3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Great Diet to try Ladies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/231961-great-diet-try-ladies.html)

YoungMama3 04-27-2011 10:37 AM

Great Diet to try Ladies!

I tried the 7 day fast loss kit from GNC and was very
sceptical at first, But my end results have made me so happy!
I did that diet for a week (lost 5lbs) I finished that on saturday and since then i have continued to lose more weight but just keeping my calorie intake down. Ive lost 2 more lbs since i finished my diet.

Im starting to get really excited, maybe i really can hit my goal weight!

Started at 135/ Now at 128/ Goal: 120

LisaP916 04-27-2011 11:44 AM

A fast loss kit isn't a "diet". It's a short term solution to a long term problem - like putting a band aid on a gun shot wound.

DrivenByAmbition 04-27-2011 11:51 AM

Have you done research to see if those who have used this in the past maintained their loss?

Sounds like to me you were on the right track, sometimes we need an extra push.

YoungMama3 04-27-2011 12:58 PM

Yea, It was a good extra push. Im not sure if they kept the weight off or not. But Im trying to shed a little bit of left over baby weight from having my youngest son. Usually when i get down to the right weight I dont gain it back unless i go on a crazy eating spree. I was 110 before I had my kids so i have a fairley small build.

YoungMama3 04-27-2011 01:00 PM

But when your only 5'3 those few extra pounds show, thats why i went ahead and got something to help speed up the process. and it was just for a week, now all im doing is watching calories and being more active.

mkroyer 04-27-2011 01:16 PM

You realize that it was all water weight, right? at least 90% of it was. Those fast loss kits are designed for someone who needs to "peak" in a week, or 10 days or whatever-- like for a fitness contest or for an event you want to look our best at.

brilliantbrit27 04-27-2011 01:32 PM

While I believe that the 5lb lose in a week would be an amazing extra push I have to wonder how much it cost and what all was involved. It kinda seems like a short term fix....

I have a quick question for everyone, how did yall get the signatures? I keep trying to find one for myself to use but I cant find them anywhere...

Snoofie 04-27-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brilliantbrit27 (Post 3826118)
I have a quick question for everyone, how did yall get the signatures? I keep trying to find one for myself to use but I cant find them anywhere...

You have to be a member for 20 days before you can have a signature. :) Once your 20 days are up, you can make your own signature, complete with weight tracker, quotes or whatever else you want. Hope that helps!

DrivenByAmbition 04-27-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungMama3 (Post 3826056)
Yea, It was a good extra push. Im not sure if they kept the weight off or not. But Im trying to shed a little bit of left over baby weight from having my youngest son. Usually when i get down to the right weight I dont gain it back unless i go on a crazy eating spree. I was 110 before I had my kids so i have a fairley small build.

Obviously it did something for you to recommend it. I won't knock anything I haven't tried. Good job on the 5lbs.

YoungMama3 04-27-2011 02:05 PM

Thank you! I started using this for encouragement, but i keep getting nocked down instead. I wasnt saying that was the right way to lose weight i was just posting what i had been trying and how it was working.

Maybe, This site isnt for me.

LisaP916 04-27-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungMama3 (Post 3826176)
Thank you! I started using this for encouragement, but i keep getting nocked down instead. I wasnt saying that was the right way to lose weight i was just posting what i had been trying and how it was working.

Maybe, This site isnt for me.

Actually, what you said was "Great Diet to try Ladies". We are pointing out that it is not a diet. It is a short term quick fix. That's all. If it served its purpose for you, then that should be all that matters to you.

One of the things I like best about this site is that no one blows smoke up my @ss. You get all the support and encouragement in the world, but you also get reality.