Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 4/18 - 4/24

You're on Page 1 of 23
Go to
  • Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!
  • This week my goal is to...

1) Stay on plan (I've been hungry and "snacky" lately)

2) Continue with JM's 30 DS and not miss any days!

3) Make it to 136 something!

I've already planned out my menu for the whole week so as long as I can stick to it, I'm golden (easier said than done). Hopefully this week is a good week!!!
  • Diana that is so awesome. you definitely have to take a pic of that for yourself. it really solidifies how well you have done!

berry, like you i have been on my feet all day, but i was not as good as you. i hope you get a chance to wind down and enjoy some leisure time. 15 years off the face is AWESOME.

biker, i'm sure you will be back down, no way you REALLY gained a pound.

stacy, shove those negative thoughts out of your mind...some people do think that, but so what. you hang in there..and keep going.

pint, omg, i am so sorry about the tornadoes, i am so glad you are yours are ok though! I am praying with you for your community to recover and i hope you enjoyed the chinese food. I'm also hoping you won't gain. you are under alot of stress. Sounds like the dogs are too.

LARRY!!! PraISE God FOR HIS WONDERFUL BLESSINGS! You are safe and sound and humorous! i laughed about the buzzards too. NOt getting you any time soon! yayyayya! i'm so glad all you have to deal with is a couple of fluid restrictions. They have to really watch you for tamponade after a surgery. So be good!

Lindsey, your food always looks good.

good advice k9! hope you are having a good day. i like how you are holding yourself accountable to your jeans!

afm i have been very very busy. i got the house cleaned, a huge dent in the laundry...did some more yardwork, and worked on the building. my feet Ache. i knew i was done, cause i could not hoist my body up the step into the building ONE MORE time.

why can't i just go into labor...it would be so wonderful to just have this baby this week, and be home the same darned day, no recovery from a c-section..yeah i'd have to take care of the baby..but that's ok...

i'm SOOSOSOSOSO hungry. i was not good. I started off my day with donuts. That is all i ate was 4 donuts and 2 cups of coffee, 2 glasses of home made lightly sweetened tea, and a can of coconut juice.

i need some PROTEIN now! i'm so hungry i could gnaw on my own fingers.

I took a bath in some lavender salts...and that really helped the soreness...except my feet....oh well, i'll deal.
  • I actually did REALLY well at dinner tonight! 6oz Spaghetti, 1.5c salad and im stuffed!! Lunch and breakfast still need work I did return my Slim Fast shakes- gross!!! I did pick up Special K cereal in hopes of eating it in the AM. I still need to walk on the treadmill tonight too. Maybe ill try my workout video or something.

I just can seem to get this right though and its frustrating me. Im not a big Breakfast person and i had hoped to try a SF shake, but for now thats a no go. I need something quick and easy. Then after dinner, thats my WORST time Watch about 11pm tonight, ill sit there and "oh im hungry" but it wont be a few chips, ill want a whole pizza or something i shouldnt.
  • Lindsey Great plans! You can do it! I have been feeling snacky, too. I think TTOM will be showing up within the week.

Jen I have already put the jeans away. I am actually thinking about taking 1 pair of the largest size back out and putting them where I keep my daily clothes. This will be especially helpful for the times that I feel snacky, I'm PMS'ing, or I'm having some type of mental lapse.

Morethananumber Hi and Welcome! Maybe you could try a high protein cereal for breakfast, cottage cheese w/fruit, or Greek Yogurt. Maybe include some extra protein or load up on some veggies for dinner so you don't get hungry after dinner.

• JENDIET: You're my HERO!!! Don't loose heart! That sweet child will be here before you know it!!
  • Aw Jen ... I remember those days ... he'll be here before you know it

Hi Morethananumber, which SF shake did you try? I can only drink the milk chocolate the others make my urine smell like the flavor which makes me nauseous. Sorry if TMI, I also have the whey protein powder in chocolate. The fiber one bars are pretty good also

Lindsey I've already planned out my menu for the whole week so as long as I can stick to it, I'm golden (easier said than done). Hopefully this week is a good week!!! <----- this is so me but I've only planned out the next four days that WE WILL do it

Hi Diana, K9 and Everyone else
  • Ok to give you all an idea of how bad I've been eating ... not gonna even think about how many calories ... don't wanna know

Breakfast
    2 eggs w/2% American, 2 thin pancakes w/ regular syrup, a 1/4 cup grits with margarine, 2 turkey sausage

after church around 2ish
    2 slices whole wheat w/ spicy mustard, pastrami and provolone (the meat and cheese came from a half of a sub from Firehouse Subs that I didn't finish)

then I had 2 spoons of my birthday cake (mainly icing) a little devil foods part, about 2 cups of microwave popcorn, 4 vegetable chips (snacky today)

Dinner
    Mashed potatoes w/ gravy, green peas, meatloaf burger (small) couldn't finish it all but ate enough to feel overly stuffed drank about 30ozs of water while eating

Got on the scale because I felt horrible and it said 184.6 ... wow that's bad. I know my weigh in tomorrow is gonna be really disappointing but I promise YOU ALL and myself that Tuesday morning will be much better. I am back on track tomorrow with my eating, exercise and water GO ME!!!
  • thanks ladies! i just DON'T want to have a c-section. God has a plan though.

well, morethan, i will tell you what i do for breakfast most days, that keeps my eyes open and i feel nourished. I hate slimfast shakes too. yucky. i hate powdery shakes as well, but CARNATION breakfast. wow. those are soooo good! i've tried all the flavors, and they are awesome! no powdery shakes either. they blend so well. i usually buy the big chocolate version. SO doesn't eat breakfast normally. To get him something quick, he WILL drink those though. sometimes i add a splash of coffee and some ice.

well, SOs dad bought us some home made turkey and dressing...so we ate that for dinner.

i guess i'll be good tomorrow. i know i burned thousands of calories today, so i'm not really worried about my donut day.
  • I tried the choc royale one. I was thinking of trying the choc powder. Whats a high protein cereal?

