Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree with everyone else! Pick a plan, and stick to it like glue, and you will see results. It might not be 100 pounds, but then again it might be - and any weight lost will be a fabulous way to start your new job. I lost about 95 pounds in 10 months...keep posting, work your plan, you can make significant changes in that time frame!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #17  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I think losing any amount of weight in any amount of time varies with the individual loser.

You see that some people here have lost significant amounts of weight in that kind of time frame... and then others... LIKE ME... I've been working on a 20-pound "short goal" for over 2 years now. Ugh.

The main thing is to DO IT. No matter how long it takes. Because in a year, you might be 100 lbs down!! or 80 (still great!), or 50 (still a good amount!!!) or 20 (20 lbs is wonderful!!!) ...or 3. But I'd rather be THREE pounds down than NO pounds down, or worse... poundage gained!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #18  
My Diet Journey

S/C/G: 292/262/175

Height: 5'9

I think you can do anything when you set up your mind to it. I lost 60 pounds in 3 month, so i'm pretty sure you can loose 100 in 9 month. You go Girl!!
Milete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #19  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

It's possible, but you need to realize that after the 9 months you need to stick to a still healthy plan it not just a diet then go back to your old lifestyle. Not to mention there will always be obstacals in the way, you might Plateau, or injure yourself or something. So yes 100 pounds in 9 months is do able, but in the end you should be happy when 9 months hit at whatever number you have lost even if it isn't 100 pounds. This isn't an all or nothing type thing, if you don't work out one day or eat macdonalds one day you can't just quit. This is a journey where it will have it's ups it will have it's downs and sometimes you break and enjoy a little snack in between eating well. Stay focused, determined and weight will come off, just don't be disappointed or hard on yourself in the end result.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

It is possible. It would take a lot of exercise and a very healthy diet. Look at the contestants on the biggest loser. They workout for approximately 6 hours per day and some women have lost 100 pounds in 4ish months. The question is whether you have this time. I take it that being in school you probably do not.
Losing weight at a slower (more average, 100lbs in 9 months is very rare) rate has better long-term results, ie. keeping it off. Previous posts are so right on when they say that the benefits come so much earlier. Imagine how you will feel once you've lost 15, 20, and 30 lbs.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLynn43 View Post
So I finish school in about 9 months. After that I'm placed right into a job. I'm 270 pounds right now, 5'4, 20 year old female. My goal is to be 170 by the time im done with school. How can I lose 100 pounds in 9 months?
It could be done, but you may have fluxes in your weight. I wouldn't put everything on the numbers. So what if the scale shows X amount and you wanted to loose 100? If you're wearing smaller clothing, and feeling healthier at the end of those 9 months, you're doing something right and your body will thank you.

If you're going to go for the goal though do not, and I am dead serious, DO NOT overdo it. You push too hard, you could burn out. It's best to always keep in mind that you may not meet you goal, and you may slip up, but tomorrow is a new day and you will keep going. I wish you the best of luck though.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I have an idea for you.

Rather than picking a specific number of pounds that you want to lose in 9 months, why don't you decide that NO MATTER WHAT you are going to stick to your plan every single day for nine months.

Here's why.

You really can't control exactly how much you lose, but you CAN decide whether or not you are going to stay on plan each and every day.

Let me explain why I think this is better.

If you stay on plan every single day for 9 months you are going to lose a HUGE amount of weight. If you exercise a lot as well, your body will look and feel completely different to you and you will be thrilled.

When you have 100 pounds to lose it feels very black and white. Fat vs. thin. Fat is now. Thin is goal. What we tend not to realize is that when you lose the first 25 and start wearing smaller sizes you feel terrific, when you lose 50, you feel amazing. You do not need to get all the way to goal to start reaping the benefits. You start to see them MUCH EARLIER and that encourages you to keep going!

If you commit to a plan and stick to it every single day for nine months I PROMISE that you will be amazed.

You may lose 100 lbs, you may lose more. Others lose less. But there is not a single person who sticks to a plan every single day for 9 months who doesn't feel 1000% better about herself and her life and her looks and her health.

That is a promise.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

It has taken me 10 months to lose 75 lbs. I have not been completely on plan the entire 10 months though. I think maybe I would be 85 lbs down if I had stayed on plan with no cheat days or deviation. I am changing my lifestyle so I really don't mind if the weight comes off at a slower pace.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
I have an idea for you.

Rather than picking a specific number of pounds that you want to lose in 9 months, why don't you decide that NO MATTER WHAT you are going to stick to your plan every single day for nine months.

Here's why.

You really can't control exactly how much you lose, but you CAN decide whether or not you are going to stay on plan each and every day.

Let me explain why I think this is better.

If you stay on plan every single day for 9 months you are going to lose a HUGE amount of weight. If you exercise a lot as well, your body will look and feel completely different to you and you will be thrilled.

When you have 100 pounds to lose it feels very black and white. Fat vs. thin. Fat is now. Thin is goal. What we tend not to realize is that when you lose the first 25 and start wearing smaller sizes you feel terrific, when you lose 50, you feel amazing. You do not need to get all the way to goal to start reaping the benefits. You start to see them MUCH EARLIER and that encourages you to keep going!

If you commit to a plan and stick to it every single day for nine months I PROMISE that you will be amazed.

You may lose 100 lbs, you may lose more. Others lose less. But there is not a single person who sticks to a plan every single day for 9 months who doesn't feel 1000% better about herself and her life and her looks and her health.

That is a promise.
I think this is a fantastic post. I think it's a fantastic way to approach weightloss all the while keeping a positive balance and overall sanity.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #25  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Such good advice in this thread! Ubergirl, you said it perfectly!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:26 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

You definitely can. It will be hard and will take dedication but it is definitely doable.

I love ubergirls post though. Try not to pick a #. If you stick on plan and don't cheat, you will be happy regardless of the # because you will lose a good deal
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #27  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

I just checked up on our OP, and sadly she has never logged in since she posted the original message. Hopefully she has read all of your wonderful replies without actually logging onto the sight. Hopefully in the last 5 days she has been to the store and bought delicious healthy food, and trashed all the junk food in her home. Hopefully she has devised a nutritionally balanced plan and has at least made an appointment with her Doctor to discuss it....Ya think?

In the several years I have have been a member here, New members who start out their first post as..."Can I lose ____ by ____" are usually never heard from again and I'll bet my bottom dollar never make it to their goal... I'm just saying that this kind of weight loss tactic never seems to pan out.

I am not trying to bash this particular poster, I'm knocking this kind of particular weight loss method.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 05-22-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

Have to agree with that. Setting a weight goal alone is enough of a target. Demanding that it be done by a specific day opens an avenue for disappointment that does not need to exist.

If the target is 100 pounds in 9 months, and someone loses 50 pounds in 6, that's a very good loss but not "good enough" by the time-and-weight standard. Then that person may give up because meeting both halves of the project (the remaining 50 pounds in 3 months) feels unattainable.

Last edited by darway; 05-22-2011 at 11:31 AM.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote