3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   How do you get THAT butt? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/231232-how-do-you-get-butt.html)

Wild Vulpix 04-18-2011 12:25 PM

How do you get THAT butt?

I've wondered this for... for forever. I'd love to know if this phanomina is created by weight, exercise, or genetics, but I would love to know how to obtain it. (I don't even know what forum section to put this in because it might be diet or exercise, or something else completely.)

Right now, my butt looks more like (nude-from-the-back warning) this, but I want to know if I can go to that, to something more like her's. Does anybody know?

Shannon in ATL 04-18-2011 12:26 PM

I got the same picture in both links. :)

Wild Vulpix 04-18-2011 12:29 PM

Oops! Thank you! Link fixed :)

beerab 04-18-2011 12:35 PM

I'm guessing quite a few lunges and squats would help :)

FitGirlyGirl 04-18-2011 12:42 PM

Lunges and squats (preferably with weights) will help. Running also helps the butt.

corazonas 04-18-2011 12:43 PM

Ughhhhh it takes sooo many squats!!!!

milliej 04-18-2011 12:44 PM

I think genetics has a lot to do with it. You can "lift" what you have with lunges and squats, (sorry if thats is a bit off, of what you are looking for I did not look at pics cause I am at work :))

Shannon in ATL 04-18-2011 12:57 PM

Lunges, walking lunges, squats, step-ups - with weights definitely help. Deadlifts can help I believe. Running is also good.

I also like this article about squeezing the glutes during deadlifts and squats.

FitGirlyGirl 04-18-2011 01:15 PM

Good one Shannon, I had forgotten deadlifts, they are helpful for the butt. Squeezing the glutes during various exercises is important to get maximum benefit from the exercises. It will also help with core strength some since it is almost impossible to get a really good glute squeeze going without tightening your core. I liked the article and it makes some excellent points. I do a body pump style weight class and one of the cues that the teacher is always using is to say "booty" all the time to remind us to squeeze. We even squeeze our glutes during crunches because it causes a tilt to the pelvis and helps work the lower abs.

Chubbykins 04-18-2011 01:18 PM

I find the first butt prettier to be honest :D
If you talk about the gap between the legs, depending on your hip bone you might never have one unless you go anorexic or have plastic surgery. If your hip bone is narrow the gap isn't healthy to be there.
Like the other ladies said excersize in the area might help. Remember also that waist excersizes can change the way the butt looks.

Sanna Maria 04-18-2011 04:56 PM

I'm loving these tips :) Did not know that squeezing the glutes when doing crunches affects your lower abs, will definitely give it a try. A friend of mine who has a rear much like in the second pic says using a stepper is really good.

K9Owner 04-18-2011 05:43 PM

:rofl:

Cali Doll 04-18-2011 05:50 PM

I also like the first butt better. LOL!

But, I DO like the gap between the legs. I guess I can't have it all. :P

Sorry I don't have any butt tips but it seems you've gotten lots of good info. :-)

j0lamo01 04-18-2011 06:02 PM

Back extentions- you lean over then pull your upper body back up and squeeze your butt muscles google back extentions

souvenirdarling 04-18-2011 06:47 PM

I think both bottoms are lovely! I think my answer is "buy the right swimsuit!"

I'm also betting on a lot of squats and walking in a way that uses the butt muscles.