Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I'd totally take either butt!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #17  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
I'd totally take either butt!
Same here! I'd take ANY butt, to be honest -- since I don't even seem to have one. Hahaha.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Ummm I hate to say this but I think the first butt is far more attractive. If I recall correctly I have seen that pic used to demonstrate a perfect hip to waist ratio which makes people look the most attractive to men the world over. The second pic just looks a very skinny chick. :/
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

I'd take either in a heartbeat ..... my dh has just said no question he likes the first one .... but apparently mine is better than both of them!! I like the way he lies

I think the butt is very much a case of genetics ..... but I've been doing lunges, squats and lots of cardio .... and I think it has helped a little .... but nowhere close to the desired pic or the one that is not so desired ...

Good luck
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #20  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I don't think the butts are really that different. IF you uncrossed the legs on the first one, added a tan, and a bathing suit that rides up, it'd probably look really similar. There's just slightly more toning on the second but the first isn't a flat butt at all either...
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #21  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

I see a bit of a weight difference between the two, I'd say the only difference is that in the second picture she's skinnier.

I dream to have thighs that don't rub together when I walk. Hopefully it's achieveable because I come from a line of women who have always had wide hips, the fat just sticks to my upper thighs before anywhere else, they're such a god awful shape, Sigh!
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #22  
is chubby

if you have a wide hip you can get a gap with losing weight. So wide hips is a plus there (also for childbirth but that is another story)
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #23  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

No. 2 makes me shift in my seat in sympathy because of the wedgie she's getting from that bikini bottom. Lord help me, I want to reach into the photo & pull that thing back where it belongs.

Then I want to find the artist who did the airbrushing on her backside & I want him or her to follow me around throughout my lifetime during all my naked and near-naked moments.

And then I want to rage & pound my fist against my desk at the utter unfairness of genetics & the chain of ancestors who gave me my flat @ss.

Last edited by saef; 04-19-2011 at 09:10 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #24  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

For people with my genetics, it's the same as boobs - butt implants.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I agree that it's more a matter of how thin you wanna be. The second model is just thinner.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #26  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
No. 2 makes me shift in my seat in sympathy because of the wedgie she's getting from that bikini bottom. Lord help me, I want to reach into the photo & pull that thing back where it belongs.

Then I want to find the artist who did the airbrushing on her backside & I want him or her to follow me around throughout my lifetime during all my naked and near-naked moments.

And then I want to rage & pound my fist against my desk at the utter unfairness of genetics & the chain of ancestors who gave me my flat @ss.
My entire chain of thoughts exactly.

I would take either of those bums. I have a gap between my legs which I do like, but my butt is soooo flippin flat. It was flat when I was overweight, and it's flat now...just less jiggly. Now that I'm thin, I don't have a butt at all, I have a crack at the top of my legs. I could probably lift/tighten it a bit with zillions of crunches, but quite frankly, I don't care that much. It looks decent in jeans, my husband has never complained, and I don't need to impress anybody else. It is what it is, I'm not going to spend excessive energy trying to sculpt my butt (or any part of my body).

That said, for Bum #1 to transform into Bum #2, she would need to lose some fat (NOT saying Bum #1 is fat, but her body fat % looks like it's a bit higher than the leaner Bum #2). So lose some body fat % to appear leaner, and then run, do endless crunches, squats, etc, get a spray on tan, and a ride up bikini. And stand with her legs uncrossed.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #27  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

hamstring curls, swimming with good form (flutter kick is from the hip, not the knee) and flip turns, and running all help. Hamstring curls are awesome, actually. Hard work, one of my favorites; they help with glutes, core, and hamstrings and yield results fairly quickly. Just don't overdo or you'll pull a hamstring.

Last edited by calluna; 04-19-2011 at 02:08 PM.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #28  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

Anyone can have some of my butt of they want?? I have the biggest butt of all the white girls I know, but it's not a nice one! I'm actually quite self conscious of the way my spine curves inwards but then my butt-shelf sticks out, I like to keep my cellulite there.
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Here are the differences I see:

~The first model is paler, the second tan, and wearing a low rise bathing suit bottom. It definitely affects the way things "look" even though they are not really all that different.

~The second model seems to be maybe 5 pounds thinner than the other...it just makes a slightly more angular look through the shape of the waist and hipline.

My genetics give me more of the waistline/torso of the tan chick...and the butt of the first chick. I get the thinner, leaner torso...but the rounder softer butt. Lunges, squats, 20-25 miles a week, and 11 years of dance don't make it a skinny chick butt...it just made it smaller and more lifted/rounder.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

saef, you crack me up! You have a great sense of humor. Ever consider writing a book? Also, has anyone ever told you that you resemble the actress Debra Winger? She was in "An Officer And A Gentleman" ,"Terms of Endearment" and many others.
Back to the butt question. I agree with the hamstring curls,lunges and squats. Also try a treadmill at a higher incline like 10%. Genetics do play a big part though. Poor girl in photo 2! Maybe she can't afford a new swim suit bottom that covers her entire rear. I think we should all pity her.
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote