two times in a week while keeping the other days higher than usual. I think it more or less had the impact of making my metabolism snore abruptly, look around in shock, and then remember it should've been up and off it's arse the last 4 weeks.

I'm going to cycle my calories now, 1000 one day, 1300 another. 3 days a week at 1000, 4 days at 1300, averaging just under 1200 a day.

Rawrr.
  • Congratulations, Lady!!!
  • Congrats!
  • Way to go!!!

That is the greatest feeling, having stuck to it in spite of a stall or difficulty and get those numbers going down again. Congratulations!!!

I've been zigzagging some weeks too, it does seem to help. Plus the higher days make it feel a little less like you're restricting so much all the time
  • I also find that calorie cycling is a great way to break out of a genuine plateau! Congrats to you!
  • Yup, calorie cycling seems to do a metabolism good . I'm glad you were able to break your plateau!