3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   ALMOST threw in the towel.......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/230709-almost-threw-towel.html)

downsizer55 04-15-2011 12:52 PM

ALMOST threw in the towel..........

Yesterday was NOT good. I was feeling discouraged.
Tired of being fat, tired of trying to lose weight, tired
of thinking about food ( the "right" ones ),
and just ready to "throw in the towel". So I read posts,
had a "pep talk" with myself, didn't eat any more
and went to bed, knowing that today is another day.
What do YOU do when you have a day like that?:?:

WendeeLou 04-15-2011 12:55 PM

Talk with someone who understands my struggles!! Or look at an Oxygen magazine! haha! I wanna look like those gals!

SO glad you didnt throw in the towel girl! Today is a NEW day- heres to makin it one of the best yet!:carrot:

OhMyDogs 04-15-2011 12:56 PM

When I have a day like that, I whine to my husband, who helps to pick me back up, and dusts off me off, and reminds me of how good I feel (overall) now that I am living a healthier lifestyle. He's my biggest cheerleader (and not bcause he wants a skinny wife, he actually prefers heavier women, but because he loves me and wants me to be happy).

surfergirl2 04-15-2011 12:59 PM

I just try to pass time...and read this forum...just wait for the day to pass so that feeling goes away.

nationalparker 04-15-2011 01:06 PM

I write in a journal and start the entry with the thought that:
Losing weight is hard
Maintaining is hard
Being overweight is hard.
You have to pick your hard.
That helps me put things in perspective whenever I see it.

DixC Chix 04-15-2011 01:09 PM

I put on some of my old fat clothes and marvel at my progress. This usually gets me thinking about other NSV such as touching my toes and my almost perfect record of attendance for classes at the gym. Right now I can't stop looking at the revealed vein in my forearm that reminds me I have lost some fat and gained some muscle.

Yes, I am not done and the road ahead looks so long but so is the road behind me! Reviewing the road behind me always boosts my spirits.

ShanIAm 04-15-2011 01:09 PM

If I can, I go to bed. But before I do I put on a pair of pants I used to fit into but are now tight. So as I am laying there with the life being sucked out of me I remind myself where I want to be. On my good days, I put on my loose pants. I'm an all occasion kinda girl! :)

Today's a rough one for me too but since I am at work I find great comfort coming here and reading the mini-goal and goal sections. I just read one person's mini-goal story and tears came to my eyes because I was so happy for them. Love that!

4star 04-15-2011 01:14 PM

I usually do measurements and compare where I am to where I've been. Then I go work out. :ebike:

Sounds like you did great! :high:

surfergirl2 04-15-2011 01:22 PM

Also...know that this feeling WILL pass. The last few days i've been feeling like my diet is almost EASY. It's like a weight off my shoulders. But just last week i had a day like yours. I felt like i wanted to binge so badly. That feeling lasted less than 24 hours. So you just have to ride it out.

supergir111 04-15-2011 04:19 PM

Avoid mirrors, come on here, watch youtube success stories, distract myself with something not weight related. Riding it out is a great way to put it, these days come around every so often unfortunately but you have lost so much and come so far!! try to think of your accomplishments :)