Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I hate days like this...

I hate days where I really do make poor choices, and I know it, but still choose to eat the bad food. I don't feel like I completely destroyed my hard work from this week on today alone, but I'm not too thrilled about sitting here thinking I just had 2 slices of pepperoni pizza, and a handful of onion straws with sauce this late at night.

The worst part is, I wasn't even hungry!! But there it was when I got home, sitting out there and I just totally dug in. Earlier today I had a pepperoni hoagie because we were out and picked probably the worst place to stop for brunch... Best thing I think I had today was hummus and some strawberries. Sigh. Must do better tomorrow. Thankfully, its my gym day and I'll have to push myself harder to make up for this epic fail.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hey - it's not a fail when you realize it and rebound from it. Just keep at it and get right back on track. Think, how could I change it next time (as there's always a next time, it seems!) ...

You're doing GREAT and don't get down on two meals in one day. Pull out something you wore when you started if you have it ... and see how successful you've been!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I'm a super logical person so when something like this happens to me I try to be as rational as possible. First, you likely ate over your deficit calories today, so today won't contribute to your weight loss. That leaves two scenarios. It's possible you ate around maintenance, so it could be a 'wash' as far as gaining or losing. It's also possible you ate over your calories, but unlikely no more than 1000 or so, which is way below what it takes to even gain a POUND. < one tiny pound. In either scenario, you are not in a terrible dark hole of weight gain where all that hard work you've put in the last few months is for nothing.

So, the way I see it, you're okay. You didn't do what you wanted to today but that doesn't mean the rest of this evening and tomorrow and the next day aren't great opportunities to make better decisions every single minute. Maybe go for an extra walk tomorrow and eat really clean- by treating your body kindly you'll feel much better about yourself physically and emotionally.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah. I'm going to do 36 sit-up's here in a bit before bed. Well, 36 sit-ups and 12 um...what do you call the side ones? Crunches? According to my Anytime fitness app I went over by 600 calories on what I can consume and still drop 2lbs a week. Ah well, thanks for your kind words. They made me feel better about the poor choices. Will try 15 minutes on the treadmill in addition to 45 on the elliptical.

Best thing today?? A co-worker noticed me at the gym and said that to me today, we struck up a small conversation. Maybe someday I'll have someone to workout with lol...
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

600 is seriously not that bad. You may be around maintenance calories for today. And good for you for stopping- sometimes overeating can lead to crazy binges, but you stopped it in time.

Also, I meant the walk tomorrow as a way to feel refreshed and rejuvenated, physically and emotionally, and to treat your body with kindness. I hope it didn't come across as "go burn off all those calories now"!. I try to distance extra exercise from overeating because it sometimes can lead to unhealthy behaviors and mindsets about 'getting rid' of every single extra calorie consumed. After I've eaten too much I just return to my normal routine the next day and use exercise as a way to feel better, not to punish or get rid of the calories. Anyway just wanted to clarify- do what you think is healthy and right for you!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Just wanted to extend a
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote