(!!TMI!!)Not how I wanted to get to 158lbs

• I felt great yesterday. I went shopping with my mother-in-law, I cleaned the kitchen and even scrubbed the hard water stains in the sink, organized....

Ate dinner (subway).

And threw up.

And threw up.

And threw up again. And again. And again.

Then when I didn't have anything left to throw up I threw up stomach acid, all night.

I drove all the way from Utah to Indiana to see my sister-in-law graduate, but instead I'm going to be here throwing up.

BUT I was 158 this morning.
  • Feel better! Get plenty of fluids!
  • Oh thats awful, feel better!!
  • I hope you feel better. Definitely make sure you're getting the fluids as mentioned above.
  • Thanks guys. I'm having a very difficult time stomaching water, but my husband bought me a Gatorade and I kept some of that down for longer than the water so I'm hoping some of the electrolytes got absorbed and I'll alternate sipping on that and water today.

I think I'm going to fast today because even the idea of food is unpleasant.
  • I feel you pain (mixed with that kind of happy you lost weight feeling-ish) lol! I had the stomach bug last Tuesday night. I was on my last night on vacation and was sooooo sick all night, then didn't eat anything, just sucked on a few ice cubes the whole next day (on the trip home). I weighed myself Thursday morning and was 164, but over the past several days my appetite has still been stunted, although I have been eating, and I'm down to 161. I'm sure the stomach bug played a huge part in those last few pounds. I did not like being sick, but I must admit, its nice to be almost out of the 160s...
  • Could be food poisoning. Either way, leaving your tummy empty for awhile is ok. Give it a chance to rest, and don't feed the bug. Water, gatorade, 7-up. chammomille tea is a nice stomach soother as well.
  • Feel Better!
  • Hope you are feeling better! Yes, drink plenty of fluids and lay off food that isnt bland. Blah, I know how you feel. Sorry hun!
  • Yikes! What about crackers or something? Just a thought if you ever feel hungry. Feel better soon!
  • When I have a stomach bug, I only drink very tiny sips of liquids or else I may vomit it. If you go to the hospital and they give you an IV, then the drops of liquid are very slow, so I simulate that at home basically with very tiny sips and it does the job. I hope you're better!
  • Thanks for the well wishes. I slept most of the day, and finished the gatorade (small sips as luckymommy advised). I haven't thrown up again since this morning, but still feel a little unsettled in my digestive tract.

Nausea is turning to hunger though, which I take as a good sign. My husband called to let me know my family is on their way back from the graduation and I asked him to pick up a plain bagel for me and I plan to eat it toasted this evening if I keep improving.

Oh, and I weighed myself again. 157.6 I know it will go up as soon as I start eating again though.
  • Oh no! I hope you get better soon! I had t his bug about a month ago. It came on so sudden and I did nothing but vomit. It was the worst I felt in ages. After about 3 days I was better.