I tried a workout video tonight, wow...too hard! Extreme Makeover Workout For Beginners.
  • This is my menu for tomorrow:

8:00 a.m. - Oatmeal (150), craisins (70), two plums (61) = 282
    10:00 a.m. - Yogurt (100), cereal (50) = 150
    1:00 p.m. - Edamame (100), 1/2 brown rice (100), turkey slices (90) = 290
    3:00 p.m. - Yogurt (100), cereal (50) = 150
    6:00 p.m. - Bok Choy with bacon and onion (100), 1/2 brown rice (100), tuna (120) = 320

Total = 1192

Then the plan is 15 minutes on my new bike after work, and an hour and a half of working out with the Wii (30 min each yoga, strength training, aerobics). The bike time will go up eventually, I just have to get used to being on a bike again after so many years out of the game!

The rest of my plan for this week is kind of weird because I also build in study time to my daily goals ^_^; The idea is to be in bed my 9:00 p.m. and up by 5:00 a.m., then studying from 6:00 to 8:00 a.m. before work.

I am striving for two important things at once: attaining my old, healthy weight and attaining a professional certification to advance my career. Posting helps me feel accountable so I thought I would sneak the book work I have to do in there too!
  • Larry, Larry, Larry!! I'm so glad to "hear" from you! We all are!! We've been worried to death about you!! SOOOOOO glad you're okay!! That Lasix is gonna give you a WOOSH that's even more major than your NORMAL wooshes!! How are you feeling? Did I mention that I'm glad you're okay?!?!

k9owner, I think it was you on the other thread that asked me if I go SOOOO low in calories often? No, I do not. Usually I try not to go below 1200.....but if I eat an excessive amount one day, I'll go way low the next day to try to make up for it. I try to be a good girl most of the time!

jendiet, girl.....you're stressin me out AND inspiring me with all your activity (while so preggo) all at the same time!! Hope you're gonna take it easy from now til baby gets here!

I'm REALLY hoping my scale stall is over. I saw a new low this morning.....it was in my gown, but it was a new "in my gown" low. 203.0! I'm on the low end of calories again today, but we went out for lunch and I'm not sure I counted enough calories for what I ate..........but I'm a little hungry. I may have a snack yet.....not sure.....I think I'll weigh first and then see how I feel about it. Weighing may make me not so hungry anymore. I haven't had a 2 lb loss in a week in several weeks now. I'd sure like to see one....although I'm pretty sure it won't happen this week....been out to eat tooooooooo much!

You guys......ya'll are my rock! I couldn't do this journey without you guys. Thank you.....each of you!
  • I would like to join in. I joined for a short time awhile back but did not keep it up like everything else-lol.

I guess one reason I didn't keep it up is it seemed like everyone was so far ahead of me regarding which plan they were following and being in better control of their emotional eating, if that was a problem, so I just said the heck with it but now reading the heading of the thread "Lifestyle Change" it seems appropriate to join again.

I am taking small to very small steps as I have been struggling with overeating for along time and I guess the biggest reason is that when I did got to goal weight about 15 years ago I did it with the hope that my whole life would be better, I would have no worries and other nonsense but now I know that getting to your goal weight is something you do for your SELF and that losing the weight is so very important, of course, but getting your outside to match your inside(becoming a positive and self confident person) is equally important, for me at least. Thinking about not having a balanced inside as well as outside makes me think of an analogy, it is like having a gorgeous vintage Camaro(I love muscle cars) with no engine in it.

My goals for tomorrow:
    -make a list of more healthful food choices
    -be positive

Thanks so much for listening. I hope this made some sense.

Larry sending healing thoughts your way.
  • my goals for tomorrow:
    eat breakfast!!!
    get some snacks together (for after dinner binges)
    and really watch portion sizes!!!
  • Quote: thanks ladies! i just DON'T want to have a c-section. God has a plan though.

well, morethan, i will tell you what i do for breakfast most days, that keeps my eyes open and i feel nourished. I hate slimfast shakes too. yucky. i hate powdery shakes as well, but CARNATION breakfast. wow. those are soooo good! i've tried all the flavors, and they are awesome! no powdery shakes either. they blend so well. i usually buy the big chocolate version. SO doesn't eat breakfast normally. To get him something quick, he WILL drink those though. sometimes i add a splash of coffee and some ice.

well, SOs dad bought us some home made turkey and dressing...so we ate that for dinner.

i guess i'll be good tomorrow. i know i burned thousands of calories today, so i'm not really worried about my donut day.
    Ive had 2 sections and than an induced VBA2C...csects are no fun, but youll be OK and your doc knows best!
    and i heard the Carnation BF were really sugary. Are they? Do they fill you up?