3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Just a Quick Vent (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/231084-just-quick-vent.html)

100percentME 04-16-2011 11:09 AM

Just a Quick Vent

Its so frustrating how the scale jumps up and down. yesterday i was 139. sooo excited to finally see a 130's number. for the first time in almost a year! but then my darling fiance took me out to dinner and a movie. I love him. I was totally happy to go to a restaurant with him and munch down on some pasta. We saw a great movie and i love leaning up against him in the theatre while we snack on some candy. Buuuuut, you guessed it. 143 today. I know that its a result of everything i ate yesterday, its just so discouraging when one day can make such a big difference on the scale.
I keep telling myself that if i can just get out of the 140's, then ill be okay, but i just cant get out of the 140's!

So im starting today with new levels of determination. I have 3 months til my wedding, and 15 pounds to lose. :)

InControl2Day 04-16-2011 01:02 PM

You can't gain 4 lbs overnight so it's mostly just water retention.

I do find that the closer I get to goal, the easier it is to see a gain or no-loss on the scale. I relish every 0.2 lb I lose now :)

JoJoJo2 04-16-2011 01:42 PM

Losing 15 lbs. between now and your wedding day is very doable. But you will have to work on it.

Be careful with your food intake. Maintain your exercise routine. Enjoy any movies with your sweetie without the candy, just be careful.

The scale is a fickle beastie - it bounces around like crazy, especially when you are so near your weight-loss goal. :wave:

gagalu 04-17-2011 03:48 AM

nothing wrong with a date night now and then. the great thing is that you're sticking to plan! you'll get there girl~

Gwen 04-17-2011 10:04 AM

Avoid pasta, rice, candy... all those starchy and sugary carbs. I believe they grab and retain water - you can see evidence of this if you leave some pasta or rice in water for a while - it quadruples! Hmmm - it starts out small, dry and hard, then, while cooking it absorbs water - continuing to expand until YOU decide it's done. You eat it, and if my thoughts are correct it continues to absorb water in your system.

ilidawn 04-17-2011 04:55 PM

It's sad how sometimes when a guy's sweet it causes weight gain lol (I used to be given chocolates and junk food all the time..still do sometimes XD )

I hope it's just mostly water retention, just try to keep positive. Best of luck for losing the 15 before your wedding (and congrats on the wedding too by the way!) :)

theCandEs 04-17-2011 05:04 PM

It's just water retention. Don't beat yourself up for a splurge. It will go away. Just get back on the horse!